LOI: Scourge of Humanity Released!

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
DwayneA
Still Kicking

LOI: Scourge of Humanity Released!

Post by DwayneA » Apr 15th, 2012, 20:50

At last, I am proud to announce that the remake for part 1 in the LOI trilogy: Scourge of Humanity, is now officially available for download to the public!

Get it at the Blood Mod DB at:

http://www.moddb.com/games/blood/addons ... f-humanity

or Blood Freeminded:

http://www.freeminded.de/index.php?section=maps&id=360

Enjoy!

Cmon
Pink on the Inside

Re: LOI: Scourge of Humanity Released!

Post by Cmon » Apr 16th, 2012, 00:06

I haven't been checking 'my' emails recently. Technically it's not 'my' email, it is a friend's. I haven't really asked him if i got any messages. Sorry if I missed something. I'm glad to see this remake is finally released! I must warn the community, it is really hard! :wink:

DosBoss
Still Kicking

Post by DosBoss » Apr 16th, 2012, 04:36

Sounds grand!

I'll give it a whirl tonight :D

DwayneA
Still Kicking

Post by DwayneA » Apr 17th, 2012, 06:00

just added a bunch of screenshots (35 in total) from the mod to Blood Freeminded.

DosBoss
Still Kicking

Post by DosBoss » Apr 17th, 2012, 06:06

Finished the first episode this morning, no kidding, gets pretty brutal!

liking it for the most part though, excellent work :D

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Apr 24th, 2012, 00:53

No kidding about difficulty, I'm already being violated by a Fanatic then a wall explodes to reveal a group of Cultists, Fanatics, Acolytes and Zombies precariously roaming about a cramped city interior, the architecture greatly complements the Acolyte placement, it's cramped and tight so you need to be alert to bundles of TNT and quick to dive. Then the streets are full of more Cultists, I'm sure the demo map wasn't this difficult :shock: Then theirs an enjoyable warehouse excursion full of Rats in a close setting and by that time beaten to a pulp for extra tension.

'The Sewer system' was superb though! Gritty, grime beneath the city streets, surprisingly tough given it's almost all up close and personal with no room to breath with Zombies and Gill Beasts everywhere, the lack of ammo forced me to use explosives 1/2 way which was very bold in itself :D I also enjoyed the interactivity with the levers and switches together with having to look out for key combinations to open later passages.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy 'The Harbour'. Despite being a rip from Shadow Warrior it plays surprisingly well with the Cultists, slow and cautious progression is needed and theirs semi multiple paths so you can sniped from several differing corners.

'Voyage of the Scourge' was a frantic finale, jam packed with Cultists in tight corridors with a tense ambience created through the wailing intruder sirens and a surprise encounter with a Priest near the end.

Surprisingly good so far, the new sounds are quite fitting although a slight odd mash up with Half-Life walk sounds, grinding elevators but the Hexen sounds for Zombies and Spiders seem to match suitably. I don't think Logan's voice is fitting given his background in the story, sounds like a nervous, whining 15 year old.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Apr 24th, 2012, 10:02

Also the music seems entirely out of place for Blood, turning it off provides better atmosphere, but atleast it's not as notorious as 'Realms of Circe' or something in that trilogy which had 'Street Fighter' music for the second map :lol:

eqagunn
New user

Post by eqagunn » Nov 13th, 2020, 01:16

Rushed through all the episodes on Fresh Supply on Still Kicking.

All in all, this is a beautifully designed episode pack with a plenty of quality content, aside from some levels with off-putting key/door placement forcing you to track back and forth several times, and bugs that prevents progress without cheating. Oh, and the story messages appear way too fast one after another for them to be read with comprehension.

Here are some inconveniences I've encountered:

E1M2
Laddder won't port me up unless noclip is on. Luckily I still had Jump Boots at this point so there was no need to cheat.

E2M2
Same story with the ladder, both of them. Nothing up there so yet again no need to cheat.

E3M5
Prevents progress without cheating. I get spawned way up high at the beginning of the level. Fall results in death. Had to voorhees to survive. Seems to be Fresh Supply specific.

E3M6
Can't go through the hole that opens up, but instead need to backtrack the full circle. Kind of makes the hole pointless.

E4M1
Door can be opened without any key while there is fire sign on the right. Based on YT videos I assume this is a leftover from previous version as the guy that used to drop the fire key now drops moon key and the ceiling switch that used to give the moon key is no longer there.

E4M4
Prevents progress without cheating. Same story with the ladder. Noclip has to be on for it to port me up. These ladder bugs seem to be Fresh Supply specific, though only affect specific ladders.

E5M3
Prevents progress without cheating. Upon activating the 5th switch in the maze player character says "Whoa! What the hell did that do?" but the gate remains locked. Had the patch that claims to fix this applied but it didn't help. Had to noclip through them to continue.