DEATH WISH Discussion

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Gargoyle
New user

Re: DEATH WISH Discussion

Post by Gargoyle » Dec 27th, 2011, 13:17

Cmon wrote:Bloatoid,

If it is alright with you, may I update the maps for coop? I mentioned how to do this earlier. I've been playing the levels with a friend and we noticed a lot of issues (keys not respawning, pathways being blocked, and so on...). I've been keeping track of all the problems we ran into. This will be a long process but I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate it. I will send you the maps when I'm finished. Then you can upload them.

I will gladly do it myself. Consider it my gift to you for working so hard on this add-on.
I'd appreciate it. I've played several maps with my friends and got stuck in maps like E1M3 (the arena part where I died and got stuck), E3M1 (the last part where the door closes behind you which doesn't let another player in), E3M2 (the train that blocks the Skull key) and E3M3 (sometimes the elevator at the end is buggy and rises only once. Also the small exit room gets closed and can't be opened). Those coop bugs can be fixed such ways like doors that reveal teleports and explodable walls that lead back to previous areas.

Bloatoid
Pink on the Inside

Post by Bloatoid » Dec 27th, 2011, 19:11

If you give me a detailed list I can take a look at fixing the problems. There are easier ways to fix some of these issues without resorting to teleporters everywhere.

Cmon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Cmon » Dec 28th, 2011, 00:12

Bloatoid wrote:If you give me a detailed list I can take a look at fixing the problems. There are easier ways to fix some of these issues without resorting to teleporters everywhere.
I wasn't planning on using teleports for every issue. Next time I play with my friends we'll make a definite list of all the bugs. I can't tell you any off the top of my head because I don't know the maps by their names or level number yet.

eqagunn
New user

Post by eqagunn » Dec 30th, 2011, 00:16

DWE1M5: JIGSAW

That place with an explosive stuff on the rising platform.
I shoot at it with rocket launcher setting it on, and then ran back to keep my ass alive.
When I returned the door were closed, and I had to noclip through it to continue.
I guess I was supposed to be in that room lol. :D

Anyway, awesome job you did there, playing through it right now. :)

eqagunn
New user

Post by eqagunn » Jan 5th, 2012, 02:57

DWE2M3: MOTHERSHIP

The room where you have to destroy the dead body to obtain Spider Key.
The door behind the body should require Spider Key to open,
but it can be opened even without it, although only from this side.

eqagunn
New user

Post by eqagunn » Jan 7th, 2012, 02:19

DWE2M10: Dread Faction

The room with the Diving Suit in the middle the fire.
If I enter it, I can no longer go out of it.
The door can be opened, but I can't pass.
Had to noclip once again.

eqagunn
New user

Post by eqagunn » Jan 12th, 2012, 15:12

DWE2M6: DEEP-SIXED

The pool in the room with a horde of rats.
When you look down on it it's ok, but if you go in it and look up
you will see that it's missing a texture (appears all messed-up).

DWE2M8: PARADISE LOST

When you first come to the gate that requires Eye and Dagger Key to open, you only have Eye Key.
Although you miss Dagger Key you can still activate the switch on the other side, through the gate.

Trapped Soul and two Remote Dinamites inside a box,
I can't seem to get inside to pick them up (maybe my inventory was full).

Room with water before the room with two Stone Gargoyles needs a ground patch.
The problem is if Stone Gargoyle goes into that room, you can't kill him
because you can't hurt him from inside the water, and you can't proceed if you don't kill him.

pagb666
New user

Post by pagb666 » Apr 23rd, 2012, 01:04

I just played this. Bloody gorgeus, excellent job. I liked a lot all the "scripting" in the maps.

I only have one complain: Why do you hate non-mouselookers? Many switches were an inch below my crosshair :(

Cmon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Cmon » Apr 23rd, 2012, 03:04

pagb666 wrote:I only have one complain: Why do you hate non-mouselookers? Many switches were an inch below my crosshair :(
*Laughs* I'm sorry, you gotta be shitting me.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Apr 23rd, 2012, 13:03

Some people do still play with the default keys.

Bloatoid
Pink on the Inside

Post by Bloatoid » Apr 25th, 2012, 18:15

pagb666 wrote:I just played this. Bloody gorgeus, excellent job. I liked a lot all the "scripting" in the maps.

I only have one complain: Why do you hate non-mouselookers? Many switches were an inch below my crosshair :(
I actually used to play with the keyboard only and wasn't really thinking about it when I was mapping this time around. Most switches should be close to center-screen when you approach. I only started using mouselook when I got my hands on the oiginal Unreal and haven't looked back since.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Apr 25th, 2012, 18:52

Cmon wrote:
pagb666 wrote:I only have one complain: Why do you hate non-mouselookers? Many switches were an inch below my crosshair :(
Someone hasn't been watching the Posty Blood playthrough :P

Can't you counter this with Look Up/Down keys Pagb? :o

pagb666
New user

Post by pagb666 » Apr 30th, 2012, 19:30

Krypto wrote:
Cmon wrote:
Someone hasn't been watching the Posty Blood playthrough :P

Can't you counter this with Look Up/Down keys Pagb? :o
I'm not shitting anyone, I play Doom, Blood and some other old FPSs without mouselook enabled, they just weren't designed with it in mind. And Blood's mouselook is particularly awful.

I bound a key to the mouselook toggle and used it when necessary :P

Cmon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Cmon » May 1st, 2012, 05:39

I can't believe that no one has actually understood my first comment. I wasn't planning on explaining myself but I guess it is necessary. When I said "*Laughs* I'm sorry, you gotta be shitting me." I was referring to his complaint about the switches being to low. I know a few people who play without a mouselook or even a mouse at all. So it's not a case of me being amazed that he doesn't play with mouselook (which is an awfully arrogant thought that I can't comprehend how you guys conjured). But according to his complaint, I just think it's pointless to even make such a remark. Why should Bloatoid place switches in favor of people who do not use mouselook? There is even a button upon their keyboard that allows the player to look up and down therefore there is no excuse.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » May 1st, 2012, 23:47

I think it's just a matter of common courtesy that switches in BLOOD are placed at eye-level similarly as how people place them in real life - it wouldn't make much sense for them to be placed at say, hip-level as you don't operate them with your junk.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.