A warm-Blooded welcome to all our users.

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Six
New user

Re: A warm-Blooded welcome to all our users.

Post by Six » Sep 1st, 2011, 18:53

Le Babe wrote:We have some girls here Six, and there are not ugly at all ^^.
Haha

Not that a persons appearance matters to me, but it's good to know i guess.

It's a surprise really, considering of how little females populate communities such as these. They're too interested in their Wii's and DS handhelds. My missus has a whole library of DS games, it's shocking.

However, male or female, its just nice to know Blood is still appreciated.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Sep 1st, 2011, 19:21

Six wrote:They're too interested in their Wii's and DS handhelds
PREPOSTEROUS!
LOL HI!

Six
New user

Post by Six » Sep 2nd, 2011, 13:31

Only from the one's i know personally. The consoles aren't bad, but the classics should still deserve some love too :)

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Sep 5th, 2011, 21:47

Welcome Six!

I agree that Posty is well hidden on the internet :shock:
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Sep 5th, 2011, 21:57

MoonStalkeR wrote:I agree that Posty is well hidden on the internet :shock:
I would fix this if I knew how, searching for "The Postmortem" yields good results, but anything Blood, not so much.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Sep 5th, 2011, 22:02

Google uses magical algorithms for the returns. It factors in keywords, activity levels and all sorts of things. We're sort of stuffed on the activity level aspect.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Sep 5th, 2011, 22:05

P.S. Bing's the new white, which was the new black.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Sep 12th, 2011, 14:04

*sticks his head in*

Oh!

The wolf welcomes you, Six! I do hope you stay awhile!

...staaaaay forreeever!
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Sep 14th, 2011, 13:32

An additional secret is revealed:

Seems we have a potential new user: Tchaikovsky! His details are all filled in, he's performed the necessary Blood-rites and he's even got an avatar, but he has yet to post.

I used to think that when users had avatars they were bound to the board forever, but Morhlis' departure and even Six's sudden silence after the rapid Posty visit have shaken my faith!

Mateos
New user

Post by Mateos » Sep 14th, 2011, 13:41

Hey, look at me: I've been inactive for months and now I post again :P (Thanks to the post notification through mail of the Six post, but shhh)

These forums has been the first I thought when I saw the Blood II Texture Package and the Co-Op mod, as I follow both games on ModDB.

sjampansee
New user

Hello it's sjampansee

Post by sjampansee » Aug 3rd, 2012, 06:56

I stumbled upon this site years ago. When i was replaying classic games such as DooM, Duke Nukem 3D, Rise of the Triad. When i first heard about a source port and what it did, i was replaying DooM with JDOOM and ZDOOM ports. Soon my thirst to being caleb in a modern Jacket begin to grow and i searched far and wide over the internet and found this site. I made a link to it on my start page, and revisited it every now and then. It seems that Daedalus is a really big fan that knows the ins and outs of this game. And kept this community mature and alive. I appreciate that. I came back today to see that Jace had reacted to make a serious attempt for bringing the game back. Thats nice! I was so excited i wanted to react on the thread but then i realised i havent even properly introduced myself to the community of Post Mortem!
I am Gurkan from the Netherlands. I am 33 years young, and i love first person shooters. I play in a clan www.warenegades.com and mostly play modern games like battlefield 3. But the urge to kill some demon spawn in DooM still is in my Ape Heart! Lately i have been collecting doom wads again and give the updated source ports a spin , playing with new monsters that are fan made is cool too... Then again, even though i own GoG's dosboxed version of blood i cannot wait for a proper windows 7 port for blood, but yeah everybody here wants that :)

Mateos
New user

Post by Mateos » Aug 3rd, 2012, 11:42

There's an HD remake of Rise of Triad, saw it yesterday on PC Gamer FB, but that's offtopic :)

Alowishus
New user

Post by Alowishus » Aug 3rd, 2012, 18:35

Salutations humans.

I'm really not quite sure what i have to say here. I saw the news of the "remake" of Blood on my facebook newsfeed and decided to pop over.

Blood is definitely a fantastic fps and with the years i've spent playing Doom on Zdaemon and Skulltag a move for Blood onto a similar format is definitely exciting.

I am actually the admin of a Steam "Blood" group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/buildblood so feel free to sign up for that. It was originally created to attempt to set up some games on Meltdown or Yang - mostly the former which unfortunately not too many people play on, or if they do they are playing Duke! So there isn't really too much activity going on there, not to mention that Meltdown can be a bit fiddley.

I'm also playing through Blood 2 on my youtube channel - w/ annotated commentary. I have never played it before and i am finding it to be a total disappointment. There are seriously some problems with it.

So yeah i'm Alowishus and i am from Ireland. What's up?

Mateos
New user

Post by Mateos » Aug 4th, 2012, 00:00

Welcome o/

Joined your group, I would recommend to remove Meltdown, with all the mess it has been in the "community"...

Also hoping Blood Source will see a real reboot :)

Alowishus
New user

Post by Alowishus » Aug 4th, 2012, 00:22

I'm not actually aware of what you are referring to with regards to Meltdown. I don't really follow stuff like that but i'll remove it anyway!