Studying the Blood Alpha

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
natsirT95
New user

Studying the Blood Alpha

Post by natsirT95 » Nov 15th, 2013, 02:12

The Blood Alpha; the alpha's source doesn't have all the necessary files, and so the alpha release was probably what was sent to Q-Studio employees by the coder to overwrite an older version, which is most likely why files are missing, and it was left in a PC that was being repaired, and it was then leaked.

What do you all think?

More reasons I believe this to be true: In the blood.txt file it mentions some things about enemies that are in the game, the gill beast and Phantasm, stating that the attacks work for the Phantasm but it needs artwork.. In the source files there is AI files but none for the Phantasm (Phantasm doesn't attack at all, all it can do is be killed, this is also true for the Gill Beast and you can kill 1 of the 2 heads of Cerberus). This text file also states that the Axe Zombie has no attack, but in the source files there is a ZOMBIEAI file and when you play the alpha the zombies do indeed attack.

Anyways, I've been fooling around with the Blood Alpha. The source code to the Blood Alpha is pretty useless due to so many missing files. There is a lot of code though, but without the lost files, it's no good. So now we can add the Blood Alpha's to the "Release the Source!" missions.

Also,
comm1120 is for the COMMIT file, and I'm not quite sure how important it is.
stup1122 is simply the source for SETUP.EXE files, and I think this has the most code within it, and it might even be the full thing!
sharemap is just the 4 default maps (Blood1.map, Blood2.map, Blood3.map and Blood6.map)..
bsource is the Blood Source Code, and it's got some things, but it's missing a lot of the important files.. There's a single QAV file called TFH2, anyone know what that is (I know some here can edit QAV so maybe it rings a bell)?

Here's an 11 minute video (please, skip around a bit..)
In the video, you will notice that I added "fake" players, I did so while firing weapons, and the fake players will repetitively shoot those weapons until they run out of ammo. It's strange, I gave one the shotgun and when it ran out of ammo, he began using the Tommy Gun, but the rest when they ran out of ammo with their weapon, they just stop attacking. ALSO, you can hear some weird sound pitches at times for reasons unknown, my guess is when so many players die at once it screws up the random pitches. Regarding the fake players using weapons, it seems they can't use TNT or the Voodoo Doll.

And here's a video showing a pretty interesting map

That's all I've got for now.

natsirT95
New user

Re: Studying the Blood Alpha and Beta

Post by natsirT95 » Mar 8th, 2014, 19:27

Update:
The Blood Beta has less things to talk about, but it does have some interesting things in it, like these 3 sound clips:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kpnjtrea4r8aet6
Caleb saying "Yippie", *some Spanish saying* and a different "Ophelia? Nooooooooo!"
I'm pretty sure none of these quotes made it into the final.

Also it had this in the art files 8)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Re: Studying the Blood Alpha

Post by Tekedon » Mar 10th, 2014, 17:52

The different "ophelia, noooooo" clip I've heard before. I think it was also present in some of the older demo/shareware versions? Those two other clips are new to me though :D Spanish speaking caleb.. hehe..

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Mar 10th, 2014, 19:17

And I don't speak spanish but I think Caleb says. "Flores para los muertos". Which translates to "flowers for the dead" according to google translate atleast :D

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 11th, 2014, 09:52

The 'yippie' was included as part of the sound pack for one of the Windows themes on Blood's CD 2.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Sir Seizhak
Pink on the Inside

Post by Sir Seizhak » Mar 26th, 2014, 02:29

Tekedon wrote:And I don't speak spanish but I think Caleb says. "Flores para los muertos". Which translates to "flowers for the dead" according to google translate atleast :D
Yes, your're right ;)
Cabal's Return Add-On. Wait for it.

BloodHispano. The best Spanish Blood website!