DEATH WISH • New Bloatoid Add-On

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Bloatoid
Pink on the Inside

DEATH WISH • New Bloatoid Add-On

Post by Bloatoid » Nov 21st, 2010, 00:51

I mentioned this a little while ago, and now I think it's far enough along to show what progress has been made!

http://bloatoid.blogspot.com/

Two screenshots are available for each of the levels completed so far along with descriptions. Secret levels are listed at the bottom of each page so if you don't want to spoil it don't scroll past where it says *** Secret Level ***

Ella
Restraint Resistant

Re: DEATH WISH • New Bloatoid Add-On

Post by Ella » Nov 21st, 2010, 01:53

Nice stuff!

Episode 2 has quite a bizarre line up, but even so the experimentation involved looks to be really promising. I quite liked what you've done overall, i'll be keeping a keen eye out on the progress that's for sure.

Jerry
Still Kicking

Post by Jerry » Nov 21st, 2010, 13:17

Amazing, especially the idea with space ships. Some maps are (IMHO) referring to famous films: Silent Hill or The Thing. Cool! How long took you to create all that maps?
I want Jo-Jo! I want Jo-Jo! Jo-Jo! JO-JOOOO!

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Nov 21st, 2010, 13:34

Screenshots are looking good dude ! Good job !
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Bloatoid
Pink on the Inside

Post by Bloatoid » Nov 21st, 2010, 14:26

Been working on this on and off since January.

Right now it looks like the site got hacked again -_- Don't download any plugins.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Nov 21st, 2010, 14:40

Ah that would explain the obnoxious warning preventing normal viewing. Who do those bastards think they are, I'll decide whether I deem a site to be safe or riddled with cryptic pitfalls.

An interesting saga you have here Bloatoid, I find a number of screamshots to have a Lovecraftian surreal feeling to them. Although perhaps lacking in attention to lighting and detail I feel, as a number of them appear rather bright and quite anomalously given the macabre, morbid universe of Blood. Subjective opinion, but where Blood is concerned it is like a glass of wine, both the aesthetics and the gameplay combine in unison to deliver an exceptionally seductive experience.

Ella
Restraint Resistant

Post by Ella » Nov 21st, 2010, 14:56

I think the lightening issue may be due to the gamma being set rather high. It's the same scenario with the Alone in the Dark Add-on, except all the shots displayed in the thread had their gamma set to max, which made it look butt ugly.

Also, shame about the hack. Here's hoping it's attended.

Bloatoid
Pink on the Inside

Post by Bloatoid » Nov 21st, 2010, 15:49

I bumped the light level on the screenshots so you could see the details more easily. Actual gameplay is not that vivid.

Snake Plissken
Pink on the Inside

Post by Snake Plissken » Nov 21st, 2010, 16:01

Firefox tells me that your site has some malware, have you got some problems with viruses and such?
However, it's GREAT to see more life breathed in the blood modding community! :D

Bloatoid
Pink on the Inside

Post by Bloatoid » Nov 21st, 2010, 16:10

Problem fixed, although I don't know how long it will be listed as an attack page now :(

Might have to move it somewhere else.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Nov 21st, 2010, 16:15

Ah thank you Ella I completely bypassed a deliberately high lighting setting to enhance the faculty of sight.

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Nov 21st, 2010, 17:25

Bloatoid wrote:Been working on this on and off since January.

Right now it looks like the site got hacked again -_- Don't download any plugins.
Ah, I was wondering about that. Java started on its own, but my antivirus caught it.
Glad to hear it's fixed though.
Achievement Unlocked: <3*
(Since returned to Daedalus.)
Achievement Unlocked: Kickass Chaos Avatar by Ella.

Achievement Unlocked: Best Insult Ever

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Nov 21st, 2010, 19:11

Blood is unforgiving when it comes to simple screenshots. She must be played - she must be felt in order to derive the true essence from the product. Your visuals exhibit a creative, alternate style which I could never hope to emulate, Bloatoid. I very much look forward to your campaign when it's all wrapped in ribbons.

Darkness, a good drink and a fresh, quality Blood campaign. What more could I ask for?
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Nov 21st, 2010, 19:46

I see amazing creativity in these levels of fresh Blood. I like the themes and settings in the screamshots, especially the direction you took in episode 2. You really impressed me with the innovative industrial and underwater lab levels in your Hostile Takeover campaign, now we shall see what happens when Blood is taken to spaceships 8)

The screamshots alone demonstrate what varied atmosphere and level design we can look forward to. Some of these (as Jerry had previously mentioned) show reference to films. The Arctic facility caught my attention - what can we expect? A freshly thawed threat to humanity akin to The Thing and similar movies?
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Nov 22nd, 2010, 02:01

Re malware - My browser warned that the site was infected and linked to 2 external suspicious domains. After visiting the site, java began appearing before a fake anti-virus program started to spam messages of infection and other nonsense and blocking everything. I rebooted in safe mode and destroyed every trace of the rogue program.

It looks like the site is infected again. Earlier today I was able to go on it with no problem, then it began showing warnings again.
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc