Bloody Pulp Fiction Addon Released!!

Discussion about editing and mapping for Blood.
MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Re: Bloody Pulp Fiction Addon Released!!

Post by MoonStalkeR » Mar 10th, 2011, 07:06

I have uploaded a BPF video today too. 'Dreck the Halls' on well done mode. I did a no weapon start, so it may be.....bloody.
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Mar 10th, 2011, 07:07

<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Post by wangho » Mar 10th, 2011, 09:35

that video is the best! love the chaotic way you play the map. Some mighty fine dynamiting going on, love the flying cultist blasted by dynamite in the pet shop that flies out into the alley of the mall and then the dynamited cultist in the Ice cream store that lands in front of the fountain and leaves a heart. That was perfect! Made me lol

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Mar 10th, 2011, 12:18

wangho wrote:hey Tekedon, are you gonna post anymore on Youtube? I'd love to see your take on at least Cultist of the Corn
Yes I will, need to find some time. Last time I was trying to post my pc refused to render the videos and crashed with a blue screen.. :( need to find a solution for that too.

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Mar 10th, 2011, 22:10

wangho wrote:that video is the best! love the chaotic way you play the map. Some mighty fine dynamiting going on, love the flying cultist blasted by dynamite in the pet shop that flies out into the alley of the mall and then the dynamited cultist in the Ice cream store that lands in front of the fountain and leaves a heart. That was perfect! Made me lol
Thanks! I enjoyed the chaos when I played too, the cultist attacks and selection of ammo made for some tight battles too. I will record more of BPF soon, but I'm thinking of whether to do it in order. Some of the maps are quite hazardous and more difficult than Blood's campaign, so if I do it in order it will most likely be lightly broiled.
Tekedon wrote:Yes I will, need to find some time. Last time I was trying to post my pc refused to render the videos and crashed with a blue screen.. need to find a solution for that too.
I see you used FRAPS. It can be difficult to record performance-wise, but the most important I've found is having two hard drives - one running the game and FRAPS, and the other for FRAPS to record to.

Callum Sanderson
New user

Post by Callum Sanderson » Mar 18th, 2011, 02:03

Good job on the mod and vidoes, I really enjoyed "Dreck the Halls" I thought the humour and decorations really felt like they belonged in Blood, especailly the pet store with the dead fish floating and the guy in the snake pit.. I also liked the names of the stores, Lowang's wok XD, and the music aswell, near the halloween supply and the santa clause with the gift, theres that song that plays in Gremlins. Oh and that giant green spider, never encounterd a green spider that big in Blood before.

wangho
Well Done

Post by wangho » Mar 18th, 2011, 06:09

thanks! Unless you're from the US, then some of you may not get the references of the different stores in the mall. Chick Fil-A is a fast food restaurant chain here, hence "Chick Fil-Eted" in the Mall. If I had more sectors to spare while making that map, I would have added a freezer storage with dead female corpse sprites. Victoria's Secret is a store that sells clothes and high-end fashion. I put a Vicky's Secret in the mall. Vicky's Secret isn't quite as elegant as Victoria's Secret. Krispy Kreme is a doughnut store in the states. Of course I had to call it "Krusty Kreme". Warm Topic is a take on "Hot Topic", a store that sells goth-kid clothes and things. Belch Hudson is Blood's version of "Belk Hudson". A big clothing chain store that is very common in Malls. TCBY Yogurt sells yogurt, I believe I just named it backwards "YBCT" or something to that effect. "Pet Smart" sells chew toys and pet supplies for the doggies and kitties. Of course I had to have a store called "Pet Stupid". Anyway.. there you have it

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Mar 19th, 2011, 00:43

I forgot to shop at Vicky's secret in that video...

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Mar 19th, 2011, 03:18

We can go together at a later date.

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Mar 19th, 2011, 03:38

Excellent. Make sure you know the hip and waist size.

Callum Sanderson
New user

Post by Callum Sanderson » Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:56

Just finished the mod, 10/10 best way to describe it is, non-stop rollarcoaster ride. :D

wangho
Well Done

Post by wangho » Mar 23rd, 2011, 07:12

Red Fanatic and I appreciate that. Glad you enjoyed!

wangho
Well Done

Post by wangho » Jul 27th, 2011, 06:31

If anyone has not played BPF, this guy posted videos of most of the levels.. Here is a playthrough from the 1st episode and the map is 'Cultist Of The Corn' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVLGaQf9YAQ

.. and here is one from the second episode called 'Black Cove' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV7zBOSQ ... re=related

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Aug 22nd, 2015, 01:19

Hi, due to an obvious lack of zeal and skill ;) from other players having not yet uploaded a BPF playthrough to Youtube, I am in the process of manifesting one myself on 'Well Done' but it won't feature max secrets since they are too obscure to locate in Mapedit.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Aug 30th, 2015, 12:05

Damn I decided to be a crazy mofo and record probably the longest level in the entire mod - E1M7: Cultists of the Corn last night at 11PM in the dark with headphones, and I beat it in one swift, daring attempt! It was amazingly strategic and tactical forcing movement to slow to a crawl given the intricate and weaving layout with the excessive use of corners and traps. Once again reminding me why this is the greatest FPS/game of all time.