Mapedit - Fishtank feature

Discussion about editing and mapping for Blood.
syk1k
New user

Mapedit - Fishtank feature

Post by syk1k » Nov 5th, 2012, 02:14

Hi all,

I am currenly creating a map and i am having a small problem with a feature i am trying to create. I am trying to get a fish tank effect meaning i have created upper/lower water sectors and set them up properly and they both work fine. The problem lies when i view the lower water sector through a window it appears as though the enemies as swimming in air rather than water. I know i have seen this done on an official map somewhere does anybody know what i am doing wrong or over looking?

thanks

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Re: Mapedit - Fishtank feature

Post by Daedalus » Nov 5th, 2012, 07:52

Greetings, servant.

Sounds like this may be a simple cosmetic oversight. Have you tried to apply a blue tint to the glass?
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Nov 5th, 2012, 08:00

Apparently the masked wall wasn't touching the water sector. Helped him on IRC.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Nov 5th, 2012, 08:01

Would make sense, thanks.

Another soul saved (for later).
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

syk1k
New user

Post by syk1k » Nov 5th, 2012, 09:19

Thanks guys appreciate it