Resurrection

Discussion about editing and mapping for Blood II: The Chosen.
kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Aug 9th, 2009, 10:28

I get the impression that BoN feels this is a bad person...

Your research is appreciated BoN. But maybe if we all simply ignore this insanity, he'll go back to the asylum with Zardoz. They can both mutter to themselves about how they created Blood, and how they hope I'll choke to death on vomit.

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Aug 9th, 2009, 11:42

kurt wrote: Your research is appreciated BoN. But maybe if we all simply ignore this insanity, he'll go back to the asylum with Zardoz. They can both mutter to themselves about how they created Blood, and how they hope I'll choke to death on vomit.
I hope you enjoy the information I provided you via email which so you'll have a even better understanding of this deranged individual.

Anyway I agree we should ignore Corbin and ZZardoZZ for this time forward and hopefully have everything return back to normal like it was before Corbin ever reared his ugly head here...

kurt
.PSD

Post by kurt » Aug 15th, 2009, 21:02

I don't know who you are but I could kiss you!!!!
It seems that some good has come from my revealing the true facts recently. I've been overwhelmed in the past week by the amount of emails that I've received, although it wasn't my intention to cause a mass writing campaign. But it means a lot to me that so many people have taken the time to write.

So I'd just like to personally thank the entire community for their continuing support and understanding. I'd also like to thank Roland LaGoy for his excellent contribution of 19 new tracks this week. His hard work is apparent and his contributions are greatly appreciated.

It's as though most of the Blood fans have actually been hiding in the shadows all this time. It does seem to be a comfortable place to be, and so I'll probably just go join them all for a little while.
I´m only a mortal. You is a god.
This actually made me laugh. But if that were true, then I suppose that Satan must exist somewhere...

I expect statues to be built in my image soon!

kurt
.PSD

Post by kurt » Sep 20th, 2009, 05:24

Blood of Nightmares wrote:Bought this game just to test how better Blood 2 Ressuraction is going to be using the Jupiter Engine compared to the Retail Blood 2....So far it's ten times better...
I appreciate your support BoN, and I'll respond to your recent post about KPC and Jupiter, here.

I don't want anyone to possibly equate the Jupiter engine with Psycho Circus because KPC is actually lithtech 1.5, and the Jupiter engine is far more advanced then that.

Although the donated KPC code has been helpful, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Jupiter engine's new toys, and all of the potential complex geometry that might be created. It even has bump mapping, which was severely underutilized in NOLF 2, and which I haven't even had time to really play with yet.

The Jupiter engine may be a bit outdated in comparison to Unreal 3 and Crysis but I think there's still a bit of potential left there, as I reluctantly demonstrate that possibility with a couple of new screenshots.

Let's see some asshole try to imitate that!

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Sep 20th, 2009, 09:58

It's Great to see you again Kurt and I'm glad to hear that Resurrection is alive and well despite that asshole's further attempts to steal/undermine your own work and using character assassination tactics against you...I think the best solution to all this is to ignore it and not let it stand in your way as a obstacle...

As for KPC, although you revealed it's the wrong engine but it did gave me taste how better B2R is going to be compared to the retail game at least....
kurt wrote:Let's see some asshole try to imitate that!
I guess it might be a good idea to post screenshots that are impossible to duplicate in the Doom engine or something beyond that asscopy's "talent"...

Perhaps this could be another good experiment to see if this virusbot still drops by at Postmortem despite it's claims of wanting no part of the community just to test how "mature" "sensible" this person really is (or the lack of it).

kurt
.PSD

Post by kurt » Sep 20th, 2009, 20:46

Blood of Nightmares wrote:I guess it might be a good idea to post screenshots that are impossible to duplicate in the Doom engine or something beyond that asscopy's "talent"...
No, that would not be a good idea.

I will instead return to the darkened shadows to continue my mad experiments...

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Sep 21st, 2009, 02:46

I really do love the second screen, I'd use that for an album cover if I had any fitting one around.

kurt
.PSD

Post by kurt » Sep 21st, 2009, 05:26

Daedolon wrote:I really do love the second screen...
You may say you love the screen but will you respect it in the morning?

Thank you, thank you. You've been a very lovely audience...

Snake Plissken
Pink on the Inside

Post by Snake Plissken » Sep 21st, 2009, 13:03

I'm happy that work has not stopped, despite all the difficulties.
Are you now focusing on some aspect of your project in particular or just experimenting with the jupiter engine, kurt? :)

kurt
.PSD

Post by kurt » Sep 21st, 2009, 21:14

It's mostly coding and model construction at the moment.

I really do wish I could use a more modern or open source engine, but the choices are actually somewhat limited, and Jupiter seems to be the most logical choice under the circumstances.

So I'll continue with these mad experiments, and hope that it all turns out well in the end. :)

Predator
Still Kicking

Post by Predator » Oct 9th, 2009, 18:01

It's been ages since I visited Postmortem but seeing the last discussion on TF forum I thought I'd drop by.
Kurt - I'm very happy to see you are continuing your work. Right from the start I saw a lot of potential in your project. You've been consequently proving that you are capable of delivering great Blood-related stuff of very high quality.
Keep it that way and I'm sure we'll be able to play a great game one day.
I'll be keeping an eye on B2R. Good luck!
[url=http://q3bloodbath.w.interia.pl][color=red]Q3 BloodBath[/color][/url]

kurt
.PSD

Post by kurt » Oct 16th, 2009, 00:37

Thanks Predator. It's good to hear from you again.

It would seem that you're not the only one that saw potential in this project. When I began this all, over 2 years ago, my goals were to repair previous mistakes for the benefit of the entire community, to unite everyone, and to move things forward in a positive direction. Unfortunately things haven't exactly turned out as I'd wished.

Instead my goals and work were copied and turned into a mockery, not for the community, but because an individual wanted some praise and profit. In the real world an actual public admission of copying alone would be enough evidence for anyone. But apparently some people are so far in denial that no amount of proof would really matter. Damages have been done, and the community has been fractured even more then it already was.

I have regrets, but I offer no apologies for speaking honestly and truthfully at all times, and in defense of what I believe. But there will be no need to keep an eye on B2R Predator, because there will be no further updates or opinions provided.

I'd appreciate no response to this post. But I would like to sincerely offer my thanks and appreciation to anyone that has ever offered any support and encouragement to this project. Perhaps one day that great game that we all dream of may eventually arrive...

Le Babe
Well Done

Re:

Post by Le Babe » Sep 10th, 2010, 13:07

kurt wrote:But there will be no need to keep an eye on B2R Predator, because there will be no further updates or opinions provided.
Things have changed ?
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Ransu
New user

Re: Resurrection

Post by Ransu » Oct 20th, 2010, 05:37

I have overhauled the soundtrack and I'm seriously done this time. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1487

BEAST
New user

Re: Resurrection

Post by BEAST » Jan 23rd, 2014, 03:13

No one has talked in this thread since 2010. kurt's last update was September 22, 2013, where he announced that B2R is on hiatus. I've been a fan of the project since the beginning, and did some concept art that I wanted to show him but never got the chance or the means do to so.

I owe it to him to show him this one surviving art I did.

I know I misspelled "resurrection," but it I can't blot out the extra "s." This image was inspired a little bit by the original Blood 2 poster, which showed Gideon's eyes and that symbol on his head. As you see before you, is the dark city shown from a distance, surrounded by a protective wall in a gloomy desert wasteland with a river of blood coming out of it, with zombies lurking outside of it. The setting is like a cross between Half-Life 2 and Dark City. And, of course Caleb on the icy mountains, dressed in a modern leather trench coat and looking pale and gloomy. The sky is pitch black, but there's an enormous full moon with a bloody rim, and the stars are also blood red, and there's a lightning storm raging over the city. Sign of things going very awry in this grim metropolis. Still proud with the arrangement in this art piece.

Another concept I did was that of a frostbitten blue mummified hiker with an orange vest and no pants, a fork in one hand, and a spider on his groin (weird parasitic behavior). Another was that of a female cultist, but she wore a bright pink robe, which I am embarrassed about. The last was female zombie armed with two machetes. I threw them away because I didn't think they were good enough, but I kept this.

Here you are, old friend...