Resurrection

Discussion about editing and mapping for Blood II: The Chosen.
kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » May 25th, 2009, 00:38

Blood of Nightmares wrote:Kurt, after you been playing Bloody Pulp Fiction, I wonder if your going to add references from BPF to Resurrection? Especially making the carnival levels exactly similar to the Nuthouse/Backlot levels (including adding the ambient sounds from the level) just to play tribute?
I would never do such a thing as to take or use someone else's efforts of creativity.

This may be considered acceptable behavior by some people. But unless permission is given or donations made, it would clearly be theft to do such a thing in my opinion.

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » May 25th, 2009, 00:47

Well never mind unless wangho has given you permission. Although I was asking that your carnival/amusement park levels be similar to the Nuthouse/Backlot levels although they don't have to be exact same duplicates but certainly a level that feels like your going through a actual amusement park/haunted house attraction/carnival/circus all rolled into one. Perhaps you could ask wangho for permission just to use the ambient sounds.

kurt
.PSD

Post by kurt » May 25th, 2009, 18:43

I thought your original question was an attempt at somehow being humorous, but it seems as though you were actually serious.

Can people really not see how wrong it is, to simply take or use someone else's ideas or efforts for their own personal use? If this is done without first receiving any kind of permission, then it's clearly theft, no matter what the actual intention may be.

Imagine that you have spent a considerable amount of time on creating something, and someone comes along and decides that they want to use or copy your ideas and work. Even worse would be if they wanted to personally profit from it. If permission is actually given by the original creator, then the new work simply becomes an unoriginal duplication of someone's original ideas and efforts, and there is no real value in copies of creative originality.

There will be an amusement park level, and a level that feels as though you are going through a nut house. Lately I feel as though I am continuously going through that level...

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Post by wangho » May 25th, 2009, 19:11

certainly there can be more than a few definitive carnival layouts for a level. Don't put things into a box, BON. There's many different ways you can go about building a level. Spread those ideas far and wide!

kurt
.PSD

Post by kurt » May 28th, 2009, 13:33

This will be the last screenshot and update I'll provide as I attempt to end this thread. The image comes from an incomplete level and I imagine that you'll also be seeing this very same image in some other game in the very near future...

I've spent 2 years of my free time on this project, trying to do what I thought was a good thing. It wasn't done for attention, praise, or money, and I seriously thought that more people would want to become involved in this effort if I just continuously demonstrated the possibilities.

But instead, a group of immature individuals saw what I'd done, and decided to do the exact same thing. For 2 years Resurrection attempted to create a re-visualized and re-imagined Blood 2 story and game. Then along came the thieves and they'll do a re-visualized and re-imagined Blood 2 story and game also. They've taken the purpose and goals of my own project to serve themselves and made a mockery of it all. If that wasn't enough they've also recreated and copied my own work on more then one occasion, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if their ever changing game story resembles mine eventually as well. These children have also engaged in a campaign to undermine me and this project through insults, lies and ridicule, and I've witnessed the shocking betrayal of someone I once believed was a friend. All of this damage and destruction has been done simply because they want some praise and profit and don't appreciate anyone being honest in their opinions, or in providing true facts.

This madness appears to be my reward for all that I have tried to do over the past 2 years. It seems that hard work and honesty really are pointless when theft and lies are simply so much easier. I really regret ever posting anything about this project on the internet, and so I'll just stop all of these updates altogether here. Otherwise I'm just going to go on about those parasitic thieves, liars, and vandals forever.

There's still much work to be done on this re-imagined and re-visualized game, and it hardly even seems worth it anymore. If some people out there actually support and compliment crap from thieves and liars, then what's the point in even trying at all to do something good?

But I'll try to continue to do my best anyways, and I've appreciated all of the support that I've received over the past 2 years.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » May 28th, 2009, 15:43

kurt wrote: If some people out there actually support and compliment crap from thieves and liars, then what's the point in even trying at all to do something good?
You know not everybody knows the story Kurt.

Do what you want to do, thefts and lies or not. If you stay true to Blood like you always did, your Resurrection will kick some asses, that's all matter. If you want to do it, do it. If this if getting on your nerves then it's not worth it.
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

kurt
.PSD

Post by kurt » Jul 2nd, 2009, 01:53

Here's something you don't see every day...

I seem to be lost in a fog, but I still receive emails from people wondering whether this project is actually canceled. Although there's not much I can do about the rumors that have been spread, this project has not been canceled. It will continue to be worked on, until I actually say otherwise.

The experiments with the Jupiter engine are continuing, and new models will also eventually be constructed. Unfortunately I won't be providing any further updates, and as much as I appreciate the email, I can't keep repeating to people that this project is not canceled.

But thanks once again for the interest and support. Work will be ongoing for quite awhile...

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Jul 2nd, 2009, 03:03

The screenshots look impressive Kurt.

Speaking of Screenshots I think might as well go ahead and post that updated Accurate Hall of Epiphany screenshot you have sent me via email....

kurt
.PSD

Post by kurt » Jul 2nd, 2009, 20:34

That of course is not an accurate Hall of Epiphany. But perhaps one day it will be...

I have no control over what anyone does with my work BON, but I thought you were going to hang this image over your mantle. I only posted to end the rumors of this project's demise, and to express my appreciation for all of the support that I've received over the past 2 years.

Now give me all of your money!

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Jul 2nd, 2009, 20:57

kurt wrote: but I thought you were going to hang this image over your mantle.
Well I only posted the screenshot as a extra update (which I felt the time was right) which I remember you saying in the email that wouldn't have any objections concerning posting this screen on the net.

kurt
.PSD

Post by kurt » Jul 2nd, 2009, 21:21

Humor is a difficult concept, but you may eventually get the hang of it BON.

I hope you can find a suitable frame though.

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Jul 2nd, 2009, 21:25

kurt wrote:Humor is a difficult concept, but you may eventually get the hang of it BON.

I hope you can find a suitable frame though.
my apologies for taking it too seriously sorry about that.

Now of course it's on my vesture because I happen to be a archbishop for the Cabal....

kurt
.PSD

Post by kurt » Jul 3rd, 2009, 11:22

Blood of Nightmares wrote:my apologies for taking it too seriously sorry about that.
No need to apologize BON. But rather I should apologize for presenting such a poor effort.

I think though I'd prefer to end this thread with a demonstration of the potential of the Jupiter engine. The experiments do seem promising, and the quality of work should hopefully improve in time.

But despite the rumors of this project's cancellation, I'll continue to do my best for as long as it takes...

kurt
.PSD

Post by kurt » Aug 4th, 2009, 14:33

I happened to notice today that I'm still being insulted by the pathetic parasite that forced me off the internet.
zZaRDoZz wrote: Quote from: zZaRDoZz on July 31, 2009, 03:26:59 pm
You know, spamming isn't good for you. It can make your teeth fall out, leave you undatable, ruin your stock portfolio, and has even been known to screw with your car's gas mileage.
Asshole wrote: So that's what happened to Kurt...
Imitating and copying my efforts is still just as important as insulting me though, as I did attempt a test recently to determine whether any of my work might still be imitated by this individual, if I were to actually post anything. It wasn't surprising then that out of the 6 images that I posted, the easiest one would in fact be copied by this asshole. It is a mirror image of 2 trees, a stone fence, with green grass under a night time sky. He doesn't have enough talent to build the church apparently...

Considering that everything I do "inspires" this fool, and the fact that he still visits my website constantly, it seems rather unlikely that this isn't an imitation that's been "inspired" by my work. He took the bait and demonstrated once again how pathetic he truly is.

To be honest, I'm totally sick of this never ending nonsense and I've had enough of this bullshit. This fool has forced me off the internet, and even though I no longer even post anymore, he still continues with his attempts to damage my work and reputation.

Here's my final update on the B2R site. I've simply had enough.

zZaRDoZz wrote: Oh, I suppose you think I *do* know what I'm talkin' 'bout
Well sir , I don't. I rarely do in fact. But that doen't stop me now does it?

Skulldog
Still Kicking

Post by Skulldog » Aug 4th, 2009, 17:40

:shock: