Did someone say 'Blood emoticons' ?

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Requiem
Lightly Broiled

Did someone say 'Blood emoticons' ?

Post by Requiem » Jul 24th, 2006, 18:59

There was talk about it in another thread and I promised to deliver, well.. tada!

They're pretty basic I know but this is just the start, I'm open to all requests!

I had a bit of fun this afternoon:

I love the smell of Gasoline in the morning! :twisted:

One thing that baffles me somewhat is that I've looked through the art files several times and I'm missing The fanatic/prophet/zealot assets plus Cheogh's animation sprites which I find odd :?

One last thing if you're getting tired of shooting mimes in the Dark Carnival all the time, try out this clown instead:

So if the clowns replace the mimes, what happens to those annoying french bastards?

Heh heh heh.. it had to be done

:lol:
[quote="Umnir"]The final boss of HL.. It's like running on sharp glass, acid raining on you while there's two pineapples in your ass sideways and bulldogs are trying to eat your balls.[/quote]

oBe
The Mad Scientist

Post by oBe » Jul 24th, 2006, 19:25

Awesome.

The other cultists and Cheogh are just colourvariations of the cultist and the gargoyle so don't bother searching for them.

Hellen
Well Done

Post by Hellen » Jul 24th, 2006, 19:31

The napalm/gasoline/cultist-exploding-the-innocent smiley is teh best! You gotta make more of these.

Requiem
Lightly Broiled

Post by Requiem » Jul 24th, 2006, 19:42

Oh I plan to make more fun stuff, that one took over two hours to construct because I kept getting the timing wrong and stuff, animated gifs are so annoying when they're complicated.
oBe wrote:Awesome.

The other cultists and Cheogh are just colourvariations of the cultist and the gargoyle so don't bother searching for them.
Yeah I understand that but Cheogh and the standard gargoyle look a bit different, it's not like the engine can fuse Cheogh's idle animation with all the animations from the normal Gargoyle... can it?!!!
[quote="Umnir"]The final boss of HL.. It's like running on sharp glass, acid raining on you while there's two pineapples in your ass sideways and bulldogs are trying to eat your balls.[/quote]

Ra_Ra_Gazaa
New user

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa » Jul 24th, 2006, 20:01

Oh wow! Thanks for this Reqiuem!!!

EDIT: Were the mimes originally meant to be clowns then? Their art exists in the pallete?
Join my cult. It will teach you how to like Blood 2. :)

Requiem
Lightly Broiled

Post by Requiem » Jul 24th, 2006, 20:27

The clowns were conceived by carefully cloning parts of a screenshot from B2: Nightmare Levels and then hand painting in fine details :)

Ra_Ra_Gazaa
New user

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa » Jul 24th, 2006, 20:35

Oh yes, I see now! That was a cute level if you can disregard the face suckers in the merman tunnel.
Join my cult. It will teach you how to like Blood 2. :)

Radical25
New user

Post by Radical25 » Jul 26th, 2006, 01:27

Those are quite tasty indeed. I especially like the exploding innocent one.
"I only play power chords to piss you off."

Requiem
Lightly Broiled

Post by Requiem » Jul 26th, 2006, 18:38

Cheers :)

I'm working on a few more, I can't be bothered to keep working on them at the moment though, it's so hot here, it just puts me off even sitting in front of a computer most of the time!

BoneofFear
Pink on the Inside

Post by BoneofFear » Aug 13th, 2006, 22:47

I love em,just simply love em dude thanx,I'm using them on my msn messenger atm
I don't suffer from insanity,I'm enjoying every second of it. - Clan Malkavian

Requiem
Lightly Broiled

Post by Requiem » Aug 18th, 2006, 02:26

Gald to be of service :)

Any requests? I can't really think of any ideas myself, too occupied with other things, a reason why I haven't posted in awhile..

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Aug 20th, 2006, 09:11

Emoticons are supposed to convey emotions. What does a running zombie convey?

oBe
The Mad Scientist

Post by oBe » Aug 20th, 2006, 16:08

psuedozardozz wrote:Emoticons are supposed to convey emotions. What does a running zombie convey?
Either "Run!" or if you're brave and undead, "we're gonna need a bigger pitchfork" :wink:

Requiem
Lightly Broiled

Post by Requiem » Aug 20th, 2006, 19:46

psuedozardozz wrote:Emoticons are supposed to convey emotions. What does a running zombie convey?
Stop complaining or I'll set Tchernobog's little brother on you.. Image

I had some ideas for better ones but they haven't turned out so well..

An idea is to have one file with a cultist shooting and then another with a innocent running away from him. Not all emoticons define emotion, despite their name :)

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Aug 21st, 2006, 06:47

Considering some of those new talking "emoticons" don't even convey any emotion. What does a saluting sargeant convey? Or a robot face? Or a puppy dog for fuck's sakes!!
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...