A warm-Blooded welcome to all our users.

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Re: A warm-Blooded welcome to all our users.

Post by Daedalus » Apr 16th, 2013, 07:27

I let that one through, but I think it's a new breed of bot. Don't answer its question! It's likely a veiled effort to analyse our weaknesses to prepare for assimilation!
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Apr 16th, 2013, 11:51

HeavenWraith wrote:I've been given an assignment to analyze Blood from the political viewpoint, so here I am. Apparently ZBlood is not Blood and won't cut it, I have to do everything over and will be expecting this socially and politically attractive user palette to help me out.
Excellent, sir. Yesterday's #thepostmortem shitstorm has garnered new Blood!

You have two days for a complete Blood playthrough, then you may proceed with your political analysis. Please thoroughly wipe memory of ZBlood, on both your brain and hard drive. I still have the name down of whoever told you it's "the same" as the original.

If your memory serves you well, an old clanmate may be spotted. That is ancient history, though...
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Apr 16th, 2013, 14:20

Oh damn, was there more drama that I missed? Are there delicious screamshots?
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Apr 17th, 2013, 20:15

A joyous welcome to Hendrick, Heavenwraith and Mobius from myself :D
It is better to light a candle then to curse the darkness...

stormszero
New user

New guy says "Hi!"

Post by stormszero » Apr 28th, 2013, 21:47

Hi all,

Freshy introduced to this site and I thought I'd drop a quick note and greet y'all.
I don't think I've stumbled across a definite Blood site before, at least not in recent years.

With my 29 years I remember playing Blood all back from the shareware and finally getting my hands on a full, registered, boxed Blood after, at the time, begging my father to drive me to the nearest big city with several computer stores. Surprisingly few resellers had Blood in Denmark, but when I was about to give up, there it was, and it be mine.

I've been doing quite a lot of mapping (although I never got to publish any) and still remember the bane of my existence back then, the Z-Motion SPRITE, which I finally conquered.

The happiness didn't last forever, though. In a stroke of utter carelessness, I dropped the Blood CD on the floor, and with even greater carelessness, my friend drove over it with his officechair, breaking it in two.
Being creative, I realized that I could actually use tape to reassemble the Blood CD (and successfully re-install it, I might add). At that time I had a 8x CD-ROM drive. At a later time, when 50x CD-ROM (the numbers really mattered back then!) were introduced, I decided that I wanted to play Blood. I happily put the taped-together CD-ROM into the drive and when it spun up, chaos ensued as the poor Blood CD literally exploded inside the drive. Blood was lost. No copies were found in the stores and I could under no circumstances get permission to order a new copy from Monolith.

Oh, the memories.
Blood is safely back with me, although I had to secure an original copy through eBay.

I'm still playing Blood and I've started to fool around in mapedit again, although I have to read up on all the shortcuts that I've forgotten!

Looking forward for the future.

All the best,
Storm

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Apr 28th, 2013, 23:18

Welcome, stormszero.

May you enjoy your stay and be blessed by the Mapedit gods on your future endeavors.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Apr 29th, 2013, 02:33

Greetings stormszero,

The shattering of a Blood experience for many years to come is an event that will activate strong inner turbulence, especially if locating the game was such an huge quest. I can imagine the frantic but noble attempts of desperately trying to revive the disc until it gets gibbed. I can slightly relate too, some people who I lent games to would return them in horrendous condition, as if they fried bacon on disc's underside, and I (unsuccessfully) made attempts to repair them. It wasn't as critical as what happened to your game, of course, it went out with a bang...

Do you remember how many years ago you tried the shareware?
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

stormszero
New user

Post by stormszero » Apr 29th, 2013, 13:38

Thanks both of you for the warm and kind reception :-)
MoonStalkeR wrote:Do you remember how many years ago you tried the shareware?
I am not 100% sure, but I am fairly sure it was in or around 1997. I had previously been enjoying Doom alot (I had the original Doom games as well along with box, manuels and the old-school 3,5" install floppys - they were lost when a so-called "friend" of mine decided not to give them back).

Some of my friends ask why on earth I'd still play an old game but so far I learned that each and every person who have asked the question hasn't played Blood. Probably not a coincidence... ;-)
Pretty much anyone have played Doom, but surprisingly few know Blood, which is, really, a shame.

/Storm

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Apr 29th, 2013, 13:44

Back in the times when stuff wasn't available just download away. Was magical to get something you wanted for long time. Welcome to the forums.
LOL HI!

stormszero
New user

Post by stormszero » Apr 29th, 2013, 23:02

You're exactly right. Back then, I could only download with around 0,3-0,7 kilobytes pr second, and when it was going crazy fast it might just peak at 1,5 kb/sec for a very short while. I couldn't even imagine downloading Blood back then, and probably it wouldn't have been a happy ending for the phone bill either (dialup internet).

It's kinda remarkable where we are today, seen from a technological standpoint, and even though we can be impressed by today's graphical standards, and still I play Blood or do weird things with Blood. No earlier than today was I extracting strings from the blood.exe binary to satisfy my curiosity... :)

DubTheTruth
New user

Post by DubTheTruth » Jun 21st, 2013, 01:40

Long, horrible bump. Yay.

Hey, I'm going by DubTheTruth, but you can call me any one of those words...I wouldn't suggest The, though; but hey, whatever floats your boat.

I first played Blood when I was 6 (a good and ripe age to be playing such a game) when my dad introduced me to it. He deleted the map editor for who knows why...Anyways, Blood has been one of my favorite games since then, probably in the top 3 or so, and the only other FPS I'd even consider putting up there with Blood is Serious Sam (another game my dad introduced to me.) I remember playing the game on my crappy laptop with win98 back about 5 years ago...and today I just picked it up from GOG (on the laptop I have today) and ran it again. Oh man, I've never loved blood (the actual stuff and the game) so much. I always wanted to try the map editor, but I never have been able to since it was deleted off of my CD. But with the GOG version, hopefully I'll make something cool!

So, yeah. Enjoy my blood, cause I sure as hell do. :twisted:

Snehk
New user

Post by Snehk » Mar 4th, 2015, 21:56

Hi, I'm Snehk.

I was a lurker here for a while, but I decided that time has come to show myself.

A few years ago I was looking for DOS era games on the web, and stumbled upon a site with abandonware games. I looked for something interesting or memorable, but I couldn't find anything... except Blood. I was intrigued by the screamshots. The description provided by the website haven't given me much information about that game though. A few weeks later a strange idea suddenly came to me, I wanted to play Blood. As if the game was hiding in the darkest reaches of my soul, and slowly resurfacing. So I downloaded the abandonware version first, to see what's this game about. I was amazed by it. Everything was great! Weapons, enemies, theme and soundtrack. Never played so simple, brutal and yet entertaining game before. I searched the web if the game still has some fans, and found The-Postmortem. Then the lurking began. Now I'm proud owner of One Unit Whole Blood from GOG.com and every so often come back to Blood. This is the time to join fellow Bloodites in our last stand.

Also, sorry for the huge bump in the thread.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Mar 8th, 2015, 21:36

Welcome, Snehk.

Always a pleasure to see more fans appear out of the rift that spans dimensions, but whether you remain a consistent member of these hallowed halls, only time will tell..

If your looking for additional Blood content to satisfy your thirst, I recommend the following sites for the latest archived custom maps and mods.

http://www.moddb.com/games/blood/mods

http://blood.freeminded.de/index.php?section=home

http://www.dukertcm.com/knowledge-base/ ... od-addons/
It is better to light a candle then to curse the darkness...

Snehk
New user

Post by Snehk » Mar 9th, 2015, 18:15

Thanks! I'll definitely check these sites!

L3GEND
Still Kicking

Post by L3GEND » Mar 11th, 2015, 16:56

Welcome !
you can also check the blood bank :
https://archive.bloodline.eu/
I collect over 3000 blood based files ( images, maps, addons, videos, sounds etc. ) :D

https://bloodline.eu -regularly posted news, regularly new things
https://archive.bloodline.eu - the biggest blood bank ever made, over 2700 bloody files, from week to week more.
support our work and register !