Blood III Discussion

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Blood III Discussion

Post by Daedalus » Apr 9th, 2006, 18:04

Got anything to say about the 'inevitable' creation of Blood 3? Ideas of 'what should be'? Stick it here. 8)
Last edited by Daedalus on Apr 9th, 2006, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

BoneofFear
Pink on the Inside

Post by BoneofFear » Apr 9th, 2006, 18:12

Monolyth should of done a better job on Blood 3 :lol: seriously though.I do hope they decide to make Blood 3 after converting Criminal Origens to PC.even though it is using the FEAR ENGIEN (Which I don't mind)
I don't suffer from insanity,I'm enjoying every second of it. - Clan Malkavian

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Apr 9th, 2006, 18:31

Lots of blood. Lots of Gore. Maybe no corporation. Oh, and Caleb should have an easter egg level where he kills Gordon Freeman. ;)
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

Hellen
Well Done

Post by Hellen » Apr 9th, 2006, 19:41

BoneofFear wrote:Monolyth
Cool spelling! I gotta write it down…

Drakan wrote: Oh, and Caleb should have an easter egg level where he kills Gordon Freeman. ;)
I’d rather see him killing FEAR’s Rambo. Alma or Paxton are also acceptable.
Let it be a reference to post-blood Monolith works.

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Apr 10th, 2006, 07:43

No! It's gotta be gordon! Gordon's a polygonal communist who started all this shit!

DEATH TO GORDON FREEMAN!!!

BoneofFear
Pink on the Inside

Post by BoneofFear » Apr 10th, 2006, 08:11

Drakan wrote:No! It's gotta be gordon! Gordon's a polygonal communist who started all this shit!

DEATH TO GORDON FREEMAN!!!
I agree with my friend barry when he said "Communism WOULD work,if it was done CORRECTLY"

anyways.an easter egg of caleb killing gordon freeman would do justice....Why not the doom 3 marine as well?or the nameless FEAR dude(if he even has a model)?or even a STAB at Cradle of Filth's Dani Filth JUST for good measure? :twisted:
I don't suffer from insanity,I'm enjoying every second of it. - Clan Malkavian

Hellen
Well Done

Post by Hellen » Apr 10th, 2006, 10:45

I’m a communist and I find this offensive!

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Apr 10th, 2006, 12:28

I’m a communist and I find this offensive!
Equal share for everyone!

I think I have the answer to this debate. If Blood 3 had any easter eggs of this nature, it would be you killing the Duke model from Duke Nukem Forever. :runhide:
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Apr 10th, 2006, 12:48

I wasn't looking to insult anyone's countries, just stabbing at valve.

Sorry Hellen (and anyone else in this aspect). :(

Requiem
Lightly Broiled

Post by Requiem » Apr 14th, 2006, 15:35

Recently I've been jotting down ideas for a Blood 3 sequel, I've had the idea of making it as a Half-Life MOD (I have many years experience working with the game tools) but I'm not sure about it due to legal issues that may or may not exist.

I'd gladly make it on Source if that engine wasn't so bloody complicated to produce anything for and Steam wasn't complete shite. I feel it's about time the Blood community had a sequel, it's nearly 8 years since the last game and I doubt very much that Monolith will ever make a proper Blood 3.

Please let me know what your thoughts are on this, fellow Bloodfiends...

Hellen
Well Done

Post by Hellen » Apr 14th, 2006, 16:03

Blood 3 for Half-Dead mod? Now, that’s not funny…

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Apr 14th, 2006, 16:36

Agreed.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Apr 14th, 2006, 18:58

Hey, Al. Perhaps I should issue a word or two to you. There's sort of a built in hatred for Half-Baked within the Blood universe. Of course this malice doesn't issue from all Bloodites as we aren't clones (I think?), but hey, if people come knocking on your door with pitchforks and torches, know that they aren't hoping to sell cookies to ya!

By all means, jot down your ideas, though, if you wish. After all, it is my mission to try and maintain the peace on this forum. Alas; I am human and my feelings often get involved too.

P.S. Legal issues exist, unfortunately.

Dopefish
Still Kicking

Post by Dopefish » Apr 14th, 2006, 19:54

Newsflash: Whether Half-life sucks or not, it has good mods. It has some good mods, and it has a solid engine. If a Blood III mod is made for HL, this does not mean that Caleb will be running around Black Mesa corridors, smacking things with crowbars and pushing crates while fighting aliens with sci-fi weapons. This is more than we could say for Blood II. Don't be hatin' the man because he wants a Blood mod on a relatively solid engine.
Punching contest GO!

Requiem
Lightly Broiled

Post by Requiem » Apr 14th, 2006, 20:16

I can pretty much do anything in Half-Life, it's so easy to implement things and there's lots of support for the engine, plus the fans.. get people into the mod and you could easily sway people's interest in the direction of the other Blood games, it's not a marketing thing to get Monolith some more dosh, it just makes sense to me. I don't really see the point in hating Half-Life, although granted if it had been delayed, Blood II would have been more of a hit.
Ðaedalus Ðeathmask wrote:P.S. Legal issues exist, unfortunately.
I'll probably email Monolith or something, it's a pity if they do disallow such a thing, it's not like they're getting much in the way of Sales from any of the Blood games and there's more chance of World Peace than there is of the developers making Blood 3, it's all about F.E.A.R. at the moment, which in my opinion is a damn fine game, but I still crave more Blood [/goth]
[quote="Umnir"]The final boss of HL.. It's like running on sharp glass, acid raining on you while there's two pineapples in your ass sideways and bulldogs are trying to eat your balls.[/quote]