A warm-Blooded welcome to all our users.

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Mateos
New user

Re: A warm-Blooded welcome to all our users.

Post by Mateos » Aug 3rd, 2012, 21:48

Stuff like stolen source code, said to be original and new, and a launcher said to be "by the community, for the community"... A community of 3 or 4 guys, lol. But that's offtopic and non-Blood related :P

Meltdown and an other "launcher" a bit older which died quickly (And from same author) are based on the last released YANG source, quite old. They did DDOS the YANG master server, etc etc.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Aug 4th, 2012, 10:28

Hi, Alowishus ! Good to hear you play Blood 2. It is quite a failure as a Blood sequel but I find the game quite enjoyable anyway. Caleb does the trick with his sentences and all.
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

hellrazor
New user

Post by hellrazor » Aug 4th, 2012, 17:18

Hey guys, I'm hellrazor. Glad to be here.

I'm more of a forum lurker. I hardly post, but I am kind of looking to do it more.

I like to think I am a hardcore fan of 'oldschool' FPS. Doom, Quake, Duke, Blood (obviously I guess). Haven't played Shadow Warrior. There's something about the formula of those games that just never really gets old for me. About once every year I get a serious itch to play all of those games. It's really cool to see that games like these still have a very active CULT FOLLOWING. It's a testament to just how great they (including Blood) are.

Well I just figured I would come here and introduce myself and say some things about what Blood means to me and whatnot. Alright. I'm going to go pick a avatar/pic/whatever now. buh bye now.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Aug 4th, 2012, 17:31

I guess Dime scolded you? :lol:

Don't take it too hard, and welcome!

hellrazor
New user

Post by hellrazor » Aug 4th, 2012, 17:35

Heh yeah. My post in Jace Hall's greeting/Blood ideas got deleted. I was only mildly butthurt. No harm done!

Thanks for the welcome!

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Aug 4th, 2012, 18:03

Hello Sjampansee, Alowishus and Hellrazor!

Glad to have you folks with us! One can never have too many cultists grouped together!

Condolences on the deletion, Hellrazor. This all fell on us rather quickly, and early on it came to a point where I was getting complaints from users that the thread was being filled with people just looking to send their greetings and not speak on Jace's idea. We are extremely relaxed around here, but we draw the line when it comes to the Blood section, and while it really is fantastic news that Jace is here, his thread is ultimately about his vision and his intent here might've been hindered with a wave of ten thousand posts of simple greeting.

Thanks for your understanding, gents. Keep it flowing!
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

hellrazor
New user

Post by hellrazor » Aug 4th, 2012, 18:10

Thanks, I understand completely. I haven't browsed too many boards/topics yet, but I get the impression that this is a very easy-going community.

Also want to say that I appreciate all the Blood puns. :)

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Aug 4th, 2012, 18:15

hellrazor wrote:Also want to say that I appreciate all the Blood puns. :)
I hope you like Blade Runner too, then.

It seems we're a Blood forum during weekends but strictly Blade Runner during weekdays, lol.

hellrazor
New user

Post by hellrazor » Aug 4th, 2012, 18:54

Yeah I like Blade Runner. I also like The Thing.

Edit: Actually, "like" is an understatement.

sjampansee
New user

Post by sjampansee » Aug 4th, 2012, 21:15

Yeah Daedalus thank you for the warm welcome, and Dime don't worry about him. We need people like him that keeps a sharp eye on these forums, i like the way he acts when there is something that isnt supposed to be in the forums, he moved / deleted mine a bit too but never had hard feelings, i hope he has no hard feelings of all the extra work we brought to him , it was more like spontaneous without thinking posts than anything else ;-)

Ingsoc
New user

Post by Ingsoc » Aug 5th, 2012, 23:08

Hello I'm IngSoc, and I'm (obviously) new to the forum. I was indicated to this by a friend of mine, Joebama. I like the good old games, like DooM, Blood, Quake, and even a bit of Carmageddon. There is not much to say for now, actually, but yeah, good to be in the forum :P .

Suture
Doin' Thangs

Post by Suture » Aug 5th, 2012, 23:46

I suppose I never actually properly introduced myself here either, and I've been registered for over a year. :P

Well, I'm widely known as Joebama now after a lengthy name changing process, and I love classic games as do most of the others here (obviously). Proud to be part of this community based around the act of spilling Blood.
Dimebog wrote:Start fearing my dick and stop spamming.

HybridSnyper
New user

Post by HybridSnyper » Aug 6th, 2012, 11:57

Hi all!

First off, yes, I registered specifically so I could contribute my two cents to Jace Hall's post. But no, it's not just going to be a simple "Wow, Jace Hall! Cool!" post.

More importantly, I have been a Blood (and old school FPS in general) devotee since the game first came out. In fact, I still own my original CD and big box of Blood, bought at the now defunct CompUSA chain of stores (is it sad that I remember that?). They actually survived a housefire, and though the jewel case is a tad melty, the CD still plays just fine.

Blood is, without question, my favorite FPS of all-time. I love the genre really, but no game packs as much fun or atmosphere as Blood. It has been perpetually installed on every PC I've owned since its original release, and still sees regular play.

I also have a tendency to ramble, so I'll cut it short there.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Aug 6th, 2012, 19:28

Welcome here then ;p.
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Lunick
New user

Post by Lunick » Aug 8th, 2012, 08:14

Uh Hi, I'm Lunick.

Decided that I would hang around the site since the Jace Hall stuff. I thought I had an account here but I must have been dreaming when I made it.

I like most, if not all Build games and have really wanted to play Blood properly outside of DOSBox. I bought Blood earlier this year or last year I think on GOG.com and I own a CD here somewhere with a shareware version on it.

My Avatar picture? That's from Wrack.