Blood usermaps and Mapedit queries.

Discussion about editing and mapping for Blood.
VGAce
Still Kicking

Re: Blood usermaps and Mapedit queries.

Post by VGAce » Sep 6th, 2011, 05:10

mapedit.txt says ctrl+alt+ +/- says mapedit i tried both and it doesnt work its just setting the shade to fullbright/fulldark like it would do on ctrl+ +/-
any ideas why this isnt working in dosbox mapedit?

Jerry
Still Kicking

Post by Jerry » Sep 6th, 2011, 20:20

Ah sorry for that "D" button, it's really useless here. Nevertheless, you are using bad +/- keys, the ones on the numpad don't work. Use the +/- that are next to the backspace instead.
I want Jo-Jo! I want Jo-Jo! Jo-Jo! JO-JOOOO!

VGAce
Still Kicking

Post by VGAce » Sep 6th, 2011, 20:45

i cant get the sector visibility setting to work :( so frustrating i checked the dosbox key configs it just doesnt work
my button mashing brought up a "clean" button window with alt+o if you hit the button it asks to "clean common sectors" any ideas what that does?
and i found out ctrl sets skybox/paralax mode first 0 normal 1 sphere and 3 fixed

Sir Seizhak
Pink on the Inside

Post by Sir Seizhak » Oct 18th, 2011, 10:20

Hi Postmortem :D

I have two little problems. I have a portcullis with a switch but it doesn't work properly. By the way I applied Alt-F3 y Alt-F4 correctly. Here is the settings.
Switch:

Type: 20: Toggle switch
TX ID: 121
Cmd: 8: Toogle Lock

[X] Going ON
[X] Going OFF
[X] Push

Note: Cmd: 8: Toogle Lock generates 'It's locked' message when player push the door (Like in E1M3 when you push the lift doors the first time you enter the train).

Sprite:

RX ID: 121
Cmd: 1: ON
[X] Going ON
[X] Going OFF
[X] Locked
[X] Interruptable

Sector:

Type: 602: Z Motion SPRITE
OFF->ON
busyTime: 10
ON->OFF
busyTime: 10

I changed [X] Locked and [X] Interruptable in sprite and sector and doesn't run. I don't know where to put this functions.

The second problem is with Star Trek door. Here is the settings.

Switch:

Type: 20: Toggle switch
TX ID: 123
Cmd: 8: Toogle Lock

[X] Going ON
[X] Going OFF
[X] Push

Door faces:

RX ID: 123
Cmd: 3: toggle
[X] Going ON
[X] Going OFF
[X] Locked
[X] Interruptable

Sector:

Type: 614: Slide Marked
RX ID: 123
OFF->ON
busyTime: 20
ON->OFF
busyTime: 20

Thanks in advance :P.
Cabal's Return Add-On. Wait for it.

BloodHispano. The best Spanish Blood website!

NoOne
Pink on the Inside

Post by NoOne » Oct 19th, 2011, 04:15

You can put this map file here?
NoOne

Sir Seizhak
Pink on the Inside

Post by Sir Seizhak » Oct 19th, 2011, 11:41

Yes :D. I removed a lot of the structure. Doors only.

EJE.rar - 0.00MB

Thanks!

NoOne
Pink on the Inside

Post by NoOne » Oct 22nd, 2011, 10:38

Z-Motion sprite:
Wrong TX channel on door inclusion. At you it is registered TX 116, but it is necessary TX 121.

Slide Marked:
At walls (are allocated red) it is necessary to put down TX value and as Trigger On Flags: Push that will mean that action is activated by pressing a wall. At sector which will move it necessary to put down such RX, value which will be at a wall, but they shouldn't coincide.

True example:
Walls
RX: 123
TX: 124
x Push

Sector:
RX 124
NoOne

Sir Seizhak
Pink on the Inside

Post by Sir Seizhak » Oct 22nd, 2011, 13:58

Thanks NoOne!

I tested the setup for slide door and now works correctly.

TX number was rigth in Z Motion SPRITE. I believe you looked another switch that I forget to delete it. Sorry XD.

I take the solution for Slide Door to my portcullis. Here's the correct configuration:

Swicth:
TX ID: 121
Cmd: 8: Toggle Lock.
[X] Going ON
[X] Going OFF
[X] Push

Sprite door:

TX ID: 127
Cmd: 1: ON
[X] Going ON
[X] Going OFF
[X] Push
[X] Locked
[X] Interruptable

Sector:

Type: 602: Z MOtion SPRITE
RX ID: 127
OFF->ON
busytime: 10
wave: 1: linear
[X]Waittime: 30
ON->OFF
busytime: 10
wave: 1: linear

Thanks again, NoOne :D.

Jerry
Still Kicking

Post by Jerry » Feb 13th, 2012, 15:16

Another question from me :)

In E2M6 there's a piece of ice in front of the building, that breaks upon entering and changes it's floor slope. I don't have any idea how Monolith did that and I had no success in re-creating this effect. Will anybody help?
I want Jo-Jo! I want Jo-Jo! Jo-Jo! JO-JOOOO!

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Feb 13th, 2012, 16:03

I know in theory how it works.. but can't figure out how to do it.. the wall marked as blue needs to stick to the bobbing water sector somehow.. they need to be "linked" together.. so only the top half of the ice sector is affected by the z-motion.. i noticed the ice part was bobbing too even though it wasn't marked to do that... that's why I came to this conclusion.. I'm still trying to figure it out..

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Feb 13th, 2012, 17:22

btw. found a new "easter egg" on that map.. :D dive down in the water with current and use "eva galli" to go through the path blocked by stones.. when you reach the end of that path Caleb will utter "don't waste my time". Don't know if this was known already.. but new to me.

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Feb 13th, 2012, 17:48

Jerry wrote:Another question from me :)

In E2M6 there's a piece of ice in front of the building, that breaks upon entering and changes it's floor slope. I don't have any idea how Monolith did that and I had no success in re-creating this effect. Will anybody help?
Can't get it working... would be interested to know how this was done too.. I think a similar effect is used on the floor in e1m8 when entering the house of horrors.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Dec 2nd, 2012, 22:44

Hey all.

Is there a way to get rid of all weapons Caleb has in the beginning of a level ? I'm thinking of something similar to the third level of Duke Nukem 3D. Duke gets emprisoned and when you get to the next level you have no more weapons nor anything. I'd be glad to hear if this feature is possible with Blood.

Thank you !
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Dec 3rd, 2012, 02:07

How it works in Duke is that the player takes damage (from a hardcoded floor texture) at the same time as they get spawned into the level, which removes any weapons they might have.

If reverting only to the pitchfork is possible, I have no clue how it can be done, but it's very unlikely this same behaviour is present in Blood as well since it's clearly meant for E1L3 in Duke3D.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Dec 3rd, 2012, 07:26

Le Babe wrote:Hey all.

Is there a way to get rid of all weapons Caleb has in the beginning of a level ? I'm thinking of something similar to the third level of Duke Nukem 3D. Duke gets emprisoned and when you get to the next level you have no more weapons nor anything. I'd be glad to hear if this feature is possible with Blood.

Thank you !
Not possible at this time. Although an interesting tidbit is that you get the effect if you type in the Lara Croft cheat twice, but that's obviously useless for your purposes.

I've recreated the ice slope effect before, but I can't remember how it's done at this time and I haven't had access to Blood for some time now (tied in with no Internet).
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand