New Monster/Enemies ideas

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

New Monster/Enemies ideas

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Nov 30th, 2008, 14:29

If the source code was released (the ability to add in new enemies without replacing existing sprites) or those who know how to create sprites from scratch have any ideas for new enemies for Blood?

Although I'm not a sprite artist myself but lets start with my ideas...

Ghoul: This undead cannibalistic monster will stop at nothing to eat your flesh.

Vampire: This undead creature has the power to shape shift into bats,wolves,mist, & rats/cast spells and they overall can drain your life blood pretty quickly.

Werewolf: Usually found roaming the country side/forests; this killer machine will rip apart any unwary travelers like you....

Female Cultists/Fanatics/Zealots/Acolytes.

Mages: Magic using versions of the cultists, fanatics, zealots, acolytes using either raw magic (shooting fireballs/lighting bolts/etc out their hands/bodies/etc) or magic staffs/weapons against you especially life leeches and voodoo dolls.

Necromancer: They raise Zombies, choking hands, and other undead against you and uses spirit projectiles similar to the Phantasms. Plus the most freighting power they wield is that they also have the power to rise their fallen comrades....(like the Arch Vile from Doom)

Diciple: High Ranking followers of the Cabal which use very high powered magic against you (their appearances are similar to the Disciples/Acolytes from Heretic/Hexen).
Last edited by Blood of Nightmares on Jan 13th, 2009, 13:36, edited 4 times in total.

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Post by wangho » Nov 30th, 2008, 17:54

sharks with lasers attached to their heads and chupacabras. Honestly, I like the enemy loadout as it is. I could settle on a new type of cultist or another zombie variation. Maybe a zombie innocent, not knowing if an innocent will suddenly turn on you or not when you walk past him may be a cool option.

mouth
Lightly Broiled

Post by mouth » Nov 30th, 2008, 19:04

Ghoul: This undead cannibalistic monster will stop at nothing to eat your flesh.

Nothing at all? Nothing? What about shotgun shells? Nothing?
Long live the new flesh!

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Nov 30th, 2008, 20:02

I'm still looking for that rare European copy of Blood that includes those sharks with lasers attached to their heads...

Might as well include Frankenstein and The Invisible Man. He would be easy to create actually.

But Blood really doesn't need things like werewolves, vampires, mummies or sharks with lasers attached to their heads.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Nov 30th, 2008, 20:29

I don't see why there couldn't be new enemies as long as they fit well in the game...
LOL HI!

RedFanatic
Pink on the Inside

Post by RedFanatic » Dec 1st, 2008, 03:53

I like those ideas Blood, always though a Werewolf should have been there.

Pretty much all the classic Horror monsters could fit, like Swamp things (squidgy slimy gillbeast type things) a Skeleton would be cool also more Demons (a bit doom like if done badly) but one or two of the more off the wall mythological beast would work.

In order to really fit well in Blood it's got too be something slightly weird.

I've spent Loads of time thinking about idea's for Blood3 (if it ever were to be)
and i was thinking things like Skeletonized Phantasm like creatures that are constantly oozing Blood from their half corporal bodies or 'fake' innocents that a classic horned nasty fast demon burst out of when you get too close ,

And a whole batch of Demon/Zombie mutanats fast zombies, slow zombies, Tank Zombies I also think a fast creeping thing with no face would be pretty terrifying.
[color=red]Infuscomus Cruo Lokemundux[/color]

http://bpf.deathmask.net/
[img]http://bpf.deathmask.net/banner.gif[/img]

Bruce777999
Pink on the Inside

Post by Bruce777999 » Dec 1st, 2008, 08:20

RedFanatic wrote:I like those ideas Blood, always though a Werewolf should have been there.

Pretty much all the classic Horror monsters could fit, like Swamp things (squidgy slimy gillbeast type things) a Skeleton would be cool also more Demons (a bit doom like if done badly) but one or two of the more off the wall mythological beast would work.

In order to really fit well in Blood it's got too be something slightly weird.

I've spent Loads of time thinking about idea's for Blood3 (if it ever were to be)
and i was thinking things like Skeletonized Phantasm like creatures that are constantly oozing Blood from their half corporal bodies or 'fake' innocents that a classic horned nasty fast demon burst out of when you get too close ,

And a whole batch of Demon/Zombie mutanats fast zombies, slow zombies, Tank Zombies I also think a fast creeping thing with no face would be pretty terrifying.
Yep - Werewolf and a plant thing, that protects the pods, would be nice.

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Dec 1st, 2008, 16:21

Here's another idea which Wangho would most likely put in his mod...

The Killer Madme Puppet? Although she could have been a boss...

Not to mention a killer ventriloquist doll hence Wangho's avatar...(BTW off topic I wonder if Wangho has sound clips from the Ventriloquist Dummy epidsode from the Twilight Zone in some of the levels from BPF? like when the dummy says "I'll lock you up in the trunk" or something like that)

Well here's what I'm talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ommPilSfzvA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-jmgxdA ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNGq_bDH ... re=related
Last edited by Blood of Nightmares on Jan 3rd, 2010, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

wangho
Well Done

Post by wangho » Mar 2nd, 2009, 19:48

ventriloquist dummies are just dead creepy to me and the episode of TZ you are talking about is one of my favorites. I thought about adding sound bites from some TZ episodes, but decided against it. As was able to create the effect by just using sounds from Blood.

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Mar 16th, 2009, 20:45

As for other enemy ideas, I guess we could have take Halloween decorations/props and convert them to sprites to use as a base....

Here's some examples....

http://www.halloweenmart.com/s.nl/c.801 ... ge=1,25,42

http://www.spirithalloween.com/decorations/

Yhe1
Still Kicking

Post by Yhe1 » Mar 17th, 2009, 02:24

Quake's enemies all work in Blood and vice versa

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Mar 17th, 2009, 12:18

Yhe1 wrote:Quake's enemies all work in Blood and vice versa
I'm not sure what I've just read.

wangho
Well Done

Post by wangho » Mar 17th, 2009, 12:48

you can also program Headcrabs from Half-Life to work in Blood as well. Blood's code allows that

Corbin
The Heretic

Post by Corbin » Mar 17th, 2009, 12:51

wangho wrote:you can also program Headcrabs from Half-Life to work in Blood as well. Blood's code allows that
I'm not sure if this was a sarcastic post or not. I can be really technical but I'm too tired. =)
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
-Thomas Jefferson

Yhe1
Still Kicking

Post by Yhe1 » Mar 17th, 2009, 17:31

Daedolon wrote:
Yhe1 wrote:Quake's enemies all work in Blood and vice versa
I'm not sure what I've just read.
You do not think that Quake monsters work in Blood's settings?