Jerry wrote:Wow, very impressive. All the new things you can do with this.
Right now I'm developing a tool that can generate INI files for you.
(send me a PM if you want to beta test it)
You can compose 1 episode with 10 maps, this is what you can do already with it:
- Create Episode Title
- Select a map from a pulldownlist (all maps of the 4 original episodes) but you can type your own.
- Give each map a Title, Author and select a MIDI Song (from pulldown list)
It will also do this:
- If no Episode Title is given it will change it to "UNKNOW"
- If you skip a slot (or more) it will automatically be corrected for you, for example: if you only fill out slot 1,5 and 7 it will change this to Map 1, Map 2 and Map 3 in the INI file!
- If you don't select any map it will not save
- The correct EndingA and EndingB values will automatically be generated
Now, my real wish is that my app would read all .MAP files, check if the filename length does not exceed 8 chars, then put all valid names into a list and check all files internally searching for the piece of code that tells if a 2nd End Switch is used on the map!
Then I want to make that tree structure I was talking about, a Single Switch map will look Blue and a Double Switch one Red.
On the left side of the screen there will be blocks with filenames in them. When you click on 1 it will be placed on the right side of the screen (in the top left corner). If it is a Red one it will give you an option to place a block on the second line as well... If you right-click on a block you can set its properties like Title, Author and MIDI, when set one of those they wil appear as T, A and M on the block on the main screen
Hehe, I've a long way to go to accomplish something like that though