New Monster/Enemies ideas

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Nov 18th, 2009, 13:09

Well, yes Matt, of course spiders and Shial...we can also consider gargoyles and plants as females, but I meant human like enemies.

They are some in Blood 2, that's right, that's part of Blood 2, but I don't know what kind of female enemy would fit in Blood.

Kilstrom should design some, so that they would respect the Blood universe ^^.
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Nov 18th, 2009, 13:31

I think female cultists/fanatics/zealots/acolytes/cabal members and zombies would defiantly fit Blood for sure....

Not to mention Lamias/Nagas, Centaurs, other Mythical Beasts that resemble women...

Well especially folklore monsters that are usually female like the Penanggalan, Manananggal, Aswang (although their both genders).

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Nov 18th, 2009, 13:37

The funny thing and the beauty in Blood's zombies is that they are both scrawny and stout. I'd go so far as to say that there's a pride to their march and a female equivalent simply wouldn't bring that across. Female cultists would not only be pointless (as there'd be no discernable visual shift), but they'd actually detract from Blood's charm, in that the running joke of the Cabal's frightening legions giving out girly cries when shot would be lost, though that's not to say that hearing angry women giving out Cabal cries and screaming wouldn't be interesting.

I'd certainly say there's room for female enemies in Blood, but in its existing, outstanding template, I don't think there exists a mould which would be suitable for them.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Nov 18th, 2009, 13:56

Daedalus wrote:The funny thing and the beauty in Blood's zombies is that they are both scrawny and stout. I'd go so far as to say that there's a pride to their march and a female equivalent simply wouldn't bring that across.
You could easily make a Zombie that resembles a woman and there presto, I don't think it's that hard to make.
Daedalus wrote:Female cultists would not only be pointless (as there'd be no discernable visual shift), but they'd actually detract from Blood's charm, in that the running joke of the Cabal's frightening legions giving out girly cries when shot would be lost, though that's not to say that hearing angry women giving out Cabal cries and screaming wouldn't be interesting.
I think Blood II: The Chosen proved this wrong since there were actually female cultists...well except they weren't robed and looked like FBI agents while screaming in English which I don't see any difference at all if they were in their robed counterparts...

While your at it perhaps a sorceress, female necromancer, high priestess etc would defiantly fit...

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Nov 18th, 2009, 14:26

Blood of Nightmares wrote:You could easily make a Zombie that resembles a woman and there presto, I don't think it's that hard to make.
You missed my point.
Blood of Nightmares wrote:I think Blood II: The Chosen proved this wrong since there were actually female cultists...well except they weren't robed and looked like FBI agents while screaming in English which I don't see any difference at all if they were in their robed counterparts...
I hope you didn't mean this in earnest.
Blood of Nightmares wrote:While your at it perhaps a sorceress, female necromancer, high priestess etc would defiantly fit...
Suitable.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Nov 18th, 2009, 20:50

Well my point was Daedalus that I was suggesting gender egalitarianism within the Cabal's ranks...

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Nov 18th, 2009, 20:53

After all, murderous dark-god-worshiping apocalypse-beckoning cults need to set an example of equality. Nothing less is expected of them.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Nov 18th, 2009, 21:48

Dimebog wrote:After all, murderous dark-god-worshiping apocalypse-beckoning cults need to set an example of equality. Nothing less is expected of them.
Sure why not? How did Ophelia/Possibly Gabriellia (if you follow the sequel and of course RATM) become a Cabal member eventually one of the Chosen in the first place then? There certainly has to be women in the Cabal hence I thought Female Cultist/Fanatic/Zealot/Acolyte counterparts would make sense....

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Nov 18th, 2009, 22:06

Dimebog wrote:After all, murderous dark-god-worshiping apocalypse-beckoning cults need to set an example of equality. Nothing less is expected of them.
:D :D :D

I always thought of the Cabal as a misogynous cult, even though I know it's not the case because of Ophelia.

Blood2 takes place in the future, the Cabal had to evolve and get women as minions too ^^.

AkumaOfDarkness
New user

Post by AkumaOfDarkness » Nov 18th, 2009, 22:08

Well most cults, especially apocalyptic ones want to have the most members possible. Considering that most humans in the world are female, over half the world is female, it makes sense to try and convert female members. Thereby disqualifying your supposed argument.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Nov 18th, 2009, 22:28

Welcome here Akuma...I think you took Dimebog's post way too seriously.

Ophelia seems quite manly actually...women can be recruited by the Cabal if they are tough enough. But they wear no robe, they probably cook 8) .

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Nov 18th, 2009, 22:31

Le Babe wrote:But they wear no robe, they probably cook 8) .
I thought Bloated Butchers did the cooking...

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Nov 18th, 2009, 22:54

True...so females do the cleaning.
Daedalus wrote:You missed my point.
Did he ??

What have I done...

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Nov 18th, 2009, 23:03

Le Babe wrote:True...so females do the cleaning.
I'm starting think sexism is becoming Godwin's Law when everytime female whatever is brought up...it's rather a disturbing development really.
Le Babe wrote:
Daedalus wrote:You missed my point.
Did he ??

What have I done...
LOL my ass off

I'm starting to miss Kurt Fuhr's hilarious photoshop images...

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Nov 18th, 2009, 23:07

Blood of Nightmares wrote:I'm starting think sexism is becoming Godwin's Law when everytime female whatever is brought up...
Hey, I was only joking you know...
Blood of Nightmares wrote:LOL my ass off
Now you got it :D .