The "I love Blood.. BUT" thread

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

The "I love Blood.. BUT" thread

Post by Tekedon » Aug 19th, 2013, 23:58

Ok, this is just for fun, not sure if it has been done before. Most of us here on this forum love the game.. including me.. but every game no matter how good, has it's flaws, some small.. some bigger. This thread is for nitpicking small details (or bigger details) that irritate you about Blood. :twisted:

Here is a small one from me, check out this frame of the shotgun reload animation. Doesn't something seem wrong?

1. The perspective (check red lines).. it's like the pipes are sawed off crooked.
2. The "dolly hands".. comeon, where are the fingers?? Looks like he has a handglove on or something. :P

Krypto
Well Done

Re: The "I love Blood.. BUT" thread

Post by Krypto » Aug 20th, 2013, 00:38

When I first got the retail version 1.0, it was so broken and buggy I thought did I install it wrong?

Doors being able to kill you, but it's not quite apparent which ones can at first.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Aug 20th, 2013, 10:35

Hmm.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Aug 20th, 2013, 13:00

I agree on the buginess of the first retail version. It would crash very often for me, especially when throwing aerosol cans at spiders I think. And that part on e3m2 where you shoot the electrical box.. I would always have to save at that part because there was a 50/50 chance it would crash.

Another thing that irritates me is how in some levels you can skip big parts if you know how, like in one level in episode 2 where you can crawl under a gate which needs a key in a corridor filled with water.. was it e2m4 or e2m5? I know you don't have to cheat but knowing how easy it is, is bothersome.. and like in the sewers map where you can wait for the cultist to drop down at the beginning and use him to jump up onto the ledge and "break" the map.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Aug 20th, 2013, 16:33

Tekedon wrote:And like in the sewers map where you can wait for the cultist to drop down at the beginning and use him to jump up onto the ledge and "break" the map.
That breaks it? I thought it was just a shortcut to the exit.

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Aug 20th, 2013, 17:51

well, not break.. but skipping parts of maps means you miss part of the experience. I believe this is due to some maps originating from the alpha where items and a lot of things were different.

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Aug 20th, 2013, 20:11

Uh... ok.

1. Buggy hit detection in certain areas. I've had moments where an explosive looks as if it clearly hit a target only to do minimal or no damage at all. Raw sewage is the worst offender for it.
2. Occasional repeat of themes such as crypts and temples. I don't mind that a whole lot, but someone is right to mention that it leaves the first of it's kind map left blended in with the others of it's type.
3. The bosses blow. None of them feel badass anymore. Cheogh and Shial are repeated like crazy, the latter being fucking annoying to fight if you can even call it that, and do I even need to say anything about Cerberus and Tchernobog?
4. Dead Reckoning's inconsistent theme.

Those are my only gripes with the game. They don't drag the game down, but do keep it from being completely amazing like other FPS games. Don't worry, it's definitely one of my top 10 games. ;)
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

Gargoyle
New user

Post by Gargoyle » Aug 20th, 2013, 22:23

Cultists having something like 1-10hp left once you shoot them with a flare and same when shotgunning zombies in EC v1.21.

NoOne
Pink on the Inside

Post by NoOne » Aug 21st, 2013, 00:18

The only one thing im still dont love in Blood:
Player climb over monsters and all objects (for example when you explode body).
NoOne

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Aug 21st, 2013, 13:32

Is this similar to how you can throw TNT but it can just about manage to land on an enemy's head without exploding? xD

Psycho87
Still Kicking

Post by Psycho87 » Aug 21st, 2013, 16:32

Tekedon wrote:Another thing that irritates me is how in some levels you can skip big parts if you know how, like in one level in episode 2 where you can crawl under a gate which needs a key in a corridor filled with water.. was it e2m4 or e2m5? I know you don't have to cheat but knowing how easy it is, is bothersome.. and like in the sewers map where you can wait for the cultist to drop down at the beginning and use him to jump up onto the ledge and "break" the map.
Just recorded this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKHSRYv8zKc

I don't know too many shortcuts though, so I would like to learn more. What exactly do you mean with the gate thing?

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Aug 21st, 2013, 17:38

That's one of the bigger shortcuts :)
Here is what I mean, it is in e2m4. Overlooked hotel. All you have to do is crouch. This is because of the water having a depth, player sinks a bit under the floor (water) causing you to be able slide right under.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ek6uV9l ... e=youtu.be

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Aug 22nd, 2013, 12:47

A secret is revealed.

L3GEND
Still Kicking

Post by L3GEND » Aug 27th, 2013, 01:13

The effort to bring the game to run.... :)

https://bloodline.eu -regularly posted news, regularly new things
https://archive.bloodline.eu - the biggest blood bank ever made, over 2700 bloody files, from week to week more.
support our work and register !

natsirT95
New user

Post by natsirT95 » Oct 6th, 2013, 08:46

Super bump, but why not?

Anyways, the one thing that I don't like about Blood is if Caleb is a gunslinger, why doesn't he have a revolver at all?

I also didn't like how many features seemed to have been removed like there's unused pitchfork frames and the Cultist had swimming animations and even jumping animations (I know it was made mainly because Caleb had that skin in the past), but they don't ever use those frames.

I wish that Monolith had released not just the source code, but the alphas and betas. The really old screenshots of Blood are filled with some pretty cool stuff!