From the workshop of Kevin Kilstrom

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Corbin
The Heretic

Re: From the workshop of Kevin Kilstrom

Post by Corbin » Dec 10th, 2009, 11:12

Daedalus wrote:These are the original models created for Blood. From these (the Blood weapons, characters and monsters, obviously) the art for the game was taken.
Okay, thank you for clearing that up.

Yikes, what confusion... :bang:
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
-Thomas Jefferson

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Dec 10th, 2009, 11:31

We can always use more, Final Caleb. Try to bring in whatever you can.

Although they receive little love in the fanbase, I can't help but notice the lack of chysalids/pods and their tentacles, as well as the very glaring lack of innocents! I'd love to know for certain whether they're truly bald or just have very short hair. Now there's a Blood question that even my Dreaming vision can't ascertain the answer to.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Dec 10th, 2009, 16:18

Blood of Nightmare hacked Daedalus account !!!!
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Dec 10th, 2009, 16:36

Haha, rubbish. I don't ask esoteric questions concerning it, as I aim only for facts of faithful significance. Also, I was the original questioner who now has all the answers. Well, except on the hair issue. 8)
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Final Caleb
Pink on the Inside

Post by Final Caleb » Dec 10th, 2009, 17:51

Daedalus wrote:We can always use more, Final Caleb. Try to bring in whatever you can.

Although they receive little love in the fanbase, I can't help but notice the lack of chysalids/pods and their tentacles, as well as the very glaring lack of innocents! I'd love to know for certain whether they're truly bald or just have very short hair. Now there's a Blood question that even my Dreaming vision can't ascertain the answer to.
I ask Mr. Kilstrom... stay fresh.
It doesn't matter what kind of PC you have, if you can't play BLOOD on it...

BLOODTheChosenOne
Pink on the Inside

Post by BLOODTheChosenOne » Dec 11th, 2009, 23:00

Le Babe wrote:Blood of Nightmare hacked Daedalus account !!!!
lawl, good one...
Face it people, no one can re-create the unique feel of Blood, only the gods have such power...

Final Caleb
Pink on the Inside

Post by Final Caleb » Dec 18th, 2009, 17:18

What Kevin said about the crysalid pods and innocects: "The innocent bystander actually has short hair. I don't have any photos of the chrysalid pods because those were just clay. When we decided to make that creature it was a lot easier, faster, and cheaper to just shoot it as a clay model and paint over it using the computer. I did the same thing for the ghost. At the time it was a lot easier but sometimes I wish I had an actual model of those guys..."

BLOODTheChosenOne
Pink on the Inside

Post by BLOODTheChosenOne » Jan 20th, 2010, 05:33

Anything new?
Face it people, no one can re-create the unique feel of Blood, only the gods have such power...

Final Caleb
Pink on the Inside

Post by Final Caleb » Jan 20th, 2010, 23:15

Nope. Anyway if there will be I'll considering watermarking those or something...

That_one_guy
Still Kicking

Post by That_one_guy » Apr 17th, 2010, 07:49

Looking at the development for Blood was even better than seeing Doom's development on Romeros site.

Thanks for posting this. :)

dumbguy
New user

Post by dumbguy » Apr 21st, 2010, 04:18

As an artist, I'm very inspired!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/1337dumbguy< Steam Account :D Hit me up if you ever wanna play Blood on Yang or anything else.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Apr 21st, 2010, 10:25

What's your medium? I see you're also quite young, which is fantastic.

dumbguy
New user

Post by dumbguy » Apr 21st, 2010, 23:08

Daedalus wrote:What's your medium? I see you're also quite young, which is fantastic.
Yeah, kids my age would think I'm weird(which I am) for playing this. But I mainly do pencils and inks. And starting to use my tablet more often now.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/1337dumbguy< Steam Account :D Hit me up if you ever wanna play Blood on Yang or anything else.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Apr 21st, 2010, 23:17

It's good to get some young Blood here, as it's mostly just a bunch of us old bastards. We need more 'youth energy'.

Glad to have you aboard. Don't be shy to showcase some of your art a bit later. Creativity does the board good.

BLOODTheChosenOne
Pink on the Inside

Post by BLOODTheChosenOne » Apr 24th, 2010, 07:27

dumbguy wrote:
Daedalus wrote:What's your medium? I see you're also quite young, which is fantastic.
Yeah, kids my age would think I'm weird(which I am) for playing this. But I mainly do pencils and inks. And starting to use my tablet more often now.
I'm 15 and I don't think it's weird at all. [Perhaps because we're both weird lol.] My friend is also 15 and he plays Blood. I'm also an artist myself. You can check out some of my Blood sketches here. Feel free to upload some pictures.

http://forums.the-postmortem.com/viewto ... f=2&t=1246