voodoo .rez file- things that might have...

Discussion about editing and mapping for Blood II: The Chosen.
zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

voodoo .rez file- things that might have...

Post by zZaRDoZz » Jul 21st, 2006, 10:51

Does anyone remember a .rez file that changed the voodoo doll from a weapon to a shield?
Last edited by zZaRDoZz on Jul 30th, 2006, 03:25, edited 1 time in total.

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Jul 21st, 2006, 12:02

I'm fairly sure this is archived somewhere...
but just in case it isn't.

http://www.absynthespad.com/blood2.shtml

Okay folks, I think it's just the FXenhancer rez although the web page loesn't call it that.

Sttill looking for the voodoo shield rez....

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Jul 23rd, 2006, 11:17

Wow, ever since gamespy closed shop on blood it would seem a lot of good material was lost. The voodoo shield thingy might never have been on gamespy though. Some dude had it on his own site I think I recall. I wonder if any of you folks might have systems that hav'nt been changed in 6 years or so... That's how far back we'd have to go to find it.

Speaking of lost be material... the Gods2 had put together a few nicetes before it had broken up. Too bad Reactor never saw fit to release it. Same with be revelations. bit of new code, new maps... all gone. :cry:

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Jul 23rd, 2006, 12:13

Ya know, if you go with a crappy search engine, you get what you deserve. Here's something I googled together.
Blood 2 - Revelations
Revelations is going very well, 75% of level design is now complete, with levels ranging from Temples, a warehouse, a train ride, a train yard, the city streets and many others.

There are lots of original ideas and huge scripted parts in it, Cultists being thrown through windows by Shikaris, Zealots surprise attacking you, walls caving in.

In revelations we have tried to re-capture the Blood 1 feel (with darkness and the element of surprise) but set in Blood 2 times, Here at Tequila we want to immerse the player into a world which is not only visually captivating, but also involves the player with what is actually going on in the surroundings, we also want people to feel emotions including fright and surprise.

The coding is also near completion (including the Revelations launcher, front end ) but a few bugs are being ironed out at present
http://www.guru3d.com/archives/April1999.shtml

please note that no sources were given in that article. You'll have to scroll down a bit.

Hre's some pics:

http://www.sg.hu/cikkek/11793/blood_2_revelations

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Jul 24th, 2006, 06:23

The mystery deepens...

Da Da Daaaaa!

taken from:

This site

According to Peter Hopkins, conceptual designer for Tequila Software, the freeware version of Revelations is now complete, although it will feature "less stuff" than the defunct retail version. The retail version of Revelations was cancelled last year in June after Tequila's deal with their publishers fell through.

Peter wasn't able to give us an exact day on the game's release, but he did tell us that it "would be released this year", contain 16 levels, and is currently in QA.

Blood 2: Revelations was originally planned as a commercial addon that was to include new maps, new weapons, new enemies, new spells and a host of other enhancements to add to Monolith's horror-based first-person shooter.
So it was finished and never released. Hmmmmm...

The story is dated June 4 2000

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Jul 30th, 2006, 03:04

Some more early blood2revelations pics

http://www.sharkyextreme.com/games/tequ ... _g/b.shtml

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Jul 31st, 2006, 10:38

Just finnished reading throught the game info insert for the cd. It clearly states that Ishmael has the ability to generate a shield that can absorb 1 hit up tp 100 points of damage. That's no where in the The chosen manual or the game for that matter. It means that the shield code was left in the game in an unusable state. Some guy probably fished it out and ported it to the voodoo doll. Shame it's gone for good :(

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Jul 31st, 2006, 10:58

Baaaahaaa!

found this 20 min after that last post!
suckers stored on Planet Blood for &*!@?*^%+ sake!

http://www.planetblood.com/dl/dl.asp?pl ... odoo14.zip
I can't test it to see if it's downloadable from work so here's another site that seems to be broken, but it could be the web guard I'm having to serf through.
I'd appreciate any feedback on downloadability and playability.

http://files.filefront.com/voodoo14zip/ ... creenshots

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Aug 4th, 2006, 11:47

First things first: The 100 point shield is mentioned in the player's guide.

Secondly, It's obvious Monolith told Peter not to include the best features in the freeware version of revelations- problaby wound up in other games. Later Monolith problaby made pete cancil the project all together. Not sure why they would do something like that.

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Aug 6th, 2006, 08:55

It's time for me to try to get some pics up. Nothing special, just oddities and adnormalities for blood 2. Maybeee... 2 to 3 days?

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Aug 10th, 2006, 09:27

Just got my first taste of the voodoo rez file. At lower difficulties this is a great modification. I had heard that speeding up the baddies animation rates improved their tracking abilities but wow! The soul drudge is awsome even if the animation looks a little goofy. The bone leech, the fanatic- all are much improved. Giving all the low cultists sawed offs or flareguns was a highly intuitive move. As for suicide difficulty, well you can't have it all I suppose. Those train levels are shooting galleries. The enemies that fire at you will probably hit you.

The mod arms them with napalm and death rays.

Lets review. The train levels are shooting galleries in which the enemies cannot miss....

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Aug 11th, 2006, 02:54

Okay, I know that this is a crappy pic but I'm using photobucket for the first time.

You can just make out the chain from the flail. It only happens with the nightmare addon . This occured in that little cave at the end of hardhat area. The only way to trigger the flail attack was to get the shikari to enter the cave.

This next one is a knife attack from the prophet. Note that he seems to grab the player first before he stabs.

more later
Last edited by zZaRDoZz on Aug 11th, 2006, 02:57, edited 1 time in total.

Choronzon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Choronzon » Aug 11th, 2006, 02:56

Sorry, I got my eyes damaged in the last few days and its really hard for me to read things. Are you talking about a mod for Blood 2? If so where can I get it?
Im gonna paint the town red...

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Aug 11th, 2006, 03:21

My bad :oops: I'm not really sure what I'm doing in this thread. Maybe it's just me venting. The voodoo14.zip can be found in lots of places apparently- fileplanet and filefront both host it. I'm just eager to tie up loose ends with b2 is all.

I hope your eyes feel better.

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Sep 4th, 2006, 08:51

One last comment on revelations...

I thinnk it's obvious that any sp mod for b2 would be a bad idea based on what happened to Mr. Hopkins.

According to some posts long ago from Reactor, the gods2 mod fell appart on its own. I kinda wonder if that's true.