Caleb's backstory

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Caleb's backstory

Post by Blood of Nightmares » May 16th, 2012, 23:50

Can anyone come up with a good backstory for Caleb? Here's mine...

Caleb during his human years started out as a Civil War veteran who fought for the South (since he was Texan) and then he branched off as a gang member/bandit (doing Train robberies, etc) until he went rouge and became a lone gunfighter until he met Ophelia which he joined the Cabal and the rest is history.

Well since Caleb can't just immediately jump into a merciless gunfighter without starting somewhere and how he became like that...

Thoughts?

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Re: Caleb's backstory

Post by kurt » May 17th, 2012, 00:50

That's a nice little story, BoN.

I believe I've already superficially addressed your question on my own website, although I had Gabriel as the civil war veteran as you may recall. So I'll simply quote myself to answer your question:

"Caleb is a gunslinger that was born in Texas in 1847. His miserable poverty stricken childhood was made bearable by a mentor that would teach him the skills he would later need in life. He dreamed of wealth and power and his attempts to achieve it made his face a familiar sight on plenty of wanted posters back in the day. It was fate that would bring him to meet Ophelia Price, on that cool autumn night. Her story intrigued him and he quickly fell in love with this beauty from Britain. He would join the Cabal in 1871 soon after meeting Ophelia, and his love for her would grow and consume him for over a hundred years."

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Re: Caleb's backstory

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Feb 6th, 2018, 18:43

Sorry to bump this old thread but I now kinda regret coming up with the idea that Caleb was a Civil War vetern where it probably made sense that he was a drifter and squatter + gunfighter before he joined the Cabal.

Especially right after watching the Confession of Fred Krueger...