It's a war out there mod.

Discussion about editing and mapping for Blood.
That_one_guy
Still Kicking

It's a war out there mod.

Post by That_one_guy » Feb 25th, 2011, 06:04

Hello all,

This is what I currently have done so far of a mod I'm working on. It is my first mod, and will probably be only one level. Heres a few things I'd like you to tell me about what I have so far.
1. Is it a good start?
2. Did you enjoy it?
3. How could I improve it?
4. What would you rate this out of 5?

Your comments and suggestions would be much appreciated :D

The mod

Jerry
Still Kicking

Re: It's a war out there mod.

Post by Jerry » Feb 25th, 2011, 13:12

Hi!
At first some trolling: I wouldn't call this usermap a mod. Mod usually modifies textures, sounds or game style. This is simply a usermap. And there is nothing about a war in it, so why it's called A war? <end of trolling>

1. Well, it's obvious that this is a beginners map. On the other hand I have to admire the change of locations, your map is quite various. Beginners maps tend to be monotonous. This one isn't.

2. Yes, we have only a few new Blood maps recently and I enjoy every single one no matter how bad it is (don't worry your map isn't so bad). Moreover, your first map looks much better than mine (http://www.blood.freeminded.de/index.ph ... aps&id=138)! Keep working on it! :thumbsup:

3. One small letdown were that annoying blocking bushes and bubbles. I would also suggest adding more enemies and gib/explode objects to make the whole map more destroyable. Try to use bigger variety of textures and sprites. But I think it's very good overall.

4. Old good 3.
I want Jo-Jo! I want Jo-Jo! Jo-Jo! JO-JOOOO!

That_one_guy
Still Kicking

Post by That_one_guy » Feb 25th, 2011, 18:04

Jerry wrote:Hi!
At first some trolling: I wouldn't call this usermap a mod. Mod usually modifies textures, sounds or game style. This is simply a usermap. And there is nothing about a war in it, so why it's called A war? <end of trolling>

1. Well, it's obvious that this is a beginners map. On the other hand I have to admire the change of locations, your map is quite various. Beginners maps tend to be monotonous. This one isn't.

2. Yes, we have only a few new Blood maps recently and I enjoy every single one no matter how bad it is (don't worry your map isn't so bad). Moreover, your first map looks much better than mine (http://www.blood.freeminded.de/index.ph ... aps&id=138)! Keep working on it! :thumbsup:

3. One small letdown were that annoying blocking bushes and bubbles. I would also suggest adding more enemies and gib/explode objects to make the whole map more destroyable. Try to use bigger variety of textures and sprites. But I think it's very good overall.

4. Old good 3.
Everything you mentioned I'm in the process of changing, but one thing I can't figure out is how to change wheter an object is solid or not, and rest assured, I rarely ever make a usermap or mod for any game that doesn't include some new content :D

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Post by wangho » Feb 25th, 2011, 18:31

point at sprite in 3d or 2d mode and press 'b'

That_one_guy
Still Kicking

Post by That_one_guy » Feb 25th, 2011, 19:02

wangho wrote:point at sprite in 3d or 2d mode and press 'b'