Horrible news

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Hasuak
New user

Horrible news

Post by Hasuak » May 14th, 2008, 12:07

Yes. They are too horrible. Too horrible to say, imagine, look at or even accept to be true.

My HDD died.

My fucking HDD died last night just like that. I rebooted my system after some installs and BANG!

"HDD could not be read" etc I dunno what it says in english machines.

"Levyn lukuvirhe" tjsp.

There goes Feast, ZBloodBath, my musics, softwares, prons and everything. Everything I've ever done, disappeared just like that.

I'm still trying to do something to it, but I don't think anything will help.

It's not sure if I'll continue on any of these projects anymore. Fuck this shit.

EDIT:

I just received an red letter. On the envelope it said: Läppis. My laptop's name.

It's ridiculous. A laptop can't write a letter.

It asked me to come to Silent Hill. To our special place.

- I'm going..
A man trapped in pantry has his ass in jam.

ZBloodBath - Helping people to enjoy the greatest multiplayer experience once again.

Feast - Whole new game based on GZDoom engine, combining a whole new story with Stroggs, zombies, lawnmowers, steroids and nuclear war. Fucks shit up, dayum.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » May 14th, 2008, 12:27

Pfft. I'll just give you ZBloodBath back. I don't suppose you did much with it in the meanwhile.

As for the pron. You can just download it again.

Life goes on. Now you got a clean install. Everything should work faster.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Hasuak
New user

Post by Hasuak » May 14th, 2008, 12:47

Clean install up mah butt. The whole HDD is broken, so I have to buy a new one. I got this old, really small one but I'm not sure if I wanna use it.

And thanks for recovering mah ZBB \o

ZBloodBath - Helping people to enjoy the greatest multiplayer experience once again.

Feast - Whole new game based on GZDoom engine, combining a whole new story with Stroggs, zombies, lawnmowers, steroids and nuclear war. Fucks shit up, dayum.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » May 14th, 2008, 13:40

Well, if you are feeling rich you can always try to send it to data recovery service.
Either way, that shit sucks. :(
LOL HI!

Hasuak
New user

Post by Hasuak » May 14th, 2008, 13:44

Well, you see.. I still live with my parents because I haven't found a place to study/move :D

I don't think they like the tought about broken, expensive HDD, especially because we are kinda out of money.

Maybe I'll just have to stick with the old one. I'm more worried about Feast than ZBB, because I've been working on it for long time and everything is hand made by me (except music). I hope the fucking god my friend didn't remove it from his computer yesterday.

Nah, no hoping from imaginary friends. I just fecking hope.

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » May 14th, 2008, 14:10

I'm sorry to hear that man. I've got about 5 gigs of info locked up in thumb drives just in case.

Also, ZBB? I wanna know now.
Am I missing out on something?
Achievement Unlocked: <3*
(Since returned to Daedalus.)
Achievement Unlocked: Kickass Chaos Avatar by Ella.

Achievement Unlocked: Best Insult Ever

Hasuak
New user

Post by Hasuak » May 14th, 2008, 14:15

ZBB = ZBloodBath. Check my thread about it. It's called "ZBloodBath, introductions etc" or something.

Basically, it's an remake of Blood on ZDoom engine.

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » May 14th, 2008, 14:28

One of my friends once had the same problem, he literally farted on his pc and it started working again. I swear this to be true! They're unrelated, probably a loose connection came right again... but seriously, we loled.

Hasuak
New user

Post by Hasuak » May 14th, 2008, 21:36

Ahaha! Epic lulz, I say :D

Yeah, the HDD is dead and buried. Feast and ZBB is safe, but I lost all the ripped art files. Well, It's not that hard to do with XWE, but still.

I just want a new HDD. It sucks to be with this one that came with my laptop. 50gb in my bunghole. ;<

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » May 15th, 2008, 00:00

Alas i let forth a howl of sorrow and extend my sympathy towards thee with open paws. Life may throw us obstacles and hardships but rise i say, rise once more from the ashes as the phoneix would! continue once more with the task of contributing towards Blood. Were here to pick you up, clean you up and keep you moving just as family would do so, just like a pack of wolves would do so ;)

Bruce777999
Pink on the Inside

Post by Bruce777999 » May 15th, 2008, 00:02

Bad luck.
Try frequent backups.

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Post by wangho » May 15th, 2008, 00:08

Bruce777999 wrote:Bad luck.
Try frequent backups.
I don't know why, but the thought of a little sheep telling people to 'try frequent backups' makes me laugh. Never change your avatar

Requiem
Lightly Broiled

Post by Requiem » May 15th, 2008, 02:27

I backup essential files daily, especially material related to The Forgotten. I lost an 8GB hard drive once, loads of old maps, skins and other stuff all gone, never again...
[quote="Umnir"]The final boss of HL.. It's like running on sharp glass, acid raining on you while there's two pineapples in your ass sideways and bulldogs are trying to eat your balls.[/quote]

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » May 15th, 2008, 12:04

I can honestly say non of my HDD's have ever failed :shock:

I work from my PC and don't back stuff up, maybe I should :?

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » May 15th, 2008, 13:53

I've led about 4 PCs to their untimely demise.

'Cept the last one was my grandparents' fault. They loaded XP on it. My computer didn't like that.
Achievement Unlocked: <3*
(Since returned to Daedalus.)
Achievement Unlocked: Kickass Chaos Avatar by Ella.

Achievement Unlocked: Best Insult Ever