Bloody Pulp Fiction Addon Released!!

Discussion about editing and mapping for Blood.
wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Re: Bloody Pulp Fiction Addon Released!!

Post by wangho » Aug 11th, 2010, 20:04

no storyline yet, havent given much thought to it. Of course it will be Caleb on a little trek. Wait.. an idea just came to me. Caleb found a map on the original Blood E2M1 boat. The place Caleb is gonna be is where that boat was coming from with it's loaded cargo. That's the germ of the story so far!

Im thinking 3 or 4 maps for the addon. Maybe 5. I have no idea when it'll be released, just started on it. no new graphics or music, but I might haveta recruit Hellen for a few cutscenes if she's still around.

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Jan 5th, 2011, 22:44

BPF is brilliant. Although it does not capture Blood's gameplay formula, it has elements that make it stand out. My favorite mod followed by RATM.

Thanks for creating it, as well as to the other modders (wangho, RedFanatic, Daedalus, Bloatoid, Jerry, Tekedon, etc.) for putting an effort into creations presentable to only a small audience.
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Feb 8th, 2011, 23:46

Looks like there's finally a playthrough (or Let's Play) of Bloody Pulp Fiction by no other than Tekedon...

there's more to come soon...

wangho
Well Done

Post by wangho » Feb 9th, 2011, 01:42

"Someone threw away a drum of bullets".. nice line! Made me laugh. Im glad someone finally did this and is posting them up to Youtube. Thanks, Tek

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Feb 9th, 2011, 17:18

Cool :D but actually I'm stuck now.. been running around e1m5 like a maniac looking for the eye key.. if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it.

wangho
Well Done

Post by wangho » Feb 12th, 2011, 00:10

notice the discolered wall in the shape and size of a door by the locked door? Well, that button in that room with the hanging bodies needs to be pressed again and then you need to hightail it over there.

wangho
Well Done

Post by wangho » Feb 12th, 2011, 00:35

It killed me the way you played Old Desert Town, I gotta say. You kinda played it opposite the way I play it. I jump in the pool first and then get to the house of hands. Also. you didn't 'push' Johnny in the movie theatre ticket stand :(

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Feb 12th, 2011, 14:27

Sorry, but the map is very open compared to other blood maps, you can go any way you want.. so it's hard to know how the designer originally meant it to be played.. I know I am missing a lot of stuff. And I'm sorry for that.. I guess I'm stressing a bit when playing because of the darn time limit on youtube.. I try to fit as much as possible into one video. I'll try to find more stuff in my upcoming episodes. Thanks for the info on how to find the key! :D

wangho
Well Done

Post by wangho » Feb 12th, 2011, 16:55

I know it is. You're right, after looking at some of these maps, I can see how dis-orienting some of them can be. I'm taking care in my next few maps to make sure they are easy to follow, yet a challenge to complete.

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Feb 12th, 2011, 19:15

Well don't get me wrong.. I like that map very much, openness isn't bad.. it feels refreshing sometimes in the disclosed world of blood.. My maps often tend to suffer of the "bigness syndrome" too. And I like "bigness".. but some people don't. Got some comments on my swamp castle map that it's too big. What other maps did you make in BPF? Was rendering my next episode today.. but the computer crashed with a blue screen.. damn vista :bastard: .. I'll try to render it later and upload it.. if not tonight.. maybe tomorrow.

wangho
Well Done

Post by wangho » Feb 12th, 2011, 20:25

I made all the maps from Caleb's Road Trip, the first episode you're playing. I'd say half my maps are big and open, the other half more compact and tight. The later maps in the episode are the ones I began building later on. I'm just enjoying seeing the maps played by someone else's perspective. Pretty cool!

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Feb 14th, 2011, 23:24

Can someone send me BPF? The moddb download isn't working for me.
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Feb 15th, 2011, 09:01

How about the unpacked, ready to go low tech installer on the BPF homepage?
It is better to light a candle then to curse the darkness...

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Feb 15th, 2011, 15:23

It worked, thank you. I actually forgot about the BPF homepage, all I needed were the ART files so I can play the one in Tecman's launcher.

wangho
Well Done

Post by wangho » Mar 8th, 2011, 21:50

hey Tekedon, are you gonna post anymore on Youtube? I'd love to see your take on at least Cultist of the Corn