Milkshape Plugin?

Discussion about editing and mapping for Blood II: The Chosen.
Corbin
The Heretic

Milkshape Plugin?

Post by Corbin » Mar 14th, 2009, 11:44

I've read somewhere that an old company called Black.Angel Software made a v6 import plugin (.abc) for Milkshape 3d. It seemed that some users posted that they had it on the Transfusion forums. I think the zip file name is ABCPlugin-07a.zip, or msAbcImporter.zip. Does anyone know where I could get those files? I've tried searching up and down with no avail. Thanks! =)

And...I don't just see why they just allowed for v6 plugins in the first place (if they could support NOLF, can't they also support Blood2/Shogo?)
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
-Thomas Jefferson

Zuluman
New user

Post by Zuluman » Mar 14th, 2009, 13:29

I thought you were making Blood more popular and better then original. But now you do Blood 2 also?

Maybe Kurt can help you but then maybe you are why he left :(

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Mar 14th, 2009, 14:34

Clari87
And...I don't just see why they just allowed for v6 plugins in the first place (if they could support NOLF, can't they also support Blood2/Shogo?)
As I'm sure you've noticed the blood2 tools has several plugins- none of which actually work. If you've found a copy of milksape 1.34, you are way ahead of me, I can't find the damn thing. Not that It was terribly important as Kurt had found a way to turn just about any model sent him into a 3ds file, which he could convert into v6...At least I think that's how he was doing it, I tend to conflate things half remembered.

Truespace 3.7 is also a possibility for v6., with a plugin of course.

You can try to contact Joe Valante (aka ILA) or Mic, But they've made themselves mighty scarce for a while now.

Zuluman
Maybe Kurt can help you but then maybe you are why he left
You haven't been keeping up with his tortured google blog for the last year have you?

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Mar 14th, 2009, 14:38

I'm running MilkShape 3D 1.82 and I see this:

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Mar 14th, 2009, 14:54

I think NOLF used ABC v11 for it's models. At least I know you can't open a b2 model with NOLF modeledit.

Corbin
The Heretic

Post by Corbin » Mar 14th, 2009, 18:34

zZaRDoZz wrote:
Zuluman, You haven't been keeping up with his tortured google blog for the last year have you?
Or the last two years? The guy is burned out. Can't you understand that?
Zuluman wrote:But now you do Blood 2 also?
You just figured this out? Take time and research this stuff, please.

Besides, I created this thread to avoid talking about Resurrection or Hypertension. Stick to the topic please.

ZZ is correct Daedalon, Lith 1.0 uses v6 while Nolf uses v11/v12. I know there was an import plugin for Milkshape released some time ago, but I've had no luck in tracking it down. Kurt also does not have a copy. I know there is a way I can convert the entire thing to MD2, or at least take the model vertices and rebone it for MD2. That's the eventual plan at least.
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
-Thomas Jefferson

Corbin
The Heretic

Post by Corbin » Mar 16th, 2009, 02:18

Sorry for double-posting, but do you guys have any ideas on what I should do? Remodelling them will cost more money than I can afford (right now even more money went to the guy scoring the project and a sound studio rental).
-Thomas Jefferson

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Mar 16th, 2009, 02:31

Find some quake 2 models that are similar. If you can find the demo from a game called SiN your in good shape. Also look at models from the kingpin demo. You don't need anything fancy to get at the b2 textures which can be turned into tga files. Resizing them to fit q2 models will be a challenge.

Corbin
The Heretic

Post by Corbin » Mar 16th, 2009, 02:35

Good suggestions, but I really don't want to use those models. I would preferrably like to use the ones from Blood (2) and it's weird, because I know there are ways to get them in there. Somebody, somewhere...has to have those files. Haha.
-Thomas Jefferson

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Mar 16th, 2009, 08:07

You can import and export Autodesk 3DS files with the tools provided in the original Blood 2 Tools (B2_TLS.ZIP). MilkShape 3D can then import the Autodesk files.

If you know how to code a MilkShape 3D Plugin, here's a site that details the LithTech ABC v6 File Format.

Corbin
The Heretic

Post by Corbin » Mar 16th, 2009, 11:13

It works in a practical way - for some reason, after it gets converted to 3ds, as soon as I import it into Milkshape under Autodesk3ds, all I get are the hands from the MAC10_PV abc file. I'm going to try and mess with it a little more.

That was a pretty good idea and I'd figure that it would work, it did but it just didn't work correctly.

The only other person I can try to contact is ILA for the plugins since nobody else seems to have them, but I've heard he's tricky to track down. EDIT: I was able to find his email on PlanetBlood, so I hope I can contact him. I will track these files to the ends of the earth if I have to.
-Thomas Jefferson

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Mar 16th, 2009, 19:20

Despite our differences I have emailed you the milkshape plugin. May it serve you well.

Corbin
The Heretic

Post by Corbin » Mar 16th, 2009, 22:52

kurt wrote:Despite our differences
That was very unexpected! =)

Mirrored here:
http://3dfxdev.net/msabcimporter.zip
-Thomas Jefferson

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Mar 16th, 2009, 22:59

page not found?

Corbin
The Heretic

Post by Corbin » Mar 16th, 2009, 23:06

Whoops, stupid browser. Alright, give it about 5 minutes and it'll be up.

I've made some interesting discoveries with this plugin. Kurt is right - it's very choosy about what it wants to import. I've successfully gotten it to work in Milkshape 1.5.3, but I'm going to keep trying the lower versions and seeing if there's any change. Sometimes the program will give a normal termination and sometimes the program causes a memory leak bigger than Rosie O'Donnel's waist size.

So in short, it works, just not very well. Is there anyone around here who could test it in a lower version of Milkshape and see if any results follow?

(pokes ZZ)
-Thomas Jefferson