Quote unquote

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Re: Quote unquote

Post by MoonStalkeR » Dec 21st, 2010, 00:47

I miss that show. Great comedy and stories.

Another one from the Grim Adventures of Bill and Mandy:
"I missed you... But my aim is improving."
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Post by morhlis » Dec 25th, 2010, 19:17

STATLER: Boo!
WALDORF: Boooo!
S: That was the worst thing I’ve ever heard!
W: It was terrible!
S: Horrendous!
W: Well it wasn’t that bad.
S: Oh, yeah?
W: Well, there were parts of it I liked!
S: Well, I liked alot of it.
W: Yeah, it was GOOD actually.
S: It was great!
W: It was wonderful!
S: Yeah, bravo!
W: More!
S: More!
W: More!
S: More!
Cruentu Pestis Cruento Rudsceleratus Sum

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Dec 28th, 2010, 19:06

Bonds are mental attachments of sympathetic intelligence and are not determined by mimicing physiques.

A deficiency of imagination is a tarnished soul.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Jan 3rd, 2011, 15:56

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

- Krishnamurti

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think."

- Adolf Hitler

“A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.”

- Dresden James

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

- Mohandas Gandhi

morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Post by morhlis » Jan 13th, 2011, 22:43

Upon arriving in America Oscar Wilde was asked if he had anything to declare. He responded, "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
Cruentu Pestis Cruento Rudsceleratus Sum

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Jan 18th, 2011, 21:58

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws."

- Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jan 21st, 2011, 17:33

Said by Yamamoto Tsunetomo:

- If you are slain in battle, you should be resolved to have your corpse facing the enemy

- The supreme style of love is unknown love. If the affection is known by the beloved, that love is snob. If you sacrifice your life for the beloved, and she recognises your love after you die, your soul would be appraised
LOL HI!

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jan 21st, 2011, 20:44

^
Wholly interesting fellow. I riek.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jan 24th, 2011, 21:43

Said by Yamamoto Tsunetomo:

"... But even a person who is good for nothing and exceedingly clumsy will be a
reliable retainer if only he has the determination to think earnestly of his
master. Having only wisdom and talent is the lowest tier of usefulness."

"Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily. Every day when
one's body and mind are at peace, one should meditate upon being ripped apart
by arrows, rifles, spears and swords, being carried away by surging waves,
being thrown into the midst of a great fire, being struck by lightening, being
shaken to death by a great earthquake, falling from thousand foot cliffs,
dying of disease or committing seppuku at the death of one's master. And every
day without fail one should consider himself as dead
There is a saying of the elders' that goes, "Step from under the eaves and
you're a dead man. Leave the gate and the enemy is waiting." This is not a
matter of being careful. It is to consider oneself as dead beforehand."
LOL HI!

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Jan 26th, 2011, 16:33

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

- Hermann Goering

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Feb 15th, 2011, 00:50

'Sexual suppression supports the power of the church, which has sunk very deep roots into the exploited masses by means of sexual anxiety and guilt. It engenders timidity towards authority and binds children to their parents.

This results in adult subservience to state authority and to captialisitic exploitation. It paralyzes the intellectual critical powers of the oppressed masses because it consumes the greater part of biological energy.

Finally, it paralyzes the resolute development of creative forces and renders impossible the achievement of all aspirations for human freedom.

In this way the prevailing economic system (in which singlie individuals can easily rule entire masses) becomes rooted in the psychic structures of the oppressed themselves.'

- Wilhelm Reich

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Feb 15th, 2011, 01:52

Excellent quote. Shows exactly how organized religion oppresses people and this particular issue contributes to brainwashing. The complete sexual suppression of priests in Christianity also originated from the church saving funds so they don't have to take care of their families etc.
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Mar 11th, 2011, 23:06

Christanity is an encyclopedia of old pagan religions. Through my continual introspection on several subjects further refining the scopes of comprehension by maintaining a formless, open mind of water, the profanity lies not in Religion itself but it's construed defilement and gross misinterpretation by the collective multitude. Presumedly oweing to an epidemic of depandancy on looking outside of one's self for solutions and apathetic docility by followers, whom are incapable or willing to diligently study the confines of their appointed tome, and would rather have any nonsensical belief spoon fed to their appropriately unfocused minds, to serve as a quick patch for discomfort arising from relinquishing sovereignty of thought. Perhaps their feeble state stems from their gluttonous attachment to materialism and egotistic pursuits while allowing the world to crumble to dust.

'"Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit with which to tackle the big challenges; it should allow you to find values which will be your road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are, whomever you are with; it should teach you what is important, how to live and how to die."

John Taylor Gatto

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Jul 8th, 2011, 01:11

'"The fact that millions of people share the same vices does not make these vices virtues, the fact that they share so many errors does not make the errors to be truths, and the fact that millions of people share the same form of mental pathology does not make these people sane."

- Erich Fromm

"Mankind’s self-alienation has reached such a degree that it can experience its own destruction as an aesthetic pleasure of the first order."

- Jerry Mander

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jul 8th, 2011, 05:07

Krypto wrote:'"The fact that millions of people share the same vices does not make these vices virtues, the fact that they share so many errors does not make the errors to be truths, and the fact that millions of people share the same form of mental pathology does not make these people sane."

- Erich Fromm
I've been looking for this quote for a while. Thank you for bringing it up, Krypto!
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."