Random quirks in Blood

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Krypto
Well Done

Re: Random quirks in Blood

Post by Krypto » Jul 10th, 2015, 17:11

I need to ask a few crucial questions for speedrunnng:

1) Do Bats and Innocents count towards the kill count?

2) Do spiders spawned from Shial increase the max kill count?

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jul 13th, 2015, 20:47

A reasonably impure motive, but no, bats do not attribute to such things and neither do innocents. Shial's children increased the kill count once upon a time, but thankfully this was adjusted in later years.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Jul 13th, 2015, 23:03

How is it impure when the motive is for a 100% kill/secret on Extra crispy for each episode :<

Thank you Dreaming One for bringing dark knowledge to resolve my query.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jul 15th, 2015, 10:05

Ah, understood. I see then that you wish to apply speed to doing everything appropriately. I thought you might've meant a disgraceful key and exploit rush.

Playing very fast can be exhilarating and challenging. Be sure to take a moment to inhale the stale interior air of The Haunting between episodes.

Note also that the super secret of Phantom Express will adjust the kill count incorrectly and break it, but this is unavoidable.

Go forth!
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Jul 18th, 2015, 18:01

Would It be possible to compile a shortlist of every instance where max kills and secrets can't be obtained if it isn't already stated in the Posty walk through and secret guide?

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jul 19th, 2015, 03:29

Posty is lacking resources detailing the correct maximum kill count for each map due to the various difficulty levels. This is a small hole in our information web here and though I dream, sadly I do not know the correct values for each map on all difficulty levels by heart.

Posty does however list the correct secret count for each map perfectly. Retail Blood is generally very accurate with its secret counts, but not always.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Aug 18th, 2015, 08:25

I'll add that to the invisible TO-DO.

I'll also add to the invisible TO-DO to make the TO-DO not invisible.

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Aug 27th, 2015, 22:24

This was probably brought up in the past, but has anyone investigated the mysterious gill beast die-off that happens if one jumps in and out of the water in the first E2M9 cavern (the one opened via plunger detonator)?
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Sep 10th, 2015, 12:44

What causes that cool item glitch wheir you exit a level then your Boots of Jumping gets reset back to 100 after you use it for example?

Snehk
New user

Post by Snehk » Sep 10th, 2015, 19:27

Maybe it's a bug from older versions or something devs tried to implement hastily?

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Sep 30th, 2015, 03:02

The E4M2 stone gargoyle does not awaken if the life seed secret is collected.
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Oct 2nd, 2015, 18:13

Blood v1.0, E3M1, jump out of the building, land as far as you can into the hom, turn around, you're still alive, but there's no escaping that prison.
Attachments
jump.png
jump.png (14.48 KiB) Viewed 1926 times

axl_rose
New user

Post by axl_rose » Oct 16th, 2015, 22:39

Is it me, or is Blood a lot more buggy than the 2 other main build games?

I mean, I love Blood, I love the atmosphere, I adore the levels, but just looking at the different build games, it seems the other 2 (Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior) have less real obvious bugs...

Was Blood more made in a hurry? I also get this feeling when playing the Fourth episode...

Anyone?

ssjlance
New user

Post by ssjlance » Oct 17th, 2015, 03:51

Noticed a new one today. Used BUNZ cheat while testing out the mousewheel in DOSBox, and the Tommy Gun doesn't have a custom Akimbo switch animation.

For example, when you switch to the Tommy Gun with Guns Akimbo, you see him pulling out two guns. Switch away, and it only shows one being put away. No other weapons seem to have this issue.

Snehk
New user

Post by Snehk » Oct 17th, 2015, 14:49

Sometimes they are losing monster flag, keeping their sprite and collisions. Makes a nice statue.