Bloody Pulp Fiction mod

Discussion about editing and mapping for Blood.
doccarnby
New user

Re: Bloody Pulp Fiction mod

Post by doccarnby » Jul 19th, 2013, 01:45

So, I have a question, as somebody who has no idea about Blood modding at all, but here's a question for wangho: why edit the two .Art files? There are new .Art files, so why edit Tiles 16 and 17, rather than have those edits in a new .Art files?

I loved the mod, by the way, the first couple levels were a little middling (first especially, the snow has a visible effect on FPS and the end of the level kind of falls apart), but about the Manos level it builds up. First episode is great, especially, since the RR roadtrip style leads to a bunch of nice, different levels. The installation is a pain though, I used the 1.3 low tech install.

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Jul 24th, 2013, 23:16

There is an alternative way to make snow, perhaps could have helped the fps in the first map of BPF. http://blood.freeminded.de/index.php?se ... aps&id=454

It's not perfect but with a little art-change and some tweaking it could look great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1wLgzF1Q10

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Post by wangho » Dec 17th, 2013, 10:16

Just got this working on my machine again after much trial and error! I had to download 3 or 4 different versions just to get the sounds working correctly, while everything else was fine. I had to manually extract the RFF file that only came with NoOne's New Year Edition of BPF for some reason. The installer program that was written didn't seem to install sounds correctly on some machines and some it did. What I need to do is just package all the right shit together (including the sounds.rff file) in one place to ensure everything works correctly in one go. I can imagine it was a huge headache for some users just to get the thing up and running.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Dec 17th, 2013, 10:47

If you have a version that will install easily and properly, please let me know since I know other people who have had issues with it as well.

Brooklyn
New user

Post by Brooklyn » Jul 10th, 2014, 03:01

Sorry for bumping this old thread. I have a consistent crash to report regarding the first Episode on the 7th level. In the first part of the corn maze there is secret area very close to where the player starts. It yields a Life Leech Staff and a pair of trapped souls to go with it. But every time I get close passing over the door that conceals them, my game crashes to desktop. There's also rare crash during level transition's between Altitude and the Desert Town (Exiting the car seems to have alleviated that issue).

Again I apologize for bumping an old thread, but I haven't figured out who to contact for issues relating to bugs. I played on normally beyond these two issues and found no other problems. I'm really impressed with the work done on these maps as well as the Evil Dead secret level reference (Big fan of those movies). Hope I could get a hot fix or just some acknowledgment for the issues at hand.. I don't expect much. :lol:

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Post by wangho » Jul 20th, 2014, 09:12

Hey, I made those maps and I never got around to any fixes. Just ignore that secret in the Cultists of The Corn with the Life Leech. The issue with Altitude and the car is also a known issue. Best thing to do is to not hop around and just turn to take in the views. Save often! Glad you enjoy the maps!

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » May 24th, 2015, 19:34

It is better to light a candle then to curse the darkness...