Blood usermaps and Mapedit queries.

Discussion about editing and mapping for Blood.
psychosomatic

Blood usermaps and Mapedit queries.

Post by psychosomatic » Mar 29th, 2004, 22:23

:twisted: We should keep a list of blood maps that are available, maps that we would like to play but have been unable to find, or maps that we have and would like to share with others. I myself have spent much time combing the interweb looking for blood related items, and it seems that much is disappearing, fast. An archive is required to halt entropic loss. Anyhoo...."Lay on, Macduff, and curs'd be he that cry hold, enough".

DustyStyx
Still Kicking

Post by DustyStyx » Mar 30th, 2004, 00:04

What maps do you have?

Post by Guest » Mar 30th, 2004, 04:27

Cruaich wrote:What maps do you have?
I have everything that is publicly available, including stuff I got offa Corvin, plus stuff i spent hours dredging on the internet for. I think you might be missing the point, imho. what I am interested in is creating a public repository of information (a 'snapshot') if you will, of all available adjuncts for blood. Like it or not, this scene is almost f*cked and gone. Have you checked the kind of assholes living on the official 'chosen' forum? Pah! Smaller minds I have not seen. It matters little what you guys think, cause 9 of 10 blood sites that were around 2 or 3 years ago are gone. If you want anyone to remember blood, I think it's gonna have to happen. with only two authors I know of releasing new levels (a hand for Dwayne Anderson & Daedalus Deathmask, please folks), there is a dire need for solid archiving, in order to retain the past. I thought, people might be interested.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Mar 30th, 2004, 09:11

About the maps anyway, I decided to put every available Blood map on the server. I'd just need help collecting them, as scirmast is writing guides and I can't make him to do everything.

Any volunteers for collecting maps, just post a reply on this topic.

I made this topic sticky, so everyone who comes to the forum later, sees it.

psychosomatic

Post by psychosomatic » Mar 31st, 2004, 02:03

Atm I am sorting through a 26mb file that the rebuild team left on fileplanet, it was all the blood levels that they could find 'on the net. The only thing is that it's incredibly tangled up 'n' disorganised. So as i sort it, I guess I can mail 'em to Daedolon. Could you post the file names to this sticky as they come in, that way we won't double up. cool.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Mar 31st, 2004, 12:30

We rather take all with readme-files, so everyone know who's map it is. Later on we could make a section for unsorted maps.

psychosomatic

Post by psychosomatic » Apr 1st, 2004, 01:03

Nono, there are readmes with same names but they are not with the files, they need to be sorted for at least 50% of maps in zip.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Apr 1st, 2004, 08:22

Keeping them style mapname.map with a mapname.txt should do fine, just send them either packed within one big file (that has many mapname.zip files inside it), or one big file with the separate .txt and .map files.

Your call, just msg me when you're ready to send me something.

scirmast
New user

Post by scirmast » Apr 4th, 2004, 21:56

Well, I just got the full archive of Game leaders maps. 520 files, untested. But I seriously warn you: 97% of them are total crap. Although I have to admit I have far higher demands than most people.
Get off my train!

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Apr 27th, 2004, 09:31

Scirmast, if you find the time, it would be nice that we'd have at least a small bunch of usermaps ready for uploading when I update the site.

scirmast
New user

Post by scirmast » Apr 27th, 2004, 20:00

Kruna, I'm not looking for half-decend jobs. I'm looking for at least close to retail maps quality, and I have my doubts there are that many so good. I admit I'm a perfectionist.

Daed, yes, right now I have nothing but time on my hands. I'm sure some hours will be used for Blood map testing, but I need to arrance my daily schedule. I'll contact you.
Get off my train!

mouth
Lightly Broiled

Post by mouth » Oct 15th, 2004, 12:32

Some of my maps are on Gameleader (3 of them), 4 and 3 years old now. One of them is actually good for BB.
Long live the new flesh!

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Oct 15th, 2004, 12:36

Sad to say but, Gameleader is no more. :cry:

That's why we're taking action, I'm in the progress of making the usermaps page to The Postmortem.

mouth
Lightly Broiled

Post by mouth » Oct 23rd, 2004, 00:15

You can still download Blood maps from the gameleader though. I mean, if you still havent :) ...

This url still works -> http://members.fortunecity.com/gamelead ... d/map.html
Long live the new flesh!

Gandhi[ofDOOM]
New user

Post by Gandhi[ofDOOM] » Feb 14th, 2005, 21:25

hi. i'm relatively new to both blood and this forum. i see this thread hasn't been updated in a while, and i'm currently searching the web for some more blood maps and extra episodes, so i was wondering if this repository for maps was actually created.

if not, i'd appreciate it if someone would give me some hints as to where i could still find blood maps. i've already downloaded the stuff available on fileplanet, and am in the process of doing the same with gameleader. anything else i should check out? thanks in advance.

(also, and i know this is a bit off topic, do any of you guys know any good sites for doom (1 & 2) wads that are still online?)