Horror 3D (ZDoom mod I found)

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
User avatar
Blood of Nightmares
Well Done
Posts: 1674
Joined: May 10th, 2005, 23:17
Location: The Accurate Hall of Epiphany

Horror 3D (ZDoom mod I found)

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Mar 20th, 2015, 12:43

Looks like someone is trying to recreate 'Blood' in it's alpha "Horror 3D" stage.

http://horror3d.comule.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horror-3 ... ts&fref=ts

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=48110

Any thoughts and opinions on this?

Apparently this mod where you play "Blood" circa 1995 called "Horror 3D" before the final product which the protagonist you play as is Micheal before they replaced him with Caleb.

User avatar
Dimebog
Troll of the Opera
Posts: 2165
Joined: Aug 6th, 2006, 15:48
Contact:

Re: Horror 3D (ZDoom mod I found)

Post by Dimebog » Mar 20th, 2015, 14:59

Hello, BoN, how is it going?

I don't understand the intention of this project but it seems kind of redundant and something that will probably play, look and feel like another DOOM mod with some BLOOD stuff in it.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

User avatar
xBRYAN2000x
New user
Posts: 8
Joined: Aug 18th, 2012, 05:48
Location: United States

Re: Horror 3D (ZDoom mod I found)

Post by xBRYAN2000x » Mar 21st, 2015, 21:06

The website is also online on the Bloodline Community
https://horror3d.bloodline.eu/

User avatar
Blood of Nightmares
Well Done
Posts: 1674
Joined: May 10th, 2005, 23:17
Location: The Accurate Hall of Epiphany

Re: Horror 3D (ZDoom mod I found)

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Mar 22nd, 2015, 02:39

Dimebog wrote:I don't understand the intention of this project but it seems kind of redundant and something that will probably play, look and feel like another DOOM mod with some BLOOD stuff in it.
I guess nothing's 'pure' enough for you eh? While forgetting the fact that Blood's original engine is not only buggy (i.e. not perfect at all) but also has no source code released which forces people to do things like this you know.

Blood is whatever you want it to be you know and there really isn't a "one pure true holy vision" as especially as shown before you they originally planned "Blood" to be before the final product with the point being if Blood or "Horror 3D" was released like this as the final product, then you'll be praising it as the "one pure true holy vision" in a alternate universe somewhere if you get my point.

User avatar
Krypto
Well Done
Posts: 1874
Joined: Sep 14th, 2006, 18:24
Contact:

Re: Horror 3D (ZDoom mod I found)

Post by Krypto » Mar 22nd, 2015, 13:20

Bon your completely missing the point of Dime's post. Dime's points to the obvious fact that how can one take a game on a more advanced engine and recreate it on an inferior engine lacking many substantial features which will be unable to replicate the look and feel of the original game? Forgot about being able to replicate BLOOD's physics, enemy A.I and most importantly the environmental effects such as rotating/sliding sectors, room over room and exploding scenery, scripting with any shred of credible authenticity and are unique to the BUILD engine as well, also bear in mind these components are entirely integral and essential to the Blood experience.

The argument here isn't about wanting to maintain the vanilla experience in it's purest form, that's just an erroneous assumption you've made in a crude attempt to undermine and attack another's clear opinion to a straight forward question. Yes it can't be refuted that the original game's engine is buggy, glitchy and prone to all manner of strange oddities and occurrences, and their is a clear divide between fans who see these bugs as charming aspects of Blood and others who would prefer to have them fixed as part of a pipe dream list.

I think it is a dangerous assumption on your part to state that Blood can be whatever form or manifestation it sees fit to an apparent fan who only cares about the theme of the game, but pays no care and attention to ensuring it remains integral and authentic to the original game's behaviour in whatever potential reboot may surface. And no you can't make the stupid assumption that if they incorporated more of the Alpha content from the early 1994/5 builds we would still be praising the game because it would be completely different and far from the retail version we know and love today despite it's partial flaws. We don't want a recreation of the laughable ZBlood, which having experienced it, looks, plays and feels like Doom but with a Blood graphical paint job.

User avatar
HenitoKisou
New user
Posts: 19
Joined: Feb 7th, 2014, 17:00

Re: Horror 3D (ZDoom mod I found)

Post by HenitoKisou » Mar 22nd, 2015, 23:30

Actually all features mentioned above can be achieved with GZDoom and ACS scripting, although Eternity engine provides better EDF scripting for AI and advanced scenarios and while effect will not be the same as Build engine they will stay close. 3DGE is option too. However no other engine can exclusively and 100% emulate Blood iteration of gameplay, even Eduke32 TC is fake in how enemies and weapons, movement, lighting, view tilting works (not to mention stupid things like zombies dropping on floor by slightest damage on hard difficulties).

User avatar
Dimebog
Troll of the Opera
Posts: 2165
Joined: Aug 6th, 2006, 15:48
Contact:

Re: Horror 3D (ZDoom mod I found)

Post by Dimebog » Mar 22nd, 2015, 23:54

Blood of Nightmares wrote:
Dimebog wrote:I don't understand the intention of this project but it seems kind of redundant and something that will probably play, look and feel like another DOOM mod with some BLOOD stuff in it.
I guess nothing's 'pure' enough for you eh? While forgetting the fact that Blood's original engine is not only buggy (i.e. not perfect at all) but also has no source code released which forces people to do things like this you know.

Blood is whatever you want it to be you know and there really isn't a "one pure true holy vision" as especially as shown before you they originally planned "Blood" to be before the final product with the point being if Blood or "Horror 3D" was released like this as the final product, then you'll be praising it as the "one pure true holy vision" in a alternate universe somewhere if you get my point.
Who exactly is it that you are quoting there when you say "one pure true holy vision"? I just said that the project seems redundant since ZBlood already succeeds at being a DOOM mod with some poorly ripped off BLOOD art. That's all I am saying, no more, no less. Next time, quote me on that and do not imagine things I did not say unless you wish to do this rhetoric exercise in your own mind.

The other reason why the project seems redundant (but you can still try and correct me on that) is the fact that one can simply replace retail art with alpha art and convert the the old levels (likely with even more success) thus creating something that still fully plays like BLOOD while appearing retrograde. The sad fact is that in all likelihood, this project will not even make any such attempts at accuracy and consistency. But no matter how half-assed it will turn out, I suppose it will be good enough for you since BLOOD has bugs in it and we just can't have that shit.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

User avatar
xBRYAN2000x
New user
Posts: 8
Joined: Aug 18th, 2012, 05:48
Location: United States

Re: Horror 3D (ZDoom mod I found)

Post by xBRYAN2000x » Mar 23rd, 2015, 03:58

Dimebog wrote:
Blood of Nightmares wrote:
Dimebog wrote:I don't understand the intention of this project but it seems kind of redundant and something that will probably play, look and feel like another DOOM mod with some BLOOD stuff in it.
If you don't like the mod, then dont play it
We are making this mod just for fun. not fame. :roll:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changes of the Day : 3/22/2015
New Weapons finished:
Proximity TNT
Detonated TNT
EctoBlaster (Altfire for Napalm Launcher)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Stuff Finished:
Font for Pickup Messages and more, etc.
Added Ectoblaster Sound Effect and some others.
Speargun Projectiles rotatable and better.
Pitchfork Flesh Hitting Sounds
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11,203 lines coded on decorate.txt
That was our update of Horror 3D from 03/22/2015

User avatar
Dimebog
Troll of the Opera
Posts: 2165
Joined: Aug 6th, 2006, 15:48
Contact:

Re: Horror 3D (ZDoom mod I found)

Post by Dimebog » Mar 23rd, 2015, 16:40

xBRYAN2000x wrote:We are making this mod just for fun. not fame. :roll:
I never implied that either, but fair enough.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

User avatar
Krypto
Well Done
Posts: 1874
Joined: Sep 14th, 2006, 18:24
Contact:

Re: Horror 3D (ZDoom mod I found)

Post by Krypto » Mar 24th, 2015, 11:44

HenitoKisou wrote:Actually all features mentioned above can be achieved with GZDoom and ACS scripting.
In theory :wink: :wink: also with the lack of authentic behaviour :P

User avatar
Krypto
Well Done
Posts: 1874
Joined: Sep 14th, 2006, 18:24
Contact:

Re: Horror 3D (ZDoom mod I found)

Post by Krypto » Apr 7th, 2015, 02:05

I rest my case.


User avatar
HenitoKisou
New user
Posts: 19
Joined: Feb 7th, 2014, 17:00

Re: Horror 3D (ZDoom mod I found)

Post by HenitoKisou » Apr 7th, 2015, 02:57

This one isn't even remake on Zdoom engine, only TC and thus doesn't need to be accurate one nor is replacement instead of Blood (see the Wolfendoom as to what is to original Wolf), rather, poorly done attempt of implementation which is not what this engine is capable of... Basically for correct behaviour you need at least .deh or mentioned before DECORATE with ACS scripting placed among the levels and posibillities increased over time with latest release candidate builds. Which means every other source port of Doom can be less and less based on the source code if we go that way but the modders will applause. But they hate custom monsters and content in wads and are more orthodox in doing TC that detract from original gameplay so it's not source port which is limiting emulation of other games, rather, the unwritten codex and rules how you should do it right way. You are there on their Doomworld place too so you should know all this mess around.

User avatar
Krypto
Well Done
Posts: 1874
Joined: Sep 14th, 2006, 18:24
Contact:

Re: Horror 3D (ZDoom mod I found)

Post by Krypto » Apr 7th, 2015, 03:10

I barely qualify as a member over there, the only forums I read are 'Speed Demos' and occasionally 'Wads & Mods' and I rarely visit maybe once or twice a month.

Also the point still stands that pseudo hackery reattempts on older game engines hurt the spirit of the original Blood by detracting attention and care for it.

User avatar
Blood of Nightmares
Well Done
Posts: 1674
Joined: May 10th, 2005, 23:17
Location: The Accurate Hall of Epiphany

Re: Horror 3D (ZDoom mod I found)

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Apr 8th, 2015, 16:43

Dimebog wrote:Who exactly is it that you are quotng it as the "one pure true holy vision" in a alternate universe somewhere if you get my point.

Who exactly is it that you are quoting there when you say "one pure true holy vision"? I just said that the project seems redundant since ZBlood already succeeds at being a DOOM mod with some poorly ripped off BLOOD art. That's all I am saying, no more, no less. Next time, quote me on that and do not imagine things I did not say unless you wish to do this rhetoric exercise in your own mind.

The other reason why the project seems redundant (but you can still try and correct me on that) is the fact that one can simply replace retail art with alpha art and convert the the old levels (likely with even more success) thus creating something that still fully plays like BLOOD while appearing retrograde. The sad fact is that in all likelihood, this project will not even make any such attempts at accuracy and consistency. But no matter how half-assed it will turn out, I suppose it will be good enough for you since BLOOD has bugs in it and we just can't have that shit.
Dimebog, I think you're simply underestimating of what the ZDoom engine can do based a few shitty ZBlood TCs and pretty much held on to it since.


Krypto wrote:
HenitoKisou wrote:Actually all features mentioned above can be achieved with GZDoom and ACS scripting.
In theory :wink: :wink: also with the lack of authentic behaviour :P
I think this is exactly what I mean about my point earlier on....
Krypto wrote:I barely qualify as a member over there, the only forums I read are 'Speed Demos' and occasionally 'Wads & Mods' and I rarely visit maybe once or twice a month.

Also the point still stands that pseudo hackery reattempts on older game engines hurt the spirit of the original Blood by detracting attention and care for it.
I think you miss the point that the popular psychology such as yours for example, has parallels to Doomworld's due to purism.

User avatar
Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside
Posts: 352
Joined: Jan 6th, 2011, 22:28

Re: Horror 3D (ZDoom mod I found)

Post by Status Cruo » Aug 15th, 2015, 22:27

Blood of Nightmares wrote:Blood is whatever you want it to be
It's precisely relativism what lowers the standards.

Post Reply