Blood and Blood II out now on GOG.com for $5.99

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Re: One Unit Whole Blood out now on GOG.com for $5.99

Post by Daedalus » Apr 23rd, 2010, 04:28

Hi Andyo, welcome aboard.

Is your Blood detecting your mouse at all?
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Tecman
New user

Post by Tecman » Apr 23rd, 2010, 08:28

Hey guys, bought the game today (had a non-OUHB install earlier), and I was configuring the new install to handle all the mods I've picked up over the years, when I started thinking that I'd like to have one central way of launching everything Blood related, as the number of links was going over 30 and I'm a huge Steam user (this would let me link only one executable) and I use rocketDock, so...
I'm working on this:
Sorry for the bad image quality, had to downsite it a bit. Here is how it looks like - http://www.shrani.si/f/2l/ia/3QIlA5WY/launcher.png.

Now, later I was thinking of making a version without the View Mods... page and completely compatible with a vanilla install of the GOG.com version (providing of course you installed DOSBox with the game and did not link your own from god knows where). Would you guys want this? :)

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Apr 23rd, 2010, 14:07

It seems fine as an idea, you might also consider adding the multiplay and setup links to it.

My biggest problem is that it's cluttered with unnecessary logos, such as the ERSB logo which should only be there during the purchase, when you're playing the game the age restriction should be obvious. Also WB Games does not have anything to do with Blood, Atari still owns it, but the parent company owning Atari is called Warner Time (which just also happens to own WB Games). GT Interactive doesn't exist any longer since it was bought off by Infogrames and merged to Atari. If they would release something like this it would be very likely it would only have the Monolith and the Atari logos on it.

With your current resources, I would probably do something similar to this:

Notice that "Blood with Plasma" is the correct name for the main game with Plasma Pak, since "One Unit Whole Blood" refers to the compilation that has BOTH the Plasma Pak and Cryptic Passage within, so it makes little sense to use it on the Blood cover. I would probably go as far as to add a little Plasma Pak box right next to the Blood box.

But enough of the hopefully-constructive criticism, I bid you a warm welcome to the forums! I hope your stay here is long and fruitful.

Skulldog
Still Kicking

Post by Skulldog » Apr 23rd, 2010, 20:41

andyo14 wrote:Hey, I'm a first time poster.

I just bought the game on GOG, but I can't seem to get mouse aim to work. I've been through all the posts on this forums but none of the answers worked for me. I saw mention of a program called bMouse, but the link for it wasn't working.

Does anyone have any idea how to get mouse aim to work? I've been waiting to play this game all day and now I'm so close yet so far!

Thanks in advance

Press the letter U while ingame.

Skulldog
Still Kicking

Post by Skulldog » Apr 24th, 2010, 00:49

I updated my Blood Dosbox Launcher to work with Gog.com version of OUWB really long install path.
Try it, or else :bat:
http://www.proasm.com/files/other/BloodLauncherV1.5.zip

ZedSlayer
New user

Post by ZedSlayer » Apr 24th, 2010, 04:00

Hey Daedalus, I saw how you aced that quiz to win a copy, very nice and very fast, I guess that's what happens when you have an almost obsessive love of something :D

Yhe1
Still Kicking

Post by Yhe1 » Apr 24th, 2010, 04:08

This will not affect C2G in anyway, correct?

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Apr 24th, 2010, 04:26

Almost obsessive? :wink:

Thanks. I'm just glad I could get it on the release date! Winning Blood for discussing Blood, what could be greater?

Why would C2G be affected by this, Yhe?
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Apr 24th, 2010, 04:45

Daedalus wrote:Why would C2G be affected by this, Yhe?
Maybe he misunderstands that C2G is a psudeo-source port like EDuke32/ZDoom for Blood (using the EDuke32 engine I think) where you can heavily modify the game without replacing art and other stuff...As I think it is (and I hope so).

Or maybe if the source code for Blood does eventually come out then I think C2G can be converted into just a source port for Blood like ZDoom and EDuke32....
Last edited by Blood of Nightmares on Apr 24th, 2010, 05:41, edited 1 time in total.

Tecman
New user

Post by Tecman » Apr 24th, 2010, 05:39

http://www.nanoaugur.net/blood/main.png
http://www.nanoaugur.net/blood/mods.png

I'd say my personal version is pretty much complete. It's doing what I've wanted, now I just need to test all the mod links.

Thanks for the input so far. I didn't change the layout itself since this is what I wanted, but I'm willing to shift things around quite a bit for a public version. :)

edit: the reason I stuck WB there is because of http://lith.com/Games/Blood - it's also where I picked up the 18+ graphic and kinda liked it. :P

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Apr 24th, 2010, 05:50

WB Games has a deal with other Lith games, just not Blood.

ZedSlayer
New user

Post by ZedSlayer » Apr 24th, 2010, 20:39

So is Atari also the publisher of Blood 2? Because I would love GOG to host that too.

Skulldog
Still Kicking

Post by Skulldog » Apr 24th, 2010, 21:27

Allerbmu wrote:So is Atari also the publisher of Blood 2? Because I would love GOG to host that too.
HMMMM
Good question. I would like to see it on GOG. They have Shogo which uses the same engine.

ZedSlayer
New user

Post by ZedSlayer » Apr 24th, 2010, 23:27

Yeah, I got Shogo too, thought my issues with it is the compatibility with graphics, speed, and mouse controls.

Yhe1
Still Kicking

Post by Yhe1 » Apr 25th, 2010, 02:11

Daedalus wrote:Almost
Why would C2G be affected by this, Yhe?
Just asking for a reassurance since Transfusion sorta died when Dosbox could run Blood. I am mainly asking about the converted retail levels.
Maybe he misunderstands that C2G is a psudeo-source port like EDuke32/ZDoom for Blood (using the EDuke32 engine I think) where you can heavily modify the game without replacing art and other stuff...As I think it is (and I hope so).
It's a Eduke32 TC with support for the original levels, kinda like Afadoomer's Wolfen TC or Doom 64 Absolution?

Correct me if I am wrong.