Blood III Discussion

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Bruce777999
Pink on the Inside

Post by Bruce777999 » Feb 9th, 2008, 01:40

Ok - the "source" that I once lend, consists of 17 files(3 header-files, 14 .cpp).
Dedicated files for the specific monster AI - 3 files(cultist, gargoyle. zombie).
Additionally the files date back to 1995.
Todo lists are endless.
This is just a skeleton - one would have to redo many things from scratch.
Is there a source-base for the beta?

apegomp
New user

Post by apegomp » Feb 28th, 2008, 10:12

Once they invent a device that scans a biological (or any other) body and loads a 3D model in the computer, polygons will become history
There are already such devices out there: medical CT/MRT scanners. Another way to create realistic voxel models is to simply voxelize a high-resolution polygon model with a slightly modified version of Ken's poly2vox program :D
I don't know man. How do you suppose to animate a voxel model??
Easy, you just use a modified version of Ken's kwalk voxel animation program that has an added /curvy= function and then you can bend and twist voxel models realistically like this:

Blood III(D) Concept Art:
:D

You have to try my Voxelstein 3D map, powered by Ken Silverman's awesome voxel engine! :D

INSTALLATION

a) download the mod/.rar (http://rapidshare.com/files/95275414/Voxelstein_3D.rar)

b) unzip/unrar to desktop

c) run game.exe

While in-game, press t and type /vxlmip=1536 for better graphics

Requiem
Lightly Broiled

Post by Requiem » Feb 29th, 2008, 23:53

That looks pretty horrible it has to be said :?
[quote="Umnir"]The final boss of HL.. It's like running on sharp glass, acid raining on you while there's two pineapples in your ass sideways and bulldogs are trying to eat your balls.[/quote]

ShadowZealot
New user

The Postmortem -> Blood

Post by ShadowZealot » Mar 1st, 2008, 06:09

Requiem has a point there... :?
Master Blackwell - "Fools...Must...Die!"

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Mar 1st, 2008, 15:33

That cultist is hideous he makes me cringe :?

Shaggy
Pink on the Inside

Post by Shaggy » Mar 1st, 2008, 16:12

it's not that bad - it's just very "low-poly" like sprites in wolfenstein. ;)
signatures are irrelevant. they are for those naive simpletons, who think that they can sum their whole life philosophy in several worlds.
idiots.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Mar 1st, 2008, 16:20

Is that really a game or just an interactive screen saver with grotesque abominations of something that is supposed to be something else?
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

apegomp
New user

Post by apegomp » Mar 1st, 2008, 17:08

Dimebog wrote:Is that really a game or just an interactive screen saver with grotesque abominations of something that is supposed to be something else?
it's basically just a modified tech demo of Ken Silverman's awesome voxel engine Voxlap.

The graphics may look bad, but the gameplay has a great potential for improvement because it is very is easy to deform voxels. That's one of the big advantages with voxels, 100% realistic deformation/destruction. It would be cool if a programmer would implement deformable enemies.. Gameplay over graphics! :P

I made a Wolfenstein 3D map, it looks pretty good I think. You can try it if you want, just scroll down to the bottom of my blog: voxelstein3d.blogspot.com

Here are some screenshots for those of you who think voxels look bad:

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Mar 1st, 2008, 17:19

I downloaded it but I couldn't find any "gameplay". Interactive screensaver FTW.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Mar 1st, 2008, 17:39

apegomp wrote:
Dimebog wrote:Is that really a game or just an interactive screen saver with grotesque abominations of something that is supposed to be something else?
it's basically just a modified tech demo of Ken Silverman's awesome voxel engine Voxlap.

The graphics may look bad, but the gameplay has a great potential for improvement because it is very is easy to deform voxels. That's one of the big advantages with voxels, 100% realistic deformation/destruction. It would be cool if a programmer would implement deformable enemies.. Gameplay over graphics! :P

I made a Wolfenstein 3D map, it looks pretty good I think. You can try it if you want, just scroll down to the bottom of my blog: voxelstein3d.blogspot.com

Here are some screenshots for those of you who think voxels look bad:
Bad? I think those look absolutely fucking fantastic to me!
LOL HI!

mouth
Lightly Broiled

Post by mouth » Mar 1st, 2008, 17:57

I actually sort of like those deformed looking graphics, makes for a surreal gaming experience. Look at AITD 1, 2 and 3 for instance, everything looks so surreal because gfx are low poly :)
Oh and, Ecstatica too.
Long live the new flesh!

apegomp
New user

Post by apegomp » Mar 1st, 2008, 19:37

Dimebog wrote:I downloaded it but I couldn't find any "gameplay".
You can kill the guard/soldier by throwing knives at him and you can chop down all the trees. There is very little gameplay because it is just a tech demo. I am currently looking for someone who can help me improve the gameplay by adding deformable .kv6 sprites, etc.
Umnir wrote:Bad? I think those look absolutely fucking fantastic to me!
Thanks, that really means a lot to me :hug:

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Mar 4th, 2008, 23:57

Voxels look fine for gometry and stationary world objects if your'e into the "stylized' look. As actors, they look like the terrible denizens from some kind of lego hell. Can ken'svoxel.dat handle a good ol' 2d sprite?

I vividly remember getting into an argument with Ken about a voxel based tree. He said it would look awful. I'm glad he was wrong.

Bruce777999
Pink on the Inside

Post by Bruce777999 » Mar 5th, 2008, 02:37

Looks great agegomp - love the style!
8)

apegomp
New user

Post by apegomp » Mar 28th, 2008, 00:48

Mmm.. deformable enemies :drool: