What are you currently reading?

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Re: What are you currently reading?

Post by Panoptic Blur » Feb 5th, 2012, 12:34

Matter by Iain M. Banks, after finishing More Than Human by Theodore Sturgeon.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Apr 12th, 2012, 15:24

I'm reading a handbook on effective writing.

It is very informative and even enjoyable.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Suture
Doin' Thangs

Post by Suture » Apr 26th, 2012, 10:59

Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell
Dimebog wrote:Start fearing my dick and stop spamming.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Apr 26th, 2012, 13:45

Panoptic Blur wrote:I'm reading a handbook on effective writing.

It is very informative and even enjoyable.
Interesting. Did you get inspired to read this book for some reason or just for fun/found it by accident?
You seem to write shitloads already, for something like forum.
LOL HI!

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Apr 26th, 2012, 14:02

Of late I might as well be an illiterate chimpanzee.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Apr 26th, 2012, 19:11

Hmm, an illiterate chimpanzee. Try to wear some normal fit pants, Matt, and you could be a sporty gazelle instead. Just a thought...

I don't have much time for reading, but when I do have a few free moments, lately I've been going back over the Mastering Unreal Technology books. For fiction, I recently started Time and Again by Jack Finney, which is about an advertising artist that goes back in time to 1882.

There's just never enough time...

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Dec 15th, 2013, 21:20

Are their any particular chronicles one would recommend to enhance one's Grammatical & Literature skills? Granted it's absurd I ask of such a thing given I'm already exceptional in this area but I'm naturally studious and a Philosopher so I always aspire to continually improve and soar. Furthermore so called Academia/Education is very watered down and laughable in this modern era of decadence compared to decades if not centuries ago, so if you know any titles in particular let's hear it!

I don't particularly like much fiction, most of it constitutes a waste of time when you could actually be reading something which could enhance your analytical and reading ability. In my youth I was taken to the 'Darren Shan' Horror series of book, it followed the trials and tribulations of a young boy who wandered into a Circus Show late at night and from their on was turned into a vampire after being forced to make a pact with a sinister fellow. The chronicles then continue for 10-12 books if I recall, but it all ties together in the end in a full circle regarding to the origins of this all came to be so it was very fitting.

Otherwise I've been reading material from my favourite Occult Writer/Mystic Manly Palmer Hall on 'The Story of Astrology' and 'Freemasonry of the Ancient Egyptians'.
It is better to light a candle then to curse the darkness...

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Nov 13th, 2014, 10:23

Currently reading Adrian Goldsworthy's "In the name of Rome: The men who won the empire".
Historical book of the most noteworthy generals in Rome and their battles. Good reading! It's been a while I've read history of the ancient times.
LOL HI!

Suture
Doin' Thangs

Post by Suture » Jun 13th, 2015, 21:01

I've read two books since I've last posted. Choke and Fight Club both by Chuck Palahniuk.
Dimebog wrote:Start fearing my dick and stop spamming.