The French part from INFUSCOMUS and DARK CARNIVAL

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Le Babe
Well Done

The French part from INFUSCOMUS and DARK CARNIVAL

Post by Le Babe » May 3rd, 2009, 21:08

I listened to the MIDI files and the tracks from the CD of Blood today, and I just figured out that in the CD version of Infuscomus (track 5 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svzMK33PMUk) there're children voices, and they actually sing in French ! Never realized it before, and I just thought I was having auditory hallucinations :D .

So, if you're curious about this I'm gonna translate what they say :

Those children are singing a really famous French nursery rhyme.

Here it comes :

Promenons nous dans les bois
pendant que le loup n'y est pas
si le loup y était
il nous mangerait

Which means :

Let's wander within the woods
while there's no wolf around
if a wolf was here
it would eat us

This is not the entire song but this is what you can hear in the Infuscomus track. This song is often used in French horror movies, but I did not expect to hear this in a Blood soundtrack :D .

EDIT : There's the same song at the beginning of the Dark Carnival track.
Last edited by Le Babe on May 5th, 2009, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » May 3rd, 2009, 21:59

Absurdly interesting. Could you please provide a sample from one of the French horrors? I'd love to hear the relation.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Hellen
Well Done

Post by Hellen » May 3rd, 2009, 22:07

Man, this is great! I always wanted to know what those children sing and in what language. And it turns out to be French. Good work, Babe! :D

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » May 3rd, 2009, 22:14

Daedalus wrote:Could you please provide a sample from one of the French horrors? I'd love to hear the relation.
Um, I don't really understand what you want exactly. You want me to give you the name of a film where we hear this ?

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » May 3rd, 2009, 22:18

Through the several times I played Blood with the CD Soundtrack, the voices of the children always caught my attention, very nice find :) It seems that even today Blood is with new discoveries.

On a side note, were the voices at the end of Unholy Voices supposed to mean anything?

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » May 3rd, 2009, 22:27

Le Babe wrote:Um, I don't really understand what you want exactly. You want me to give you the name of a film where we hear this ?
Certainly. Or provide us with a piece of the footage which might feature it.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » May 3rd, 2009, 23:31

I'll try to find the movie where it comes from but it will certinly be difficult. Gonna do some research because it's possible this is from Quebec or something.

Besides, I'm not sure it's from a movie.

Perhaps I can find a way to ask the guy who wrote the music for BLood haha.

If I find somehing you'll be informed right here.