Another Blood review

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Another Blood review

Post by MoonStalkeR » Oct 25th, 2014, 00:36

Good amount of effort but it felt like he was grasping at straws when he brought up a supposed inconsistency in level themes as a con. With the exception of Dead Reckoning, the level progression feels natural and there is somewhat of a unity in each episode.
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Re: Another Blood review

Post by Status Cruo » Oct 25th, 2014, 03:02

It may just be his natural voice, but he totally sounds like a kid!and if that's true, good for him, for having experienced Blood, even if he can't review it to save his life.

Yes, I never heard anybody bringing up anything about these alleged inconsistencies in Blood's level design before. Shadow Warrior was certainly criticized a lot for that, and even though I don't think it takes anything away from it, I can't see how anybody could have played both games to conclude Blood was more "inconsistent" in this particular regard.

Something else I noticed, his channel's just a bunch of video game reviews. What's up with that? what's the point?

Here's how I'd address the level design issue:

Blood: variety + sense of progression.
Shadow Warrior: variety + little sense of progression.
Duke Nukem 3D: little variety + sense of progression.

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Oct 25th, 2014, 12:40

One thing that I need to point out directly though after only watching 1:30 into the clip. One thing that seems to be a common misunderstanding. Blood was NEVER under development by 3D Realms. It was started by Q-studios which then merged with Monolith. 3D realms did have something to do with blood though, can't remember if they were the publishers or something, they might even have owned the IP but the developers were q-studios.

gerolf
New user

Post by gerolf » Oct 28th, 2014, 08:44

3DR was at first the publisher.

L3GEND
Still Kicking

Post by L3GEND » Oct 29th, 2014, 14:44

https://bloodline.eu -regularly posted news, regularly new things
https://archive.bloodline.eu - the biggest blood bank ever made, over 2700 bloody files, from week to week more.
support our work and register !

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Apr 1st, 2015, 11:09

Tekedon wrote: One thing that seems to be a common misunderstanding. Blood was NEVER under development by 3D Realms. It was started by Q-studios which then merged with Monolith.
I've taken the liberty of going on every Youtube review of Blood or popular video I can find and commenting on this, placing a handy link to the evidence: http://web.bloodline.eu/QStudios/blood.html

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Apr 10th, 2015, 01:48

Found this:

Pretty good just gets straight to the point at explaining what he likes and why it's so awesome. I'll never understand where this huge misunderstanding came from that 3D Realms had anything to do with Blood's development, maybe if people read between the lines more then believe blind facts, they were only meant to be the original publishers but for some reason this duty was sold to GT Interactive, ah the cold irony of such a fate, otherwise the source would have been released the same time as Duke3D.