Reviews of the Sin campaign and download it here.

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Krypto
Well Done

Re: Reviews of the Sin campaign and download it here.

Post by Krypto » Apr 7th, 2015, 13:09

Congratulations to me on my 1600 post! Here's hoping to a continual, happy blood splattered future.

Words fail me at this Mapedit mastery.

Ok the only huge flaw gameplay wise is the Cultist squadron by the Tchernobog statue, they are triggered to wake up when you approach from the stairway but you have no cover to take them on safely, jumping back outside isn't a viable option either as you'll be blown away and even if you hug a pillar you can't get the Cultists to drop out reliably, you just have to stand there and take it like a bitch.

I've also been experimenting with encoding methods and now I seem to have found a solid solution for preventing that awkward color loss/brightness tint for future videos.

HenitoKisou
New user

Post by HenitoKisou » Apr 8th, 2015, 02:16

Krypto wrote:
L3GEND wrote:Nice gameplay , I played on Well Done... Extra Crispy will be completely impossible on Sinc04.
Thank you it's good to hear this was appreciated by fellow Bloodites! I can't wait to prove you wrong! :D

@Henito: It sounds like your hallucinating or you need to reinstall your copy :lol:
Nope, that 3 boss enemies type will happen all the time with all possible mods or classic game that uses more on map spawned at once, on Extra Crispy, no matter how much I re-install the game, not sure why because game files are unaltered and original. Never seen 4 Priests or Stone Gargoyles in original game.

PS. Also while we talking about Priests, I know BB Monolith offices map supposed to have bloated butcher, but actually my game has Beast here. :shock: Looks like there is where that missing Beast escaped from single player content. :lol:

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Apr 8th, 2015, 02:21

What maps are you referring to in the first place?

E1M8 has two Stone Gargoyles on Extra Crispy.
E2M8 has two Shials on Extra Crispy.
E3M8 has one Cerberus regardless of difficulty.
E4M8 has one of each respective boss regardless of difficulty.
E6M8 has four three priests on Well Done and four on Extra Crispy and less for lower difficulties.

Usermaps have as many as the author specified.

Also you are correct the Monolith Office has a Beast if you toggle on monsters, just like Fun with Heads has a lone Zombie.
Last edited by Krypto on Apr 9th, 2015, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.

L3GEND
Still Kicking

Post by L3GEND » Apr 9th, 2015, 01:11

You should play Old Friend v2.6,
which is probably the hardest blood addon ever made. I died on Still Kicking hundreds of times.
This would be a challenge Krypto, maybe you want to try and record it? :D

challenging against 50 beasts at once...... :twisted:

https://bloodline.eu -regularly posted news, regularly new things
https://archive.bloodline.eu - the biggest blood bank ever made, over 2700 bloody files, from week to week more.
support our work and register !

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Apr 9th, 2015, 01:27

I heard those Russian addons are astronomically bad according to Daedalus.

L3GEND
Still Kicking

Post by L3GEND » Apr 9th, 2015, 01:50

Of course they are not comparable to Daedalus ultra mapping skill, but they can be funny :)

I still waiting for the second RATM episode :D

https://archive.bloodline.eu - the biggest blood bank ever made, over 2700 bloody files, from week to week more.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Apr 9th, 2015, 01:58

No I meant the gameplay is so atrocious it will actually make you dislike Blood.. I experienced that with Blood Chronicles, anyone who thinks that was average/good is a heretic with 666th degree eye cancer.

Also RATM was cancelled in 2008 at least officially that is..

HenitoKisou
New user

Post by HenitoKisou » Apr 9th, 2015, 02:45

Krypto wrote:What maps are you referring to in the first place?
E6M8 has four priests on Well Done and Extra Crispy and less for lower difficulties.

Usermaps have as many as the author specified.
E6M8 has only three priests on Well Done and Extra Crispy in my game and none of usermaps can spawn more than three priests, shials or stone gargoyles, not sure why it behaves that way since it's vanilla untouched game (1.21 OUWB) and usermaps didn't affect the game either in that manner.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Apr 9th, 2015, 12:01

I double checked it's actually 3 Priests on Well done, then 4 respectively for Extra Crispy :roll:

Here we are at the grand finale at last, also updated the description to include Bloodline as a second download link :D

L3GEND
Still Kicking

Post by L3GEND » Apr 11th, 2015, 20:27

updated the description to include Bloodline as a second download link :D
thank you :)

The gameplay is really great, it would be perfect with audio comments :D
I thought the infinite ammunition for the voodoo doll was a bug, but apparently this is intentional.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Apr 18th, 2015, 00:26

SIN is now the most popular viewed and downloaded addon on the Bloodline xD

https://bloodline.eu/downloads-show-41

Nemo
New user

Post by Nemo » Oct 28th, 2015, 05:29

Daedalus:

I'm hoping you might do me the honor of reviewing a slightly revised version of Sin Campaign's SinC02.map I posted as an example map at blood.freeminded. I discovered a technique a while ago that fixes many complex mechanisms and effects that otherwise break down over time, and applied it your opening lightning storm in Sinc02. The results were quite remarkable: those formerly fragmenting storm effects became fully coordinated, as you had clearly wanted them to be, judging by your coding.

The map and documentation can be found at "Example Maps: The Key to Complex Mechanisms - LINK"
( http://www.blood.freeminded.de/index.ph ... uff&id=524 ).

The base map I used was your 2006 revision (referred to as "SinC02b"), which exhibited more conspicuous degradation over time than the original, 2004, version. I also did some minor cosmetic touch-up in the storm area, which you may or may not like. But it's the restored consistency of the *effects* that's the real "show stopper" there.

Naturally the "SinC02c" map (my revision), or any part of it, is yours to make use of as you wish. After all, it's YOUR map; I'm just the "hacker"! :wink:

Nemo
New user

Post by Nemo » Jan 28th, 2016, 12:02

And speaking of Blood (ahem) ... :twisted:

Daedalus: Have you taken the opportunity yet to look over the above revision?

I think you'll be quite pleasantly surprised. But then, you have to actually check it out to see.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 29th, 2016, 09:51

Greetings,

I still have yet to take a look, but I am interested in doing so. The world beyond this one has stolen my dark energies of late and I have not been afforded nearly as much time to dedicate to this magnificent title as I would like. Rest assured, I am clawing my way back and will return with thunderous sound when time permits it.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 25th, 2016, 18:59

Greetings Nemo,

I finally found the time to investigate this matter. The breaking of repeated triggers such as these have long been a thorn in my side and the problem is prevalent amongst retail maps as well where it occurs. The link command is certainly more "trustworthy" and stable for affairs such as these. I had not considered using it as a means of transmission in this fashion, and it seems to certainly be a more dependable method.

My extension of thanks for your investigation and insight. When next I turn the wheel of the universe, it is guaranteed to be in perfect unison.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand