Transfusion help needed.

Discussion about editing and mapping for Blood.
Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Transfusion help needed.

Post by Tekedon » Aug 16th, 2013, 10:51

Trying to fire up Transfusion again for old times sake. Anyone know if it should work in Win 7 64 bit? I can't see any of the maps, only the sky texture. I've tried different maps.. same thing. Tried different resolutions too. I downloaded the latest version which is 1.05 beta 2.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Re: Transfusion help needed.

Post by Daedalus » Aug 16th, 2013, 11:28

Wrong section, I believe.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Aug 16th, 2013, 11:50

Sorry, this thread can be deleted by the way. Found a solution. Tried running it using a newer build of darkplaces and it worked. Even found a server and did some fragging.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Aug 16th, 2013, 18:49

Gee, Matt, that's helpful.

I didn't know you can just switch the client and make it run that way though.

L3GEND
Still Kicking

Post by L3GEND » Aug 16th, 2013, 21:57

I had the same problem,solved after installing the latest patch :)
Is it still played ?
One server seems to be little :-/

https://bloodline.eu -regularly posted news, regularly new things
https://archive.bloodline.eu - the biggest blood bank ever made, over 2700 bloody files, from week to week more.
support our work and register !

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Aug 16th, 2013, 23:08

Well I went back to play some more and noticed the same names playing still.. on that one available server.. I then got suspicious.. I believe they are just bots to be honest. And after further behavioral inspection I'm a 100% sure they are. Allthough in my first game someone was complaining about lag, so might have been at least one real person there, or they were pre-programmed messages, either way it seems pretty dead. :/

And yes, running it through darkplaces.exe does work but it's not perfect, the hud doesn't look right and I'm sure it screws up more as well.. but at least it's playable.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Aug 19th, 2013, 10:54

I remember me and Drakan played it once on Winter Wonderland and other maps, it was pretty stable and hilarious.

I recall someone was trying to make an authentic remake of it with ZDoom, just the multiplayer aspect only and it looked very authentic from some beta YT vids but I've since completely lost track of it.
It is better to light a candle then to curse the darkness...