Re: Official Posty Blood Playthrough

Post by Ella » Aug 31st, 2011, 17:53

Because he gets to watch the demos?

Six
New user

Post by Six » Sep 1st, 2011, 16:48

I chose the 3rd option.

It builds a better atmosphere and doesn't interfere with the ambience because its kept at a suitable level. Not ear busting, and not so quiet you can't make it out.

These are great videos! Incredibly skilled movements and actions, far beyond my capability. I can only manage Well Done :lol:

I look forward to the following videos.

VGAce
Still Kicking

Post by VGAce » Sep 4th, 2011, 01:06

damn beautyful avatar six who is that ?

Six
New user

Post by Six » Sep 6th, 2011, 13:06

Perhaps not the most appropriate place to ask, but i believe her name is Ailee Webb. Someone from DeviantArt.

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Oct 5th, 2011, 09:57

Moar Blood videos!

Forget the midi, if it helps to get the movies faster :D

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Oct 5th, 2011, 16:32

It does not, there's still the same amount of steps involved.

The problem is that the video has to be rendered two times, each taking over 45mins minimum.

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Oct 5th, 2011, 21:37

Daedolon wrote:The problem is that the video has to be rendered two times, each taking over 45mins minimum.
45 minutes will pass, twice and more, whether the work is done or not. At the end of the day all those moments will be gone. You could have used that time to create something that will last a lifetime. The efforts would be repaid in the joy it brings to others. The efforts would encourage further growth as well. People will find your efforts and be drawn to a great game, and then seek out others with a similar interest here at this site. Or you can let those minutes pass by and do nothing. The passage of time is irrelevant and your reply is not logical.

But I would like to try to use that explanation on my boss sometime though. I could say that the paperwork wasn't completed because it would take 45 minutes to do, and another 45 minutes to file. I'm sure my boss would agree that due to the passage of time, the effort of completion is simply not a possibility at this time. Of course there's always tomorrow....

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Post by wangho » Oct 6th, 2011, 05:29

Here here.. and just think of all the time you have to put in to create a whole map from scratch with Mapedit. Nothing good and worth having ever just magically appeared from thin air.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Apr 7th, 2012, 04:27

After pondering for about 45 minutes, I've decided we shall continue on our journey through the extra crispy experience, Blood, through the eyes of Matt.

Join us as we continue our scheduled program, and see Caleb take on the horrors that await him in the first secret level of the game; House of Horrors.

Remember to tune in next friday when we continue on to the Hallowed Grounds.

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Apr 7th, 2012, 05:12

This promises to be fun. :D

If I watch it 3 times it'll take 45 minutes...

You've brought joy to the lurkers and made the world a better place, J.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Apr 7th, 2012, 05:14

Cheers.

I have stuff set up so I'll post the next video on every friday, there's not a specific time for it, but I'll post here so you won't miss them.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Apr 7th, 2012, 18:06

Daedolon wrote:After pondering for about 45 minutes, I've decided we shall continue on our journey through the extra crispy experience, Blood, through the eyes of Matt.
Was it conflicting with your goal of becoming grand master of all time? :o

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Apr 10th, 2012, 12:11

Excellent, Jarmo! As usual watching this at work gives me a warm, tingly feeling!

I guess it's kind of weird to comment on oneself, but oh well. The thing is about six years old or something.

House of Horrors doesn't offer a lot of room for flair, hence the pace of this video may be a little clunkier than some, but it's certainly got a few choice moments. The shotgun to the face off the first cultist is bad. The depletion of tommy gun ammo in the corridor of doom just on the last fanatic is great! The escaped fanatic towards the end of the passage of doom is fun as well. Also, the lowering of the boxes of the secret guns akimbo to get an angle of attack without actually taking the akimbo's pretty funny. Also amusing is my diligent pitchforking of the wood sprite when one exits the dumpster area - only to be shot. I guess I couldn't resist.

Still, it's funny to observe my older play. There are a few clumsy elements which could be improved - I've also advanced my strategy in some sections of this map.

Anyway, good replay, but it's time we move on to the real maps! :twisted:
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Apr 14th, 2012, 19:42

Apparently it's not Friday today, either way, here's the new video: