Blood and Blood II out now on GOG.com for $5.99

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Blodskur
New user

Blood and Blood II out now on GOG.com for $5.99

Post by Blodskur » Apr 20th, 2010, 15:12

Hey everyone, I'm a guy that's never played Blood, but have heard plenty about it in GOG IRC by a member on here who's no stranger to anyone; Daedolon! I thought I'd be the bearer of good news, because I'm excited to play it and I love to promote GOG's service.

Why should you use them? They bring back classics such as this for a new and old audiences, they sell games pre-configured, so no DOSBox setup or anything (though you're more than able to do all of that, since nothing's protected or covered with DRM), you almost always get extras to download with the game and they do it for a very reasonable price, too.

One Unit Whole Blood is where you can buy it from.

They've also added Blood II: The Chosen on there for $5.99, too.
Last edited by Blodskur on Apr 29th, 2010, 13:27, edited 3 times in total.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Re: One Unit Whole Blood on GOG.com this Thursday for $5.99

Post by Daedalus » Apr 20th, 2010, 15:22

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

How is this remotely legal?
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Blodskur
New user

Post by Blodskur » Apr 20th, 2010, 15:30

Daedalus wrote:Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

How is this remotely legal?
Why, my good man, Atari officially joined GOG today after announcing they'd signed a deal last month.

Reconite
Still Kicking

Post by Reconite » Apr 20th, 2010, 15:46

Wait... what... this will work on XP and Vista?

It seems the rights to Blood are still flying all over the place.

http://lith.com/games/blood
^ BLOOD™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/one_unit_whole_blood
^ Apparently Atari still owns Blood?

And if they have managed to make this compatible with XP and Vista, that means they still have the Source Code, right? Why the hell don't they release it?

I am really fucking confused.
Last edited by Reconite on Apr 20th, 2010, 15:57, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Reconite11

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Apr 20th, 2010, 15:47

It warms this one's heart to see Blood sold and promoted in this fashion, kind Sir. Good find, good find!

Now Bloodites, how can I help promote Blood on this Gog site. Any way to rate, review or spread the news further on it?
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Reconite
Still Kicking

Post by Reconite » Apr 20th, 2010, 15:58

Daedalus wrote:Now Bloodites, how can I help promote Blood on this Gog site. Any way to rate, review or spread the news further on it?
Um, I can't remember how the site works exactly. But I think when you buy and download it off GOG it gives you the option to rate/review the game you just bought.

You could just shove in "THIS IS THE BEST CLASSIC FPS EVER" and put 5 stars on it if you really wanted.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Reconite11

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Apr 20th, 2010, 16:30

If I was only a bit wealthier at this time, I'd buy a couple of hundred instances and thereby present a heightened commercial interest in Blood, but alas, it was not meant to be.
Reconite wrote:You could just shove in "THIS IS THE BEST CLASSIC FPS EVER" and put 5 stars on it if you really wanted.
I assure you, if it was to get a decent amount of exposure, I'd have a lot more to say than just that. Blood's greatness transcends the FPS label.

Blodskur
New user

Post by Blodskur » Apr 20th, 2010, 18:19

Reconite wrote:Wait... what... this will work on XP and Vista?
Yes, it will work on XP and Vista. This is because it's being run through DOSBox, so you'd be able to run it on all platforms that have DOSBox (Linux, Mac, ect) if you use the same settings. Anyway, it looks like Blood has been working on DOSBox fine for years now? That's another one of GOG's pluses; they make older games work on modern Windows operating systems. Obviously, this one would've been less work than the usual, but it's still handy to have it preconfigured.
Reconite wrote:And if they have managed to make this compatible with XP and Vista, that means they still have the Source Code, right?
No, it means they still have the DOS files.

Skulldog
Still Kicking

Post by Skulldog » Apr 20th, 2010, 21:20

:jawdrop: Just needs a good Port to run it Bob, or what ever that guys name is that has the source code.
It will look good on my gog.com game self.

dumbguy
New user

Post by dumbguy » Apr 21st, 2010, 00:16

Reconite wrote:Wait... what... this will work on XP and Vista?
No. It's emulated through DOSBox.

EDIT: Fixed quote
Last edited by dumbguy on Apr 21st, 2010, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/1337dumbguy< Steam Account :D Hit me up if you ever wanna play Blood on Yang or anything else.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Apr 21st, 2010, 00:56

I think you might've quoted the wrong guy.

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Apr 21st, 2010, 07:30

Just heard the news about this myself. This is fucking WILD! :guitar:

I'll be sure to thoroughly review it myself once I have the means to acquire it. And hopefully I can find a means of doing a playthrough for my channel too... *points to sig* It needs it!
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

Maligned
Still Kicking

Post by Maligned » Apr 21st, 2010, 10:47

Hopefully build a larger Bloodbath community for 1 on 1 games or 2 on 2 teamplay. :)
Life begins and ends with Nu...

YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/Aichmorhabdophobia

dumbguy
New user

Post by dumbguy » Apr 21st, 2010, 23:07

Drakan wrote:Just heard the news about this myself. This is fucking WILD! :guitar:

I'll be sure to thoroughly review it myself once I have the means to acquire it. And hopefully I can find a means of doing a playthrough for my channel too... *points to sig* It needs it!
(Mantax55 from YT) Yeah, maybe even a Co-op playthrough. Hell, why not make it a 4-player walkthrough.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/1337dumbguy< Steam Account :D Hit me up if you ever wanna play Blood on Yang or anything else.

ZedSlayer
New user

Post by ZedSlayer » Apr 22nd, 2010, 00:17

Once this is released tomorrow, I WILL BUY THIS! Blood needs all the money and support it can get if we want a source code or even a sequel. plus I've only been able to play "abandonware" versions