Official Posty Blood Playthrough

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Official Posty Blood Playthrough

Post by Daedolon » Aug 15th, 2011, 15:13

We'll be uploading videos of each official Blood map being played on Extra Crispy to YouTube. Not sure if there's much else I should explain here, so here's the first one.

One thing though, since DOSBox does not allow for recording MIDI music into videos, what do you think we should do? Please answer the poll and we'll see what we shall do.

The full playlist of videos can be easily found under this link:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2FACD14821E3FC62

Ella
Restraint Resistant

Re: Official Posty Blood Playthrough

Post by Ella » Aug 15th, 2011, 16:40

Matt, do you have something against ornaments and limbs?

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Aug 15th, 2011, 16:56

Didn't lure all zombies to see the show. -1 point.
Killed innocent rats. -1 point.

Eight severed hands out of ten.
Ella wrote:Matt, do you have something against ornaments and limbs?
Mmmm I see the Blood leg was sure to taunt him.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Aug 15th, 2011, 19:17

Within each object is a potential explosion of colour and sound! It's not that I don't like them, on the contrary - I like them too much! (:
NAto wrote:Killed innocent rats. -1 point.
Innocent? You know those things would probably tear your face off if given the chance, otherwise they'd settle for just gnawing your toes.

I would've destroyed more, but I needed to keep things functional and reasonably swift. Killing the guy above the door is quite fun, but that sometimes takes a bit of time and I don't want to risk the quality of this spectacle with too much derivative activity.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

VGAce
Still Kicking

Post by VGAce » Aug 15th, 2011, 19:30

please find all secrets youre missing the napalm launcher
do you play all levels no damage?

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Aug 15th, 2011, 19:34

??? I count 12 secrets.

VGAce
Still Kicking

Post by VGAce » Aug 15th, 2011, 19:42

for the music cant you just add it afterwards?
dont know much about recording but sometimes i do with fraps and there the music is recorded

the napalm launcher is a super secret you can get on the last outside area with level end switch
jump on the wall opposite of the hole that leads to this area using cultist head to get the napalm launcher hidden in wall

VGAce
Still Kicking

Post by VGAce » Aug 15th, 2011, 19:46

oh i see you got it added i watched an earlier version or just overlooke it i think
please dont kill yourself at the end of map show monster and secret count

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Aug 15th, 2011, 20:11

I say we leave the game without music. I've never turned off a Youtube game vid just because it had no music, but I do find myself muting the music all the time for the ones that do have them. ("Damn it, I just wanted to watch {my favorite game} here, why would I want to listen to {somebody else's crappy taste in music}?")

Blood's an atmospheric enough game that you don't need to artificially increase the intensity through music. Plus, most people will be watching it to see the game, or to pick up hints about secrets and levels. So it'll be all right with just the ambient background noise and the clear sound effects.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

VGAce
Still Kicking

Post by VGAce » Aug 15th, 2011, 20:32

i really miss music when i play usermaps without a track set
using midiyoke to pass dosbox midi to timidity++ software synthesizer with soundfont/instruments loaded makes great sounding midi music and i get all the variety

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Aug 15th, 2011, 21:07

Maybe we should have a poll of which type of music we prefer. :lol:

I personally love all of the Blood tracks, but I'll agree with Panoptic that the videos are probably better without any music. I destroy everything in every level as well, and those rats may look innocent NAto, but I know for a fact that they're always guilty of something or other. They're nothing but hooligans I tell ya.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Aug 15th, 2011, 21:23

Put me down on the "kill all rats, gib all body parts" list too.

By the way, I forgot to say this, but that runthrough is pretty amazing. I've played Blood since it came out but I was surprised by how much I learned by watching that vid.

Also, your pitchfork skills are fearsome.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Aug 15th, 2011, 21:49

Thank you kindly, I'm a proud Dreaming God. Hopefully subsequent videos will provide insight as well.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Aug 16th, 2011, 03:18

And we have music! I just might, perhaps, do both versions.

Let us know what you think, if you have changed your views, by updating the poll results.

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Aug 16th, 2011, 10:45

Daedalus wrote:
NAto wrote:Killed innocent rats. -1 point.
Innocent? You know those things would probably tear your face off if given the chance, otherwise they'd settle for just gnawing your toes.
What if Remmie was one of the rats you dynamited in the chapel? :(

I'm even more pro-midi now that I've seen the new video :D