Blood usermaps and Mapedit queries.

Discussion about editing and mapping for Blood.
VGAce
Still Kicking

Re: Blood usermaps and Mapedit queries.

Post by VGAce » Aug 14th, 2011, 18:31

the fog entry in the ini is useless in the retail and the alt+f command only is in mapedit to preview fog made with the ini option fog = 1 (not working in the final version)
it works in the alpha ingame when fog = 1 is set in <mapname>.def
is there anything to make the fog work in the retail i mean its even described in the syntax help at the start of an ini but the fog setting seems to be ignored it does not do anything

other questions by me:

how do i set the material for hitsound and jumplanding of an newly added tile (flesh,stone,wood etc) ?
how to make dudes walk at the ceiling as in bloody pulp fiction carnival level ?

Jerry
Still Kicking

Post by Jerry » Aug 14th, 2011, 21:28

VGAce wrote:the fog entry in the ini is useless in the retail and the alt+f command only is in mapedit to preview fog made with the ini option fog = 1 (not working in the final version)
it works in the alpha ingame when fog = 1 is set in <mapname>.def
is there anything to make the fog work in the retail i mean its even described in the syntax help at the start of an ini but the fog setting seems to be ignored it does not do anything
Indeed. There's also another way to make the fog effect, as seen in Hostile Takeover: mark everything's palookup as 1 and set max depth cueing. It should look like a real fog.
VGAce wrote:how do i set the material for hitsound and jumplanding of an newly added tile (flesh,stone,wood etc) ?
Sorry. I can't help you with this. I only know it has something to do with Editart... or was it Artedit?
VGAce wrote:how to make dudes walk at the ceiling as in bloody pulp fiction carnival level ?
I believe they weren't really walking at the ceiling. They were only turned upside down with the "F" button.
I want Jo-Jo! I want Jo-Jo! Jo-Jo! JO-JOOOO!

NoOne
Pink on the Inside

Post by NoOne » Aug 14th, 2011, 22:45

Fog which is caused by keys "Ctrl+Alt + - \+". This blackout sector or lighting (visibility). The option in INI file about which speaks VGAce is applied that at adjustment loading visibility didn't get off. Such bug is in Blood. It described Le Babe in a topic about mine addon.

Visibility it is possible to adjust for each sector and to apply a palette "1". Then it will be possible to make FOG under diffirent areas (for example if map have street and buildings), unlike fog which is caused on Ctrl+F and fills all map.
NoOne

VGAce
Still Kicking

Post by VGAce » Aug 15th, 2011, 00:48

Yes i know the fog you can do with alt+p1 but unfortunately it does not make enemies dissapear in fog
take a look at this both top is with ctrl+f and (how it should look if the fog was working)
and below is just only altp1

NoOne
Pink on the Inside

Post by NoOne » Aug 15th, 2011, 05:08

BTW, you are really right are I hasn't considered.
Theoretically, probably to create an artificial fog (without Ctrl+F and visibility) some other way. It is possible to add in an ART-file simple gray sprite, and then to place them on a map like rain sprites.

I have also other theory how to force Ctrl+F to work in strictly certain place. But she demands careful check. :)
NoOne

VGAce
Still Kicking

Post by VGAce » Aug 16th, 2011, 07:24

unfortunately having a lot of alpha sprites above each to create fog/weather effect (rain,snow) can cause a big performance hit but its fine for use in some places only yes but the sight would not become better the more near player gets to the fog like the effect from alpha version does correctly

VGAce
Still Kicking

Post by VGAce » Aug 18th, 2011, 10:06

SECTOR COPY ?:
How to copy sectors right?

i tryied this:
select sector i want to copy with left alt
hit insert to stamp/duplicate it
move the duplicated sector where i want it to be and hit left alt again to unselect

now have the sector in 2d view duplicated but in 3d view it does not exist. what am i doing wrong? please help

TILE MATERIAL(SOUND):
how to set the material(soundeffect on hit or jumpland) of a tile
i know its set within artedit or editart somehow but no matter how hard i mash the keyboard buttons in there cant seem to find out :/

VGAce
Still Kicking

Post by VGAce » Aug 18th, 2011, 18:07

Thanks to Daedolon who informed me in chat that stamped sector needs to be placed in another sector with the same shape/outlines as the to be copied this question is already answered leaving only my second question open on how to set the "material" for tiles

VGAce
Still Kicking

Post by VGAce » Aug 29th, 2011, 17:51

jerry thats not true midis over 25k play well ingame

Jerry
Still Kicking

Post by Jerry » Aug 30th, 2011, 14:40

VGAce wrote:jerry thats not true midis over 25k play well ingame
Huh... what? I assume you are reffering to this thread. Well, I'm not quite sure about the max. size of midis. If you know more information about it, please tell us.

VGAce
Still Kicking

Post by VGAce » Aug 30th, 2011, 15:27

Sorry for confusion jerry i was reading a post from you here in this thread somewhere back where you said midi files can not be over 25k when ineed you can use files over 25k dunno if there is any restriction with the filesize
made me a selection of midis fitting for blood to hear along playing usermaps for a little variety and some are above 25k still they work well (i put them in the sounds.rff)

Jerry
Still Kicking

Post by Jerry » Aug 30th, 2011, 19:13

The fact that anybody doesn't know the max size of midis is very annoying. It is just a trifle but... WE ARE THE POSTY! I will have to solve this unpleasant thing soon... :bat:

Jerry
Still Kicking

Post by Jerry » Sep 5th, 2011, 11:47

Yep, done. I have tried a lot of midis and the result is: The max. size of a midi file is exactly 64kb.

VGAce
Still Kicking

Post by VGAce » Sep 5th, 2011, 19:04

that was my guess 64k thanks for taking the time to test out the midi size limit jerry
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another thing:
in the map kalitha (also known as dead.zip) there is different depth cueing/fog limits set within sectors
notice the brighter room in the back :

this shot was taken standing on the same place looking left/right
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=17497

how can i make a room thats bright lead into a darker area without use of alt+p ? (i checked in mapedit both rooms are alt+p 0) this map definately has different fog distances set!
another series of pictures showing walking from bright into dark: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/17495

Jerry
Still Kicking

Post by Jerry » Sep 6th, 2011, 00:36

These two sectors have different Visibility values set. You can adjust this by (Ctrl+Alt+D) and +/-

(And I should teach myself to use this feature in my maps at last! :bastard: )