I want to play some mods.

Discussion about editing and mapping for Blood II: The Chosen.
That_one_guy
Still Kicking

I want to play some mods.

Post by That_one_guy » Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:20

I have the hankerin' to play some Blood 2 the chosen mods (preferably single player ones) know of any cool ones?

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Re: I want to play some mods.

Post by Daedolon » Mar 23rd, 2011, 18:19

I'm just aware of FX Enhancer, sadly.

http://www.the-postmortem.com/files/fxenhancer.zip

That_one_guy
Still Kicking

Post by That_one_guy » Mar 23rd, 2011, 23:48

I just took a look at the wiki, and Blood 2k5 looks pretty interesting, however I can't find a functional download :x any idea where i can download it?

I'll also take a look at the fx enhancer you reccomended.

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Mar 24th, 2011, 00:08

Blood 2k5 was a very small SP level made by Joe Volante, and it really wasn't very good. He added a level that was made by someone else in 1998, and a retextured level from Psycho Circus to make it all seem better. I also regret that I made the mistake of allowing him to use early resources from Blood 2 Resurrection to enhance this "mod".

Those SP levels were not worth anyone's time. Be thankful if there is no functional download.

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Mar 24th, 2011, 00:31

Blood 2k5 was just a three level map pack containing a generic cemetery/crypt level, of course the retextured Road House from Psycho Circus and a Hospital map which I remember running around the entire level trying to find the exit but I couldn't since there isn't one.

It's nothing really special and sadly I don't think there is a whole lot of Blood 2 mods out there (especially single player maps) since Blood 2 wasn't as popular as the first game of course it had a buggy engine that no one bothered to miss with which was why Kurt has been changing engines around in his Blood 2: Resurrection mod (of course he's now using the Unreal 3 engine which I think it's no longer just a mod now but a stand-alone open source game I think).