Blood and Blood II out now on GOG.com for $5.99

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Re: One Unit Whole Blood out now on GOG.com for $5.99

Post by Daedolon » Apr 25th, 2010, 16:12

C2G will not support original maps taken from a Blood installation, they will require conversion and manual work, but we will include everything needed for this.

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Apr 26th, 2010, 05:13

This really elevated Blood's presence among the internet, so many returning and new players...
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Sir Seizhak
Pink on the Inside

Post by Sir Seizhak » Apr 28th, 2010, 15:18

MoonStalkeR wrote:This really elevated Blood's presence among the internet, so many returning and new players...
I agree. I remember that when I was 8-10 there were a few players and the community was small.
Cabal's Return Add-On. Wait for it.

BloodHispano. The best Spanish Blood website!

Ransu
New user

Post by Ransu » Apr 28th, 2010, 20:31

I used to get a pirated version of Blood until recently because of the damn high prices people sold it for on eBay, Amazon, etc. I'm glad to finally buy it even if it's a download and not on disc. :D

Blodskur
New user

Re: Blood and Blood II out now on GOG.com for $5.99

Post by Blodskur » Apr 29th, 2010, 13:46

Blood II: The Chosen is also on GOG now, for $5.99.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Apr 29th, 2010, 17:52

Thanks for the heads-up.

Reconite
Still Kicking

Post by Reconite » Apr 29th, 2010, 18:46

^ Great news.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Reconite11

Skulldog
Still Kicking

Post by Skulldog » Apr 29th, 2010, 19:15

Yes, Now it can be installed on Vista 64- bit. :guitar:

ZedSlayer
New user

Post by ZedSlayer » Apr 30th, 2010, 00:10

Great, I was just thinking that they need Blood 2 if they got Blood 1 and Shogo

Tecman
New user

Post by Tecman » Apr 30th, 2010, 01:07

So, an update. I'm not sure what good it will do posting this HERE since why preach to the choir (you guys probably have all of this already), but in an effort to:

1) make a loader that I can link to in Steam and RocketDock
2) add as much content to the loader as possible in terms of maps and mods so I can easily access content
3) (after people on Something Awful expressed interest in it) distribute it in an easy format that essentially upgrades the gog.com (or any OWUB copy, but works best on the gog.com version because of their virtual cd system that houses the cutscenes) copy for people new to Blood into a collection of a helluvalot Blood (pre-configured to modern control schemes, WSAD, e opens, space jumps, mouseclicks are fire and alt-fire)...

I essentially made this: http://blood.nanoaugur.net/

Doesn't come with the multiplayer functionality that Skulldog's also excellent launcher (I included it under /Tools, I hope you don't mind dude, your readme said to spread it, so I am :D ) has since I'm relying on Yang for that, and the gog.com host/join links for local network games.

Skulldog
Still Kicking

Post by Skulldog » Apr 30th, 2010, 05:47

Tecman wrote:So, an update. I'm not sure what good it will do posting this HERE since why preach to the choir (you guys probably have all of this already), but in an effort to:

1) make a loader that I can link to in Steam and RocketDock
2) add as much content to the loader as possible in terms of maps and mods so I can easily access content
3) (after people on Something Awful expressed interest in it) distribute it in an easy format that essentially upgrades the gog.com (or any OWUB copy, but works best on the gog.com version because of their virtual cd system that houses the cutscenes) copy for people new to Blood into a collection of a helluvalot Blood (pre-configured to modern control schemes, WSAD, e opens, space jumps, mouseclicks are fire and alt-fire)...

I essentially made this: http://blood.nanoaugur.net/

Doesn't come with the multiplayer functionality that Skulldog's also excellent launcher (I included it under /Tools, I hope you don't mind dude, your readme said to spread it, so I am :D ) has since I'm relying on Yang for that, and the gog.com host/join links for local network games.

Very, Very Good! I like this Launcher. Yang is the best way to go since it can Host a game over the internet.
I started my launcher back when i saw that Yang or the old windows 95 launchers no longer worked.
I had made a request with NY00123 to add Blood and Redneck Rampage to Yang, and about the same
time I released my first version of my launcher, he pop in on a game of Shadow Warrior I was hosting
on Yang, and told me he added Blood. Now we have a Complete Collection Launcher. :guitar:

Tecman
New user

Post by Tecman » Apr 30th, 2010, 11:12

Well, located (and temporarily squashed) the first reported bug. I say temporarily because this is pretty much a hack, and I need to rewrite some portions of the code so this doesn't happen ever again.

http://www.nanoaugur.net/blood/One_Unit ... _0.9.4.rar

edit: Patch / Update time again, this time it:
Updates zBlood: http://www.nanoaugur.net/blood/One_Unit ... _0.9.5.rar
Fixes the Bloodlines mod: http://www.nanoaugur.net/blood/One_Unit ... _0.9.6.rar

Please note that if you're installing this package (the original 0.9.3 version) and are just getting started, you need all three patches - 0.9.4 updates the launcher, while 0.9.5 updates zBlood and 0.9.6 fixes the Bloodlines mod's textures, and the newer patches do not contain the updated launcher from the first patch! I'll probably release another packaged version with all the updates so it doesn't confuse new people soon-ish after some more fixes are applied.

Snake Plissken
Pink on the Inside

Post by Snake Plissken » May 2nd, 2010, 12:49

A question. Have you taken the maps/mods from the Jarlaxe's pack?
If so, the pack isn't still 100% complete...

Ella
Restraint Resistant

Post by Ella » May 5th, 2010, 02:17

Dosbox... I detest it.

This wouldn't be so bad if i had the room for an older machine, but nope.

Anyway, this is good news considering i don't actually have OUWB, so it'll make everything easier having the whole package rather than the first at hand. Of course i wont be able to play it for more than one reason, but y'know, whatever.

ilikemyhandsbloody
Lightly Broiled

Post by ilikemyhandsbloody » May 5th, 2010, 02:43

Ella wrote:Dosbox... I detest it.
Why is that?
i don't actually have OUWB
You mean not on the silver disc I assume?
http://www.youtube.com/bloodmapedit