New Monster/Enemies ideas

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
User avatar
Blood of Nightmares
Well Done
Posts: 1674
Joined: May 10th, 2005, 23:17
Location: The Accurate Hall of Epiphany

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Nov 18th, 2009, 23:26

Le Babe wrote:Hey, I was only joking you know...
Sorry about that if I got a little too oversensitive since I quite find sexist jokes a bit vulg...

oh wait...

Image

Oh damn...

AkumaOfDarkness
New user
Posts: 7
Joined: Nov 18th, 2009, 22:06

Post by AkumaOfDarkness » Nov 19th, 2009, 00:37

I think maybe some Cthulhu type enemies would be a good addition.

Image

User avatar
Dimebog
Troll of the Opera
Posts: 2165
Joined: Aug 6th, 2006, 15:48
Contact:

Post by Dimebog » Nov 19th, 2009, 02:35

AkumaOfDarkness wrote:Well most cults, especially apocalyptic ones want to have the most members possible.
Speculation.
AkumaOfDarkness wrote:Considering that most humans in the world are female,
Wrong. "Most" means "almost all", not "more than half". Not that it matters, just pointing out that you expressed yourself wrongly.
AkumaOfDarkness wrote:over half the world is female, it makes sense to try and convert female members.
That would be like saying: "Considering that more than half of the world is female, it makes sense for monasteries to try and convert female monks". (you know, because there are no female monks n'all that)
AkumaOfDarkness wrote:Thereby disqualifying your supposed argument.
My "supposed argument" was questioning the idea of putting Cabal and gender equality in the same context. You disqualified it by telling me that most humans are female.

Most humans are stupid.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

AkumaOfDarkness
New user
Posts: 7
Joined: Nov 18th, 2009, 22:06

Post by AkumaOfDarkness » Nov 19th, 2009, 02:47

Dimebog wrote:
AkumaOfDarkness wrote:Well most cults, especially apocalyptic ones want to have the most members possible.
Speculation.
AkumaOfDarkness wrote:Considering that most humans in the world are female,
Wrong. "Most" means "almost all", not "more than half". Not that it matters, just pointing out that you expressed yourself wrongly.
AkumaOfDarkness wrote:over half the world is female, it makes sense to try and convert female members.
That would be like saying: "Considering that more than half of the world is female, it makes sense for monasteries to try and convert female monks". (you know, because there are no female monks n'all that)
AkumaOfDarkness wrote:Thereby disqualifying your supposed argument.
My "supposed argument" was questioning the idea of putting Cabal and gender equality in the same context. You disqualified it by telling me that most humans are female.

Most humans are stupid.
I'm not interested in a flamewar with you. I disagree with you and your argument. If you don't want female enemies, good for you i guess. I'm seriously holding back because I'd rather not get banned after just joining but I won't be dialogueing with you anymore. I didn't come here for stupid flamewars, I came here for friends. K THNX BYE

Also, female monks are called nuns. And yes, over half the world's human population is female, get the fuck over it. And lastly, it is not speculation that cults want to convert everyone or as many as they can, it's fact. A cult is a group of believers, which applies to any and all religions.

P.S. Where is the 'ignore' button? Most forums have them.

User avatar
Shadowman
The Posty Baby
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:14
Location: MapEdit
Contact:

Post by Shadowman » Nov 19th, 2009, 02:53

"I don't want a flame war.






*flames*"

Who gives a fuck about gender if your giblets have rotted off anyways?
Image
Achievement Unlocked: <3*
(Since returned to Daedalus.)
Achievement Unlocked: Kickass Chaos Avatar by Ella.

Achievement Unlocked: Best Insult Ever

User avatar
Daedalus
Blood is my Medium
Posts: 4418
Joined: Apr 27th, 2004, 00:46
Location: The Door between Worlds
Contact:

Post by Daedalus » Nov 19th, 2009, 09:18

AkumaOfDarkness wrote:P.S. Where is the 'ignore' button? Most forums have them.
Bad move, old boy.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

User avatar
Blood of Nightmares
Well Done
Posts: 1674
Joined: May 10th, 2005, 23:17
Location: The Accurate Hall of Epiphany

Re: New Monster/Enemies ideas

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Feb 2nd, 2010, 01:51

Going back to the main topic, has anyone thought of editing the Cerberus sprite to give it three heads instead of two which would be more accurate to the actual mythology? Maybe it can be a Super Cerberus or something...

User avatar
BLOODTheChosenOne
Pink on the Inside
Posts: 278
Joined: Jun 23rd, 2009, 08:23

Re: New Monster/Enemies ideas

Post by BLOODTheChosenOne » Feb 4th, 2010, 01:43

Blood of Nightmares wrote:Going back to the main topic, has anyone thought of editing the Cerberus sprite to give it three heads instead of two which would be more accurate to the actual mythology? Maybe it can be a Super Cerberus or something...
2 heads are hard enough... I still don't know why I added 2 cerberuses in my map but I guess 1 wouldn't be as much of a threat.
Face it people, no one can re-create the unique feel of Blood, only the gods have such power...

User avatar
Blood of Nightmares
Well Done
Posts: 1674
Joined: May 10th, 2005, 23:17
Location: The Accurate Hall of Epiphany

Re:

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Feb 5th, 2010, 20:15

Yhe1 wrote:Quake's enemies all work in Blood and vice versa
Maybe except for the Grunt and Enforcer due to being sci-fi themed enemies that doesn't fit Blood's historical gothic atmosphere (unless one was doing a Aeons of Death style mod or a map set in the modern era) but the other Quake monsters fit in though.

User avatar
Blood of Nightmares
Well Done
Posts: 1674
Joined: May 10th, 2005, 23:17
Location: The Accurate Hall of Epiphany

Re: New Monster/Enemies ideas

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Feb 23rd, 2010, 20:10

Here's new enemy ideas...What about Faeries? Not the ones like Tinker Bell but rather I'm talking about the ones from folklore something like Redcaps, Trolls, Gnomes, Goblins, Sidhe, Bogarts, Pooka, Changelings, etc...

Well I think you can look at these gamelines for a idea...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Ages:_Fae
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changeling:_The_Lost

User avatar
Umnir
Half-homie
Posts: 4547
Joined: Jul 9th, 2007, 17:26
Contact:

Re: New Monster/Enemies ideas

Post by Umnir » Feb 23rd, 2010, 22:39

Naked Daedalus with 3d glasses driving VW...




...with similiarry outfitted Dimebog on the roof throwing OUWB laserdiscs.
LOL HI!

User avatar
Daedalus
Blood is my Medium
Posts: 4418
Joined: Apr 27th, 2004, 00:46
Location: The Door between Worlds
Contact:

Re: New Monster/Enemies ideas

Post by Daedalus » Feb 24th, 2010, 09:32

Easily arranged, actually.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

User avatar
Umnir
Half-homie
Posts: 4547
Joined: Jul 9th, 2007, 17:26
Contact:

Re: New Monster/Enemies ideas

Post by Umnir » Feb 24th, 2010, 15:31

Cool, can't wait to see it!
LOL HI!

User avatar
Blood of Nightmares
Well Done
Posts: 1674
Joined: May 10th, 2005, 23:17
Location: The Accurate Hall of Epiphany

Re: New Monster/Enemies ideas

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Feb 24th, 2010, 16:34

Umnir wrote:Naked Daedalus with 3d glasses driving VW...




...with similiarry outfitted Dimebog on the roof throwing OUWB laserdiscs.
That could be Jokewad material....

User avatar
Dislogical
Still Kicking
Posts: 81
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2010, 01:47
Location: France

Re: New Monster/Enemies ideas

Post by Dislogical » Feb 24th, 2010, 16:36

True. And the "horror" theme in Blood will show up as never.
Image
Check out some Blood Speedrunning : Rest In Pieces...

Post Reply