Cradle to Grave -- Your Blood experience will live again!

Discussion about editing and mapping for Blood.
Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Re: Cradle to Grave -- Your Blood experience will live again

Post by Daedalus » May 13th, 2010, 23:47

J wrote:So just zmotion sectors that come down on you? They're possible in Duke but not as customizable or diverse as in Blood.
Yes. They're used specifically for that function.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Yhe1
Still Kicking

Post by Yhe1 » May 19th, 2010, 03:58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyJI4bXGldI&NR=1

Cerberus also has this weakness to crouching? if so, will that be corrected in C2G?

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » May 19th, 2010, 08:43

If it's a problem in Blood, it will not be "fixed" but it will be completely missing in C2G, to say, since we don't use any of the original Blood code.

Yhe1
Still Kicking

Post by Yhe1 » May 20th, 2010, 04:21

Daedolon wrote:If it's a problem in Blood, it will not be "fixed" but it will be completely missing in C2G, to say, since we don't use any of the original Blood code.
Yes, that is what I meant.

Another aspect that might be discussed is the fire weapons and how they should function when underwater.

Skulldog
Still Kicking

Post by Skulldog » Jul 26th, 2010, 01:47

Update Please. :D

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Jul 26th, 2010, 01:52

I hope their making progress on this project.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jul 26th, 2010, 15:04

Fine, here's a quick "media" update. Just a few pics that are already laying around the internet. I'll make a video to show some cool new things later (in the future).

First, the blue sky from Alpha Blood was made into an actual skybox so we can use it. Credits to Chris aka DustyStyx. Here's the tiles put together:

http://c2g.deathmask.net/other/alphasky.png

And this is how the skybox turned out (scaled down):

http://c2g.deathmask.net/other/askpreview.png

And here's a random shot of a BloodBath map by Daedolon (it has some cool shit like Q3-style jump pads):

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5374/c2gbb03.jpg

Now here's something really cool. The Speargun model, courtesy of Roma Loom (still WiP):

http://box.unet.by/f/3490_263.png

http://box.unet.by/f/3491_93d.png

Here's how it will probably look like in-game, compared to the Tesla:

http://c2g.deathmask.net/other/speargun.png
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Resurrection
New user

Post by Resurrection » Jul 26th, 2010, 17:03

This looks very promising. :D
I just hope the eduke32 team fixes the multiplayer issues eduke32 has before this gets released.

Keep up the good work!

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Jul 26th, 2010, 23:36

Awesome :D , it's nice to see that C2G is still alive and well after a long silence.

Perhaps you can make that update on your blog perhaps? Or you planning to update the blog with something else?
Dimebog wrote:
Now here's something really cool. The Speargun model, courtesy of Roma Loom (still WiP):

http://box.unet.by/f/3490_263.png

http://box.unet.by/f/3491_93d.png
Wow, their making models of Blood weapons that detailed (like other weapons like the Pitchfork, Flare Gun, Sawed Off Shotgun, Tommygun, Napalm Launcher, Life Leech, etc and even enemies/items and others?)? Can't wait to see more of these models. This is perhaps something that Kurt might use for his B2R project if you allow it....

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Jul 27th, 2010, 08:06

Blood of Nightmares wrote:Can't wait to see more of these models. This is perhaps something that Kurt might use for his B2R project if you allow it....
While I understand that you're trying to help BoN, sometimes I really don't know what's wrong with you. If someone showed you a picture of their new car, would you ask them if I could use it for driving to work?

I can appreciate all of the hard work that the C2G team are putting into this project, and I'm sure that others can sense their dedication and commitment as well. When there's passion in any artistic effort then that reality will ultimately always shine through. I can see that no matter how long it takes, this will be something that the creators will be proud of, and that others will value and appreciate. But what I don't appreciate are people doing any begging for me, especially without my knowledge or consent.

I'd previously mentioned that spearguns may eventually appear in B2R, in some old screenshot that used temporary models as examples. But this thread is not about me or my project BoN. This thread is about the hard work being done by the C2G team, and its not a table for you to beg at for whatever reasons you may have.

I applaud and respect the work being done here, and I understand completely any reluctance in giving away too many details. Keep up the good work. There is no time limit.

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Jul 27th, 2010, 08:34

kurt wrote:
Blood of Nightmares wrote:Can't wait to see more of these models. This is perhaps something that Kurt might use for his B2R project if you allow it....
While I understand that you're trying to help BoN, sometimes I really don't know what's wrong with you. If someone showed you a picture of their new car, would you ask them if I could use it for driving to work?

But what I don't appreciate are people doing any begging for me, especially without my knowledge or consent.

But this thread is not about me or my project BoN. This thread is about the hard work being done by the C2G team, and its not a table for you to beg at for whatever reasons you may have.
Well never mind then. It was only a suggestion which I thought was only trying to help your project. Let's carry on since there's no need to have this thread go off topic. My apologies.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jul 27th, 2010, 23:50

There's actually plenty of progress being made on the project, and while I'd like to show it, I can't think of any other way than making a few videos and uploading them, and that in itself is a lot of work so I'd rather use whatever spare time I have to actually work on the project instead of working on advertising every new thing we get done.

I'm in fact reluctant to say so, but C2G is kind of... nearing completion in terms of porting BLOOD mechanics. The campaign is still very far off but we do have an extremely talented and dedicated non-heathen mapper on board this time so I expect things to pick up steadily, soon.

I hate making ETAs, but let's just say that if we all could dedicate some time of every day in our lives, the project would hit its beta stage in less than a month. But we can't. Though I will be unemployed throughout most of September, so who knows...

With regards to the Blog, it's just another thing that takes effort and our entries are so sparse and far apart that I don't think it's worth it. If you have any questions or clever suggestions, ask them here and I'll try to be forthcoming. The idea is to eventually have a whole site (perhaps as part of The Postmortem) dedicated to C2G where people will be able to download updates and content made by the team as well as community efforts that are deemed top-tier quality.

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Jul 28th, 2010, 00:29

Dimebog wrote:I'm in fact reluctant to say so, but C2G is kind of... nearing completion in terms of porting BLOOD mechanics.
Hmmm....Why not release C2G as a "source port" (which allows us to play the original Blood along with the usermaps like Bloody Pulp Fiction, Bloodlines TC, etc) to hold us over (which people would meanwhile create maps for it....) and then release the campaign later?

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jul 28th, 2010, 01:25

Might happen. Though the campaign will probably be already halfway done by the time we get everything perfectly refined.

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Jul 28th, 2010, 02:19

I guess it's best to release things whenever it's done.