Blood III Discussion

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
T93
New user

Re: Blood III Discussion

Post by T93 » Jan 4th, 2010, 16:03

Hellen wrote:Are you familiar with Lenin - First Blood
It's the one in the video i've put as ENC. in my previous post.
Also, Not the only one??

Hellen
Well Done

Post by Hellen » Jan 4th, 2010, 17:25

T93 wrote:It's the one in the video i've put as ENC. in my previous post.
Not it's not. At least the sounds shouldn't be like this. In "Lenin" version Caleb's one-liners are replaced with Lenin one-liners, cultists and zombies speak Russian too.
Also... I'm too lazy to search for the other ones(and don't want to upset Matt), but there're at least two of them. One is most notable because cultist language is replaced with ukrainian language(Рідна мова).

T93
New user

Post by T93 » Jan 4th, 2010, 17:39

Hellen wrote: Not it's not. At least the sounds shouldn't be like this. In "Lenin" version Caleb's one-liners are replaced with Lenin one-liners, cultists and zombies speak Russian too.
Also... I'm too lazy to search for the other ones(and don't want to upset Matt), but there're at least two of them. One is most notable because cultist language is replaced with ukrainian language(Рідна мова).
I've just figured out that it was the one you were talking about. LoL, i don't study russian, how could i know it :P

ilikemyhandsbloody
Lightly Broiled

Post by ilikemyhandsbloody » Jan 4th, 2010, 17:55

Mmm, what has Lenin to do with Caleb... Caleb isn't a communist that's for sure :D
He probably doesn't fit anywhere in the political spectrum, he's more like an anarchist.
http://www.youtube.com/bloodmapedit

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Jan 4th, 2010, 18:00

Daedalus wrote:If Blood wasn't so desperate for content, I'd have to impose some form of quality control.
It's too bad that you can't do that Matt, because it seems that apparently anything is accepted and tolerated by the community these days. But here's 2 final Blood related images for you, of something that could have been.

http://www.blood2r.com/Media/e1m7_new1.jpg

http://www.blood2r.com/Media/e1m7_new2.jpg

Unfortunately well done Blood related efforts aren't something that's really appreciated or supported by the community. That's certainly too bad, but I suppose that instead we will all have other things to look forward to in the future...

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Jan 4th, 2010, 18:30

That's nice, jupiter engine ? The graphics seem excellent on those pics :thumbsup: . Now add Ophelia !
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Jan 4th, 2010, 18:33

Le Babe wrote:That's nice, jupiter engine ? The graphics seem excellent on those pics :thumbsup: . Now add Ophelia !
Kurt's actually experimenting with the Unreal 3 engine currently. Yes the screenshots do look impressive...

T93
New user

Post by T93 » Jan 4th, 2010, 19:09

ilikemyhandsbloody wrote:Mmm, what has Lenin to do with Caleb... Caleb isn't a communist that's for sure :D
He probably doesn't fit anywhere in the political spectrum, he's more like an anarchist.
If you say so..
Spoiler: show

ilikemyhandsbloody
Lightly Broiled

Post by ilikemyhandsbloody » Jan 4th, 2010, 19:58

T93 wrote:If you say so..
hehehehe
http://www.youtube.com/bloodmapedit

SolidSnake
New user

Post by SolidSnake » Jan 17th, 2010, 19:15

T93 wrote:
ilikemyhandsbloody wrote:Mmm, what has Lenin to do with Caleb... Caleb isn't a communist that's for sure :D
If you say so..

Nice one! :lol:

morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Post by morhlis » May 16th, 2010, 03:11

My hopes for a Blood 3 have more to do with style than anything. I would like to see the third Blood game stay as far away from the future as possible. I would follow Caleb during his years after defeating the Chosen-in-training and the events of Blood 2. Something set during the 1930s across the backdrop of the great depression.

The Cabal is in shambles by his own hands, his love is dead, so is his god. He is a free agent. But this new world is not so kind to a old school blood letter like Caleb. After yet another night of heavy drinking and quiet homicide, another night of slipping into the shadows to avoid the police, he goes back to the flop house where he reside to find a note written in a spidery script. Its asking him to help with a small problem...well small for a god killer that is. It seems a secretive Mennonite-esque group in the midwest has been dabbling in a form of religion that seeks to bring something far worse than the son of man back to earth. And it looks like they're succeeding. The stock market has crashed, farms are turning into dust bowls, there isn't enough of anything for anyone, and a undefined dread is seeping through the country. Similar events are happening all over the world.

Caleb thinks, "I only hope it's corporeal by the time I find it. It would be a shame if there's nothing to rip apart."

But...that's just an idea :evil:
Cruentu Pestis Cruento Rudsceleratus Sum

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » May 21st, 2010, 12:58

If there was Blood3, caleb should be less serious character. I know that it's all angstic anti-hero and he must be evil and all that, but going to ridiculous gloom, grin and doom is making the character a bit ridiculous. By this I don't mean he has to be clown cracking lame jokes, but some sort of maniac twist of laidbackness now and then... I don't know, it's hot here and I need to get out of work now!
LOL HI!

morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Post by morhlis » May 21st, 2010, 13:23

I can see where you're coming from with that. Still, I think that Caleb walks the line between serious and not serious pretty well as he is now. I mean, come on, he is a psychotic. He sings odd songs to himself, laughs maniacally, quips when things explode into gibs. He's not that serious. But I think you run the risk of making him too goofy if you go to the other end. I felt he was a bit goofy at times in Blood 2. And that would be sad to me if he ended up being another Duke Nukem.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » May 21st, 2010, 14:07

Propably. Im thinking of the "fear and loathing in Las Vegas" style, kind of out of tempo kind of loonie (without the drugs). Kind of weird to describe completely but I think you got it.
LOL HI!

morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Post by morhlis » May 21st, 2010, 21:37

Umnir wrote:Propably. Im thinking of the "fear and loathing in Las Vegas" style, kind of out of tempo kind of loonie (without the drugs). Kind of weird to describe completely but I think you got it.
Caleb S. Thompson? Now that I can get behind :o