What are you currently reading?

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

What are you currently reading?

Post by Daedalus » Jan 24th, 2006, 18:23

Greetings, gang. I was curious about the literacy of the members around here. Of the few I know I don't think there are any readers, or if this thread will be successful, but it's worth a shot.

I'm busy reading Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. I read his Da Vinci code and that was a great novel. So far Angels and Demons is setting itself up in a very similar fashion and promises to be another mentally stimulating read!

Anybody around here reading something?
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

mouth
Lightly Broiled

Post by mouth » Jan 24th, 2006, 19:02

Samuelson: Economy :P

no, but seriously, when I get some free time again, I'll finish the books I started reading -> King's Bag of Bones and Koontz's Cold Fire.
Long live the new flesh!

Gandhi[ofDOOM]
New user

Post by Gandhi[ofDOOM] » Jan 24th, 2006, 23:26

Exam period right now, so I'm not really reading anything. Left about four books unfinished though:
* Joachim Fernau - Deutschland, Deutschland, über alles...
* Die Sympathie der Goldfische (4 short novels by different korean authors)
* Yukio Mishima - Liebesdurst ("thirst for love")
* Oe Kenzaburo - Der stumme Schrei ("silent scream").

Any one of them a recommended read.
Last edited by Gandhi[ofDOOM] on Jan 27th, 2006, 11:33, edited 1 time in total.

Boss429
Still Kicking

Post by Boss429 » Jan 25th, 2006, 06:57

I'm working my way through The Old Testament. I'm currently on the book of Numbers (NIV version).

Shaggy
Pink on the Inside

Post by Shaggy » Jan 25th, 2006, 10:46

now, if i read books, that books are full of pointers, constants and variables...
signatures are irrelevant. they are for those naive simpletons, who think that they can sum their whole life philosophy in several worlds.
idiots.

Keis
New user

Post by Keis » Jan 27th, 2006, 00:52

If comic books count, then I can say Transmetropolitan. If not, I could say Bram Stoker's Dracula... Well, not really, I've been trying to read it for a long time, but I allways forget it at my parents place when I'm visiting them... OH SHIT! If I call RIGHT NOW I could tell my mother to bring it here when she comes visiting tomorrow! I'l just do that... (for those who didn't know (all except Daedolon that is), I live 450kilometers away from my parents atm (and for those who don't know kilometers, its about quite a bit actualy))

Dopefish
Still Kicking

Post by Dopefish » Jan 27th, 2006, 03:55

oh shizz, mate. If comics count, I've ALSO been reading Transmetropolitan, re-reading Lobo, and trying to get my hands on Tank Girl. Best trio of comic book badasses ever.
Punching contest GO!

Willis
New user

Post by Willis » Jan 29th, 2006, 07:07

This thread

and If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor

I don't read often, usually just on breaks when I'm at work.. so it usually takes me about a month or so to read a book, rarely read at home.
--Willis

scirmast
New user

Post by scirmast » Jan 30th, 2006, 22:12

I am reading a novel called Pimeyden Ydin, freely translated as "The heart of Darkness". A thriller novel about terrorists and drugs.
Get off my train!

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Feb 1st, 2006, 07:32

Screwtape Letters by C.S Lewis: This book is very interesting... Its about a buch of letters written by a demon to his nephew giving him advice on tempting humans.

Bone Hunter by Steven Erikson

Book 11 of the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan (Can't remember what it's called)

Going Postal by Terry Pratchet

The Weeping Goddess by Zane Gentis

Gandhi[ofDOOM]
New user

Post by Gandhi[ofDOOM] » Feb 7th, 2006, 00:24

Omfg Willis! "If Chins Could Kill"... If there's still a bloodite who doesn't know... that's the autobiography of Bruce Campbell, the guy who played the main character in the Evil Dead series (which, I think are the movies Blood took its most popular lines from).

Boss429
Still Kicking

Post by Boss429 » Feb 15th, 2006, 06:49

N47Ø wrote:Screwtape Letters by C.S Lewis: This book is very interesting... Its about a buch of letters written by a demon to his nephew giving him advice on tempting humans.

Bone Hunter by Steven Erikson

Book 11 of the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan (Can't remember what it's called)

Going Postal by Terry Pratchet

The Weeping Goddess by Zane Gentis
I am also reading Screwtape Letters I just started it today.

Shaggy
Pink on the Inside

Post by Shaggy » Mar 9th, 2006, 02:50

i'm reading currently raymond e. feist books. just finished "magician". in poland this title is in two-book edition. i borrowed second part today and just saw the last page about 20 minutes ago. yep, i'm a book devourer sometimes and now i have a little cross-eye :]
signatures are irrelevant. they are for those naive simpletons, who think that they can sum their whole life philosophy in several worlds.
idiots.

Boss429
Still Kicking

Post by Boss429 » Mar 9th, 2006, 07:48

I finished reading Screwtape Letters. I really enjoyed it. There was a refence to Cerberus and hellhounds in the very last chapter, were the demons are talking about the less tasty souls:

"Our catches will be ever more numerous; but they will consist of trash---trash which we should once have thrown to Cerberus and the hellhounds as unfit for diabolical consumption."

Now I'm reading That Hideous Strength also by C.S. Lewis.
I've also gotten to 1 Samuel in the Old Testament.

Keis
New user

Post by Keis » Apr 24th, 2006, 20:42

I finaly got my copy of Dracula with me, and I'm reading it at work. It's just too frustrating when you get to an exciting part and a customer walks in...

Anyways, about 40 pages left. Great book so far. Seems the Bram Stoker's Dracula movie wasn't really that loyal to the book as I expected. I tried re-watching the movie a week ago (when I had read about half of the book), and I kept thinking "that's not how it went" and "exactly as in the book". Should be capable of finishing the book in maby 2 days. It's all up to the customers...