Blood usermaps and Mapedit queries.

Discussion about editing and mapping for Blood.
HenitoKisou
New user

Re: Blood usermaps and Mapedit queries.

Post by HenitoKisou » Apr 28th, 2015, 23:03

Now if only Blood has native ladder climbing feature without awkward mapping tricks... :P

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » May 1st, 2015, 07:30

Remember reading somewhere that ladders were planned but scrapped due to time constraints or somehing.

And this is not hard to believe because of the ladder tiles.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » May 21st, 2015, 16:22

I have a fresh copy of v1.21 installed with v1.21 of Mapedit Plasma Pak edition. How do I select Plasma Pak enemies? I bring up the menu to place sprites (Alt + S) select Enemy and I'm met with a partial list of enemies to place, I can't even select a Stone Gargoyle. At first I thought maybe theirs a sub-menu for each enemy type, such as hitting a second key to see additional Cultists under the first choice but pressing numerous hotkeys didn't reveal this so have I done something wrong?

I used 'BARF blood.rff -x' to extract the retail maps to look at various official maps and the editor can see the Plasma Pak enemies fine in Episode 6.

It is better to light a candle then to curse the darkness...

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » May 21st, 2015, 16:57

The enemy placement is an imperfect creature when using that system. What you'll have to do to place the opponents which aren't there is enter 2D mode, move your mouse over a sprite and edit it to assign it the value of the monster with the data available there.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Sir Seizhak
Pink on the Inside

Post by Sir Seizhak » Jun 7th, 2015, 09:57

Press Alt-T on the sprite. Check this list, choose the enemy, and write the number. Then, press enter... and done.
Cabal's Return Add-On. Wait for it.

BloodHispano. The best Spanish Blood website!