Random quirks in Blood

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Suture
Doin' Thangs

Re: Random quirks in Blood

Post by Suture » Aug 17th, 2011, 02:41

I also believe the one who dies by fire doesn't leave a body. He kinda like falls through the floor...
Dimebog wrote:Start fearing my dick and stop spamming.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Apr 6th, 2015, 21:58

I'm bumping this thread because I can't find a suitable alternative for my question other than opening up new ones for a minor inquiry.

1) Was the Medicine pouch added from the Cryptic Passage expansion or was it always present in the original game data from v1.0 but not used in game similar to the unused Asbestos Armor item which can be seen on certain user maps?

2) I was looking through this Blood Resource archive http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=36453 and noticed it contains unused Tchernobog pain sounds (TBPAIN1-7) were these left out of the game perhaps due to it being unsatisfactory to see such an imposing antagonist cry out in pain?

3) The Voodoo Doll does not deplete ammo when used against Cerberus or Tchernobog, how does this work?

HenitoKisou
New user

Post by HenitoKisou » Apr 7th, 2015, 02:54

The thing with Cerberus and Tchernobogs is because they are both spiritual/burning type enemies and pouch of health... I remember that was once part of original game but cut from retail levels like the shrooms and shadows cape.

Snehk
New user

Post by Snehk » Apr 10th, 2015, 16:16

Are there always two fire keys in The Haunting?
Spoiler: show

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Apr 10th, 2015, 16:54

Good question :3

Since the Bloated Butcher carries the Fire key he can be vulnerable to the 'two item glitch' where you kill an enemy sort of mid air and land on their corpse twice so they end up dropping two items, it's common with Cultists and Zombies who drop two Life Essences as a result :D

Snehk
New user

Post by Snehk » Apr 10th, 2015, 18:18

Good to know. Hope it works with enemies carrying life seeds :twisted:

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Apr 10th, 2015, 18:33

You could test this with the Gargoyle at the start of 'The Haunting' which carries a Life Seed but I don't think it would work as they are always in air, so they can't land on the corpse twice. Maybe if a Life Seed was assigned to a ground based enemy using Mapedit.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Apr 14th, 2015, 13:30

It's that time of year again..

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Apr 15th, 2015, 22:27

Stacked Sectors! :D

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » May 7th, 2015, 22:22

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » May 21st, 2015, 00:08

Sweet mother of god this is the craziest shit I've seen to date! How is this possible..

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » May 21st, 2015, 01:18

An old art oddity. You'll find them in a handful of places in fact.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » May 21st, 2015, 10:37

My favourite quirk by far are The Paper Cultists of The Overlooked Hotel :D This occurs due to placing the sprites on the walls correct?

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » May 21st, 2015, 10:59

Yes, precisely. My memory's a bit rusty and needs to be purified on that matter, but I remember it having to do with those being a hasty job of copy pasting. It's bizarre that those made it into retail when it would take all of twenty seconds to correct them, but then a lot of Blood's beauty lies in the quirks.

Random thought off the top of my head since you're going through the grand 1.0... can you safely access the jumping boots secret in The Siege on extra crispy without the game crashing? :lol:
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » May 21st, 2015, 18:38

Yes.