Death Wish Update

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Bloatoid
Pink on the Inside

Death Wish Update

Post by Bloatoid » Jan 12th, 2013, 06:50

I'm working on releasing a refined final version of the add-on and was wondering if anyone had any comments or ideas about what can be done to improve things, especially if you are aware of an outright error.

In the Freeminded site someone posted a "Co-Op compatible" version of Death Wish, although I have no idea what changed since it was co-op compatible to begin with (I've played online with others several times).

Any and all nit-picks are welcome :-)

Gargoyle
New user

Re: Death Wish Update

Post by Gargoyle » Jan 12th, 2013, 16:18

My biggest request would be having more health throughout the maps. It's quite vicious when most of the health is hidden in secrets and you have to avoid getting damaged as much as possible. By adding at least one Life Essence for 1/3 of the obscure looking areas would make the maps much more coop friendly.
The remake was made by Spill. He fixed most of the trap bugs and the keys which re-trigger monsters or close doors permanently. He also added shortcut teleports so the players don't need to go through all the map again after dying. You could use his modified version for improvements.

Bloatoid
Pink on the Inside

Post by Bloatoid » Jan 12th, 2013, 16:54

The rather oppressive difficulty is something I'm already in the process of editing. Mostly life essences and making sure not every instance of armor is secret. The amount of Quicksaving required in the playthroughs I watched was pretty ridiculous ~

As for the trapping I thought that was taken care of in the 1.3 update. I'll keep an eye out for it. I'll consider making a teleporter hub at spawn, which is something I've done in a few unreleased maps.

Cmon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Cmon » Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:05

Yes, me and my friend played every level on coop looking for any errors that could cause us to be permanently stuck. I wrote them all down and went into mapedit and fixed almost all of them. I was using version 1.3 too.

i.e. if a player dies on the last level, the player will re-spawn in mid-air and fall to their death because the spawn flags do not travel with the sector. I fixed this by moving the coop spawn flags to a different area. This did not affect single player in any way.

I would recommend using my coop version for updates. (I don't want any credit. I did it for you for all the hard work you had already done for us :wink: )

Bloatoid
Pink on the Inside

Post by Bloatoid » Jan 22nd, 2013, 22:51

Hah I had those tagged to move ... I guess that doesn't work on spawn points.

The other thing was enemies dropping keys -- I'll have to double check that the keys are just present without being drops in co-op.